Windows 10: Win10 1909 BSOD "ip_misaligned" while gaming

Discus and support Win10 1909 BSOD "ip_misaligned" while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Here is the onedrive link for the minidump. Some background info: This is the first time in half a year that I run into BSOD. Previous BSOD were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by yicshen, Mar 5, 2020.

1. yicshen Win User

Win10 1909 BSOD "ip_misaligned" while gaming

Here is the onedrive link for the minidump.

Some background info: This is the first time in half a year that I run into BSOD. Previous BSOD were exepcted due to tuning voltages for OC. I do have OC on CPU and stock settings on GPU and RAM. I have played the same game in the past 6 months for hundreds of hours, and it never BSOD once with the current BIOS settings including OC. After the BSOD I played for another hour and it did not repro. I ran windows bultin memtest once 2 pass and 40 minutes on furmark and everything looks good.

This probably is a one off BSOD, but I am still curious as to what caused it. Reading up the automatic dump and minidump, I only see module_name: hardware and bucket_id: ip_misaligned.

Thanks in advance!

:)

yicshen, Mar 5, 2020

2. BSOD, Black Screen, and General Freezing while gaming on Windows 10 1909

Recently I was sent a preinstalled Windows 10 Pro 1909 SSD, unable to reinstall different OS version or downgrade without voiding a warranty. Now, I am essentially stuck on Windows 10 1909 and while utilizing it I have run into a specific repeatable issue
    that I have tried numerous strategies to repair with no success.

Specs:

• Alienware 17R4
    • Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.657
    • 256 GB NVMe M.2 SSD (OS Drive)
    • 1TB HDD (Secondary Drive)
    • Nvidia GTX 1080 (Notebook edition)
    • Intel i7-7820HK CPU
    • 16GB Memory

Problem: When playing any graphically demanding game (will list a few below), within ~5-20 minutes, the computer will Crash to BSOD (various errors/not consistent message), Crash to Black Screen, or just simply freeze; all of which require
    a hard reboot of the device.

• Two of the BSOD errors [UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED].

Troubleshooting Attempts: Thus far I have tried the following to see what the issue might be

• Ran various hardware performance utilities to diagnose any current hardware issues (None found)
    • Installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled different Nvidia graphics drivers (Same issue persists)
    • Reinstalled fresh edition of Win 10 1909 OS (Same issue presists)
    • Reinstalled fresh Nvidia driver (version 442.19) after Win 10 reinstall (Same issue persists)
    • Installed only minimal software to replicate the problem (Steam with 1-3 games) (Same issue persists) [Game Examples: Assassins Creed Odyssey, The Witcher 3, Session, and Wolcen]
      • Was able to play a non-graphically demanding game (Roblox) without crashing
    • Installed different gaming software to see if the issue was related to Steam - Blizzard Launcher+ Diablo 3 (Same issue persists)
    • Tested if problem occurs while not gaming, running HD video, etc. (Issue does not occur); can run for hours or even days with no problem as long as games are not played

At this point, I am unable to determine the next best course of action to resolve this issue.

BeardedGamerGuy, Mar 5, 2020
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Win10 1909 BSOD "ip_misaligned" while gaming

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Win10 1909 BSOD "ip_misaligned" while gaming

1. Win10 1909 BSOD "ip_misaligned" while gaming - Similar Threads - Win10 1909 BSOD

2. BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD while gaming: Hello there,Last year I purchased this PC which started having BSOD errors while gaming for a while, though historically they were more infrequent about 3-5 a week, which started within a month of having the machine. I've updated the drivers, tested the RAM using Windows...
  3. BSOD while gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while gaming: Recently after updating windows 10for about 2 updates now I started running into a lot of blue screen while gaming. I need help with interpreting the minidumps created in order to figure out what causes the BSODs.So far I've tried uninstalling and re-installing my GPU...
  4. BSOD caused by SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - IP_MISALIGNED

BSOD caused by SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - IP_MISALIGNED: Hello, I have a problem with Windows 10 BSOD. Minidump file link is on google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m7unWPzF5NY3t55x6_aA_aK1LMZ6cIP1/view?usp=sharing The application that caused this PdlRt.exe was running no problem for a year, problems started after the...
  5. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: I recently performed a fresh install of Windows 10 not an upgrade. I rarely had this issue with windows 7 on the same PC. I can stream videos and movies with no issue. But any time I play any game I get a BSOD. It starts with a system service exception, then goes into a loop...
  6. Win10 spontaneously rebooting while playing games since last update 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 spontaneously rebooting while playing games since last update 1909: Hello, My PC reboots spontaneously while playing games since the last update to 1909. It all worked flawlessly before. No real info about the cause in the Event Viewer, just "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the...
  7. BSOD while gaming (win10)

BSOD while gaming (win10): Hi all, Since I bought this computer, about 1.5 years ago, it will randomly BSOD while gaming. I play a variety of games and eventually it will always crash. It never does it while only chrome or some other apps such as discord are active. At first it crashed maybe once per...
  8. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: I'm almost certain it has something to do with my hardware but I can't make heads or tails of the information in the dump files. I've recently reinstalled Windows, clean install, because of the BSOD's to no avail My computer is approx. 3 years old & I recently upgraded my...
  9. BSOD while gaming

BSOD while gaming: Hello everybody, This is my first post on this forum and I hope someone can help me. I'm having several BSOD while gaming and sometimes even just scrolling windows and browsing pages. The strange thing is that the crash cause seems to be always different, as you can read in...
  10. BSOD while gaming.

BSOD while gaming.: Could someone help me out? 48558

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ip_misaligned

2. ip_misaligned bsod windows 10

3. win10 ip_misaligned