Windows 10: Win10.1909, I have Internet connection but MS APP says no. How to work around.

Discus and support Win10.1909, I have Internet connection but MS APP says no. How to work around. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a somewhat weird network setup on my Windows 10.1909 host PC . I have a Wifi NIC on my host Windows and it has been associated with my 802.11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chen Jun, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Chen Jun Win User

Win10.1909, I have Internet connection but MS APP says no. How to work around.

I have a somewhat weird network setup on my Windows 10.1909 host PC .

1. I have a Wifi NIC on my host Windows and it has been associated with my 802.11 AP.
    2. I do not configure an IP address for my physical Wifi NIC.
    3. Inside my host PC, I have a virtual machine running pfSense that has two virtual NICs,
      • one bridged to that physical Wifi NIC so it gets DHCP-ed IP 192.168.43.100 from the 802.11AP.
      • the other has manually assigned IP 10.22.3.82, bridged to the "VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet adapter".
    4. The pfSense VM use 802.11 AP as default gateway, so it can directly access the Internet.
    5. My host PCmanually set IP=10.22.3.84, gateway=10.22.3.82 uses pfSense as Internet gatewaypfSense is an NAT gateway, so it can also access the Internet as well. There is no doubt of this because Chrome and IE11 both display Internet websites without problem.

BUT, problem arises when I use Edge or Microsoft Store App. They tell my I have no Internet connection and refuses to work. Ridiculous!

Win10.1909, I have Internet connection but MS APP says no. How to work around. fc6ad711-3f07-4538-b15c-75b158c12e2b?upload=true.png

So I'd like to ask, keep my network configurations intact, is there way to make Edge or Microsoft Store App work as expected

:)

Chen Jun, Feb 22, 2020

2. Cant get Cortana to work, says it's not connected to the internet.

Hello ,

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Joy Kemprai.

Title:
    Cant get Cortana To work

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

Before I can provide you any assistance, I would like you to answer the question below:

1. Do you that an un-interrupted internet connection?

2. Is your web browser working properly?

I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if the issue persist:

Step 1: Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.
    Step 2: Run Internet Troubleshooter.

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions.
    Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

I have done all the above and have a 50mbps connection. Help. Thank You

John Schaus, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Internet says it is connected but won't work

Summary: My windows 10 computer says the network has internet access, but I can't actually access anything on the internet. I know the internet is working because I have multiple other devices connecting, including a windows 7 computer. The computer can also see each other over the network.

The computer connects via an ethernet connection.

Things I have tried:
    ipconfig/release
    ipconfig/renew
    ipconfig/flushdns
    ipconfig/registerdns
    resetting the modem
    safe mode with network
    system restore

Background: Windows 10 had been running well until about a week ago. I had a momentary power outage and lost internet access to all devices. I was able to reconnect most things via restarting. The windows 10 computer didn't reconnect until I did the ipconfig/renew command. I had no other problems until the computer stopped connecting two days ago.

I'm not sure if the event is related.

At the moment I'm not sure of what else to try except uninstalling/reinstalling windows, but I'm hoping to avoid that step.

Thank you very much for your help.

CRogers271, Feb 22, 2020
  4. 3mptylord Win User

Network Settings says No Internet Connection, But...

I've tried unselecting the option but I didn't fix the issue - nor could I see why it would.

The following things connect to the internet fine:
    • Microsoft Edge (new IE)
    • Chrome
    • Steam's browser and Steam multiplayer games
    • League of Legends launcher, patcher, PVP.net and game client
    • Battle.net
    • Pretty much everything
    What doesn't work:

• Network Center (says I'm not connected)
    • Windows Live Mail (logging in)
    • Outlook (logging in)
    • Notepad 8 (logging in)
    • User Accounts (logging in)
    The issue seems to affect any Microsoft product that tries to connect to Live.

3mptylord, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10.1909, I have Internet connection but MS APP says no. How to work around. - Similar Threads - Win10 1909 Internet

2. Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.: Im having issues i tried everything nothing work… im using a ethernet cable it says connected to internet but nothing is running/loading. How can i fix?...
  3. Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.

Internet says it’s connected, but doesn’t work.: It says my internet is connected, but nothing is working. Other devices are working on the internet and I even tried to use my hotspot on the computer but that isn’t working either. I’ve tried using safe mode with networking, but that doesn’t work either. I’ve looked up...
  4. Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.

Windows says I have no internet connection, but I do.: I am running windows 10 home version 1909. My icon in the taskbar shows no internet access, but I can use it just fine. I saw here...
  5. MS says Im not connected to the internet

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS says Im not connected to the internet: Hey, I have an issue in the microsoft store saying that I am not connected to the internet. I am trying to download software so I can customize lights on my pc, but when I click the "Get" button, an icon pops up saying, "You'll need internet for this," and has the error code...
  6. Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.

Windows 10 says I have no internet connection, but I have.: I am running on Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 2004, OS Build 19041.264. I recently changed to the Windows Insider Program and updated Windows. In the taskbar, the Wi-Fi icon shows No Internet Access, but I have a stable internet connection wirelessly Ex: I can browse the...
  7. internet connection & Win10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet connection & Win10 Mail App: Mail in Win10 said it couldn't connect to my account, as I was offline. I checked the network setting and it says there is no connection, nor is an Ethernet cable plugged in. Obviously it is and there is a connection as I am signed into my account and typing this message....
  8. Windows says not connected, but i have internet.

Windows says not connected, but i have internet.: So I use a dsl pppoe connection to access internet. [ATTACH][ATTACH] But recently I discovered I can not access ms store or other metro apps. Even windows update is showing error. [ATTACH] Then when I check my settings it says not connected. Even though I am connected...
  9. MS update around 3/7/2018 seems to have killed my internet connection

MS update around 3/7/2018 seems to have killed my internet connection: I woke up and turned the computer on and there was no internet connection. Similar second machine not affected (hence, I can post here). Looking through network settings, my normal Ethernet interface seems to have lost it's settings. It is now an unidentified network. I...
  10. Internet says it is connected but won't work

Internet says it is connected but won't work: Summary: My windows 10 computer says the network has internet access, but I can't actually access anything on the internet. I know the internet is working because I have multiple other devices connecting, including a windows 7 computer. The computer can also see each other...