Windows 10: Win10 1909 Pro Context menu programs not showing with UAC disabled and using Admin account

Discus and support Win10 1909 Pro Context menu programs not showing with UAC disabled and using Admin account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a program installed that will not show in the context menu right click while using an admin account and with UAC disabled. If i enable UAC then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tmod700, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Tmod700 Win User

Win10 1909 Pro Context menu programs not showing with UAC disabled and using Admin account

I have a program installed that will not show in the context menu right click while using an admin account and with UAC disabled. If i enable UAC then it shows fine and this issue has been around since Win7 so why no fix to this date?
    Why is UAC controlling what can or cannot be displayed in the context menu?

:)

Tmod700, Jan 14, 2020
  2. gkar Win User

How to remove Context Menu Program UAC Prompt

Thanks for the fast replies. I know of both those suggestions.

I don't want to compromise security by disabling the UAC completely. As someone who suffered a ransomware attack on my media streamer recently, I would prefer to maintain above minimal levels on machines that hold important data.

I already utilise elevated shortcuts for desktop accessibility on programmes like Mediaportal configuration, etc.

I was hoping for a solution to disable UAC when selecting programmes via the context menu.

3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Win10 1909 Pro Context menu programs not showing with UAC disabled and using Admin account :(

ArmoredCavalry, Jan 14, 2020
  4. alexp999 Win User

Win10 1909 Pro Context menu programs not showing with UAC disabled and using Admin account

Vista: How to give FULL admin rights to other accounts???

Cant you just set the account as an admin account??

alexp999, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 1909 Pro Context menu programs not showing with UAC disabled and using Admin account - Similar Threads - Win10 1909 Pro

2. How to change the default admin account used for "run as admin" context menu entries?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change the default admin account used for "run as admin" context menu entries?: On windows 10, I had created a new admin account other than the builtin default. Thereafter i had disabled the default admin account. Works correct EXCEPT that whenever i click the "run as admin" context menu entry on start menu items on a normal user account, the program is...
  3. How to change the default admin account used for "run as admin" context menu entries?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the default admin account used for "run as admin" context menu entries?: On windows 10, I had created a new admin account other than the builtin default. Thereafter i had disabled the default admin account. Works correct EXCEPT that whenever i click the "run as admin" context menu entry on start menu items on a normal user account, the program is...
  4. How to change the default admin account used for "run as admin" context menu entries?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Program not showing up in 'Open With' context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program not showing up in 'Open With' context menu: I tried this a few months ago and failed after a lot of tweaking in the regedit. Probably this guide Remove Programs from Open with Context Menu in Windows and some other where it said how to add. I gave up. Now I have a new computer with a fresh Windows 10, and is at it...
  6. No OneDrive Context Menu in 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No OneDrive Context Menu in 1909: Hi, I've just done a clean installation of Windows 10 on a formatted drive. I've updated to version 1909 Build 18363.900. I'm running OneDrive version 2020 Build 20.064.0329.0008. There's no Context Menu for OneDrive when I click on any files in the OneDrive folder in...
  7. Changing Context Menu and Taskbar font in Win10 1909?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Context Menu and Taskbar font in Win10 1909?: This has confused me. For a while I had every font changed within Windows, but the 1909 update reverted the Context Menu and Taskbar to the default Segoe. All other fonts can be changed except these. Even using WinAero Tweaker and registry edits it has no effect. I have...
  8. Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Using Admin Account with UAC Prompting for Credentials?: I just installed Windows 10 and my local user account is a Local Admin Account. However, under Local Security Policy settings, I set the UAC Prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop (for Admin accounts). Can I also use this account to browse the web, check...
  9. How to remove Context Menu Program UAC Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove Context Menu Program UAC Prompt: Hi, Been trying to sort this out, but no luck with my searching. I am using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free. Everytime I attempt to use the conttext menu to scan a file, I get the UAC prompt, which is extremly frustrating. I know the premium version must add policies to...
  10. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 1909 admin menu