Windows 10: Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone..

Discus and support Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; MS upgraded my win10 installation to 2004 and then it wouldn't boot. So I had to make a new install and that was win10 2004, naturally. And I found I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Sep 23, 2020.

1. abrogard Win User

Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone..

MS upgraded my win10 installation to 2004 and then it wouldn't boot. So I had to make a new install and that was win10 2004, naturally.

And I found I couldn't see computers on the Lan.

Finally found I had to set a services function to 'auto' and my computers popped up.

But I still can't see the printer that always used to be there.

Does anyone know how I might recover it?

:)

abrogard, Sep 23, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Sep 23, 2020
  3. JohnD Win User
    Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone.. [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone..

Unable to remove a printer gone in "Unspecified" group

An outdated, or incompatible printer driver could be causing the issue. We suggest that you update your printer driver, or
    uninstall the printer driver; then, restart the computer, and have Windows install the latest driver automatically. Check the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the printer driver and uninstall it.
    • Restart the computer.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone..

1. Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone.. - Similar Threads - Win10 2004 Lan

2. no printer sharing in lan windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no printer sharing in lan windows10: i am using 3 windows 10 pro machines in home. two printers are attached to a system and both are shared. all 3 systems are connected via wifi internet router. adding network printers is impossible, tried many fixes including registry edits, nothing works. wiped and...
  3. no printer sharing in lan windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no printer sharing in lan windows10: i am using 3 windows 10 pro machines in home. two printers are attached to a system and both are shared. all 3 systems are connected via wifi internet router. adding network printers is impossible, tried many fixes including registry edits, nothing works. wiped and...
  4. no printer sharing in lan windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. win10 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 2004: Twitchtwitch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/0d6064e7-9ec6-4a5f-bb29-8a87b356ab36
  6. Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone..: MS upgraded my win10 installation to 2004 and then it wouldn't boot. So I had to make a new install and that was win10 2004, naturally. And I found I couldn't see computers on the Lan. Finally found I had to set a services function to 'auto' and my computers popped up. But...
  7. printer on wireless lan

printer on wireless lan: I got my system upgraded to win10 2004 and my lan printer disappeared from view on the lan. so did the lan. found a wonderful vid on youtube where a guy told us all about finding services that 2004 kindly stops for us so's the lan disappears. I was able to restart set to...
  8. win10 2004

win10 2004: ?.?.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/391f881f-9cdc-4a8b-854d-94df7a204a56
  9. Bluetooth is Gone Win10

Bluetooth is Gone Win10: Turned on my wireless Xbox 360 controller tonight and it wouldn't sync to my PC. I noticed the Bluetooth logo was missing from the system tray and when I opened up my bluetooth settings I was told Bluetooth was turned off with no ability to turn it back on. [ATTACH] I did...
  10. Printer setup on LAN

Printer setup on LAN: Setting up Canon MX492 on my LAN. Follow the menu and printer says 'connected'. Then display goes back to wireless LAN setup and I cannot find a way to get out of setup mode. Only buttons that work are OK and arrows. Stop does not do it. How does one return to 'Copy OK 01'?...