Windows 10: Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone..

Discus and support Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone.. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; MS upgraded my win10 installation to 2004 and then it wouldn't boot. So I had to make a new install and that was win10 2004, naturally. And I found I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by abrogard, Oct 2, 2020.

1. abrogard Win User

Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone..

MS upgraded my win10 installation to 2004 and then it wouldn't boot. So I had to make a new install and that was win10 2004, naturally.

And I found I couldn't see computers on the Lan.

Finally found I had to set a services function to 'auto' and my computers popped up.

But I still can't see the printer that always used to be there.

Does anyone know how I might recover it?

:)

abrogard, Oct 2, 2020
  2. abrogard Win User

MS upgraded my win10 installation to 2004 and then it wouldn't boot. So I had to make a new install and that was win10 2004, naturally.

And I found I couldn't see computers on the Lan.

Finally found I had to set a services function to 'auto' and my computers popped up.

But I still can't see the printer that always used to be there.

Does anyone know how I might recover it?

abrogard, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User

Setup a new Network Printer.

Control Panel, Devices and Printers, Add a Printer.
    If the printer doesn't show up, click on The printer I want isn't listed.

Also see here: How to Add a Shared Printer in Windows 10

Ztruker, Oct 2, 2020
  4. lampclock Win User

printer on wireless lan

that's no good. got no disk. never installed it with one from the beginning. on various computers, various incarnations of win10.

point is prior to this sneaky update of 2004 the printer was accessible and working fine.

the printer is not a 'network' printer inasmuch as connected directly to the router - it is connected to a machine on the lan. It is local to that machine.

But since that guy helped out I now see that machine in explorer - and I see the printer hanging off it.

Prior to this wonderful update I installed the printer locally here simply by picking it from the list - it appeared on the list.

And then printed to it, no trouble.

Now it doesn't appear.

Though it does appear in network on explorer when I expand that machine it is connected to. with a printer icon. i.e. windows knows it's there, knows it's a printer but doesn't know it's there an doesn't know there's a printer available.

that's the state of play.

lampclock, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone.. - Similar Threads - Win10 2004 Lan

2. no printer sharing in lan windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no printer sharing in lan windows10: i am using 3 windows 10 pro machines in home. two printers are attached to a system and both are shared. all 3 systems are connected via wifi internet router. adding network printers is impossible, tried many fixes including registry edits, nothing works. wiped and...
  3. no printer sharing in lan windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no printer sharing in lan windows10: i am using 3 windows 10 pro machines in home. two printers are attached to a system and both are shared. all 3 systems are connected via wifi internet router. adding network printers is impossible, tried many fixes including registry edits, nothing works. wiped and...
  4. no printer sharing in lan windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. win10 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 2004: Twitchtwitch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/0d6064e7-9ec6-4a5f-bb29-8a87b356ab36
  6. printer on wireless lan

printer on wireless lan: I got my system upgraded to win10 2004 and my lan printer disappeared from view on the lan. so did the lan. found a wonderful vid on youtube where a guy told us all about finding services that 2004 kindly stops for us so's the lan disappears. I was able to restart set to...
  7. Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone..

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 2004 Lan Printer Gone..: MS upgraded my win10 installation to 2004 and then it wouldn't boot. So I had to make a new install and that was win10 2004, naturally. And I found I couldn't see computers on the Lan. Finally found I had to set a services function to 'auto' and my computers popped up. But...
  8. win10 2004

win10 2004: ?.?.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/391f881f-9cdc-4a8b-854d-94df7a204a56
  9. Bluetooth is Gone Win10

Bluetooth is Gone Win10: Turned on my wireless Xbox 360 controller tonight and it wouldn't sync to my PC. I noticed the Bluetooth logo was missing from the system tray and when I opened up my bluetooth settings I was told Bluetooth was turned off with no ability to turn it back on. [ATTACH] I did...
  10. Printer setup on LAN

Printer setup on LAN: Setting up Canon MX492 on my LAN. Follow the menu and printer says 'connected'. Then display goes back to wireless LAN setup and I cannot find a way to get out of setup mode. Only buttons that work are OK and arrows. Stop does not do it. How does one return to 'Copy OK 01'?...