Windows 10: WIN10-2004 Security Can't Delete Virus

Discus and support WIN10-2004 Security Can't Delete Virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; First, fix the Feedback Hub. I got tired of watched the six dots circle on my screen. My computer has a serious problem with how WIN10-2004 handles... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bobphi, Sep 9, 2020.

1. bobphi Win User

WIN10-2004 Security Can't Delete Virus

First, fix the Feedback Hub. I got tired of watched the six dots circle on my screen.

My computer has a serious problem with how WIN10-2004 handles viruses. It complained that I had several viruses associated within the same sub-folder of the parent folder. I selected DELETE and let it repair the damage. It came back with a message that I had more viruses – which were the ones that it had supposedly removed. I manually deleted the sub-folder the viruses were in. I repeated the process and Version 2004 repeated the same virus message. Next, I renamed the parent folder and repeated the process. Unfortunately, it said that I had viruses in the old non-existent parent folder. Finally, I got rid of the virus message by selecting the option to permit the viruses on my system instead of deleting them. The next virus scan was clean. Hopefully, 2004 didn’t make a copy of them somewhere else on my system.

This was the second time that this happened. The first time was shortly after 2004 was installed. Obviously, some system file must be corrupt because it is hard to imagine that this problem was not caught during testing. The virus problem was noticed after a download, so an attempt was made to remove it before activating it.

:)

bobphi, Sep 9, 2020
  2. J-G-Hall Win User

Win10 2004 defender identifies virus threat even though file had been deleted

Hello,

Some weird stuff with MS Security Virus & threat protection since upgrading to Win10 2004. It's identifying a current threat (PUA:Win32/InstallCore) that I cannot remove even though the file associated with the threat was previously deleted. The threat
    was first identified back on 7/3/2020 and that's when I manually deleted the file. Since then I've tried to remove the threat (associated with a non-existent file) in Virus & threat protection, but every time I rescan after removing, it reappears. Also,
    the Quick Scan is taking 10 to 15 minutes to complete. It gets to about 85% complete then seems to stop for awhile, before it finally completes (showing the threat).

Any suggestions for what I can try? Is there any way of resetting Defender to flush its record of threats and start over? I have tried installing Win10 2004 on top of Win10 2004 (retaining data and apps), but that makes no difference. I'd prefer not to
    do a full OS reinstall unless I absolutely have to.

Also, I temporarily installed Malwarebytes and ran a full scan -- it found no threats. It seems that Defender is stuck thinking there is still a threat.

Thanks in advance.

J-G-Hall, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

WIN10-2004 Security Can't Delete Virus

1. WIN10-2004 Security Can't Delete Virus - Similar Threads - WIN10 2004 Security

2. Can't open virus and threat security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open virus and threat security: I have tried every way to find it if I open settings to go there all i see is this : I also tried one of the suggestions on the site: "Kapil Arya MVPMVP Volunteer ModeratorReplied on December 28, 2019Hello, Open Group Policy snap-in by running gpedit.msc command. Go to...
  3. Virus help - Can't delete

Virus help - Can't delete: Hello, I am in need of help with deleting a virus. I am a fairly cautious person when it comes to downloading files off the internet, this is why I am very confused as I have somehow downloaded a virus by the name of "ChronoSpeedUp". I have searched the internet for tutorials...
  4. win10 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 2004: Twitchtwitch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/0d6064e7-9ec6-4a5f-bb29-8a87b356ab36
  5. can't upgrade to 2004 update in my win10 pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can't upgrade to 2004 update in my win10 pc: hello i bought a new computer of BMAX company who comes with win10 build in. i tried to upgrade to the 2004 update but the tool say "this pc can't be upgraded to windows 10. your pc isn't supported yet on this version of windows 10..." some ideas to solve it?...
  6. Can't upgrade to Win10 2004 - at 57% BFSVC dies

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't upgrade to Win10 2004 - at 57% BFSVC dies: I'm trying to upgrade from 1909 to 2004. I'm seeing error code 0x80242016 in the settings "view update history" panel. It's the same error I've been seeing for months. The upgrade proceeds, and then the percent down goes up to 57% before it says "restarting" and reboots me...
  7. Win10 2004 defender identifies virus threat even though file had been deleted

Win10 2004 defender identifies virus threat even though file had been deleted: Hello, Some weird stuff with MS Security Virus & threat protection since upgrading to Win10 2004. It's identifying a current threat PUA:Win32/InstallCore that I cannot remove even though the file associated with the threat was previously deleted. The threat was first...
  8. Can't delete virus - PUA:Win32/Presenoker

Can't delete virus - PUA:Win32/Presenoker: Hello everyone, how to delete this virus "PUA:Win32/Presenoker" i did microsoft defender offline scan, tried to remove after scan but that didn't help, it just reappears, and now i have 4 of them, big thanks!...
  9. win10 2004

win10 2004: ?.?.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/391f881f-9cdc-4a8b-854d-94df7a204a56
  10. Can't delete keybord Win10

Can't delete keybord Win10: Hello, After the updates, an extra keyboard highlighted by red appeared that was unregistered and could not be removed. Could you tell me how to remove it. Thanks [ATTACH]...