Windows 10: Win10 2004 update appears to have caused Icloud dissconect

Discus and support Win10 2004 update appears to have caused Icloud dissconect in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Outlook no longer connects to icloud so email and calendar sharing across devices no longer works. I get the following error message: "The operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RPitts, Jun 15, 2020.

1. RPitts Win User

Win10 2004 update appears to have caused Icloud dissconect

Outlook no longer connects to icloud so email and calendar sharing across devices no longer works. I get the following error message: "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application". I uninstalled Icoud and reinstalled but still get the same message. Thinking that there might be a firewall problem I shut off the Norton smart firewall but still no joy. I don't suppose the Win10 update fixed it so I can no longer run icloud?

:)

RPitts, Jun 15, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 15, 2020
  3. ICloud does not update

Hi Leon,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to disable third party services and check if the issue persists.

Try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall and Re-install ICloud and check if the issues persist.

Step 2: If issues persist uninstall ICloud and Put the system in Clean Boot.

Step 3:
    Perform a Clean Boot and find out which application/service is causing this issue.

A clean boot helps to eliminate software conflicts and to determine what is causing the problem.

Perform a clean boot on the computer by following the steps given in the link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Follow the steps given in this link to perform a clean boot on the computer. You may please note that performing a clean boot does not fix the actual issue. It just helps us in identifying the root cause of the issue.

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, refer to the article “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” for Windows 8, given under
    the section “More Information” to reset the computer to start as usual from the above link.

Step 4: Install the ICloud and check if the issues persist.

If issue still persist, I would suggest you to contact

https://discussions.apple.com/community/icloud

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Ravindra Kamath, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Windows and Icloud Mail etc: Failing to initialise

Hi
    TomParkinson2

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Do you receive any error message when the spinner stops?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Uninstall iCloud application.

I would suggest you to Sign out from the iCloud account from the app, then uninstall the application.

1. Press Windows
      and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Select the iCloud application and click on Uninstall.

Method 2: Reinstall iCloud application.

Step 1:

I would suggest you toDownload
    the latest version of iCloud

from the apple website. Follow the Onscreen instructions and install the application. For more information, check the article on
    Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Step 2:

Once the installation is completed, tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for ICloud app. Right click on the app and click on
    Pin to taskbar.

If you are using Surface PC, I would suggest you to follow steps mentioned in the Microsoft article about
    Using Surface with iPhone, iCloud,
    and iTunes.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 2004 update appears to have caused Icloud dissconect - Similar Threads - Win10 2004 update

2. My iCloud account appears to have to be fixed on Windows,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My iCloud account appears to have to be fixed on Windows,: Hi !I have a new computer with windows 11. I can't connect my iCloud account. When I try to do so I get a message stating that the acount needs fixing. The password is correct and I don't understand what has to be fixed. Therefore, no way to synchronize smartphone or iPad....
  3. My iCloud account appears to have to be fixed on Windows,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My iCloud account appears to have to be fixed on Windows,: Hi !I have a new computer with windows 11. I can't connect my iCloud account. When I try to do so I get a message stating that the acount needs fixing. The password is correct and I don't understand what has to be fixed. Therefore, no way to synchronize smartphone or iPad....
  4. win10 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 2004: Twitchtwitch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/0d6064e7-9ec6-4a5f-bb29-8a87b356ab36
  5. Win10 feature 2004 update causes blue screens every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 feature 2004 update causes blue screens every 5 minutes: Hello. Last week the 2004 feature update has been unlocked for my computer it started to update automatically, I didn't force the update manually. So I supposed that the incompatibilities were solved and for that reason the update was available for my PC. The installation...
  6. Win10 update 2004

Win10 update 2004: Beim Update auf win10 2004 kommt die Fehlermeldung 0x80242016. was soll ich tun https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-update-2004/0c0cbcb0-f31f-4073-8772-5d89278bd74a
  7. Win10 pro 2004 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 pro 2004 update: Hi, Ever since the 2004 update arrived on my pc, the click on the start menu has a considerate delay of at least 3 seconds. Knowing I run on INTEL i7-7700K on 4.2GHz, the delay must be even more noticable for I5's. Is this going to remain so, or will there be an...
  8. Win10 Update to 2004 failed

Win10 Update to 2004 failed: I have an unusual System: Intel Xeon E5-v2 with windows 10 professional, Asus Board 64 GB Ram, C600 Chipset an ssd for OS, download, documents folder on other drive, Raid 5 LSI Logic controller for datastorage. Win10 BSOD after the latest update. I can't even log on system...
  9. win10 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    win10 2004: ?.?.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10/391f881f-9cdc-4a8b-854d-94df7a204a56
  10. Latest win10 update (2004)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest win10 update (2004): So just finished downloading the update through windows website cuz I disabled automatic updates a while ago and couldn't remember how to restore it since I need to use Adobe software and it won't work without a newer windows version but I just found my very first bug (which...