Windows 10: Win10 2004 update does not recognise my user profile

Discus and support Win10 2004 update does not recognise my user profile in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two profiles, one not recognised and one not shown. Cannot login! What to do to access my laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lvr181, Aug 7, 2020.

1. lvr181 Win User

Win10 2004 update does not recognise my user profile

I have two profiles, one not recognised and one not shown. Cannot login!

What to do to access my laptop?

:)

lvr181, Aug 7, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 7, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 7, 2020
  4. rfhar Win User

How do I fix a corrupt user profile in Win10...

I do not have this problem right now but have had in the past and know someone who did recently. I Previously I had upgraded from Win7 and had to go back to Win7 because of too many problems in the update to Win10. I did this four times then did a clean
    boot via doing a Shift-restart and following through the menus. The clean-boot cured all my problems and now the boot up time is at least three times faster. Over the years using Win7 I have had to repair a corrupted User profile. I tried using the method
    I was able to fis a corrupt profile with Win7 on Win10 and found that the Win7 method does not work on Win10. As such I just want to be prepared and have the information on file.

Is the method you list above necessary for a standard user profile or can just copy my personal stuff over to a new user profile as BulldogXX suggests for a standard user profile?

rfhar, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 2004 update does not recognise my user profile - Similar Threads - Win10 2004 update

2. don't recognise user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    don't recognise user profile: My paid by before owner Windows 11 Professional on my laptop Dell failed in order that not recognise anymore my username.Please check my licence and account. Today 22.07.2023 a company from Romania Timișoara city named R-mobile sold me a Windows 10 Pro licence but not shure...
  3. don't recognise user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    don't recognise user profile: My paid by before owner Windows 11 Professional on my laptop Dell failed in order that not recognise anymore my username.Please check my licence and account. Today 22.07.2023 a company from Romania Timișoara city named R-mobile sold me a Windows 10 Pro licence but not shure...
  4. 2004 damaging user profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 damaging user profile: So, I really need some help. My computer has tried twice in the last couple of months to apply the 2004 update. Both times when it finishes installing it comes back to tell me that I can’t login. I’ve tried all of the suggestions out there about deleting the temporary profile...
  5. Win10 does not recognise my BenQ G2220HDA at all.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 does not recognise my BenQ G2220HDA at all.: After plugging in my second monitor to my GTX1080 with DVI to VGA adapter monitor only has VGA input and GPU only DVI output WIn10 refuses to recognise my device. After trying to plug my main monitor the same way instead of HDMI it worked just fine....
  6. Win10 2004 Update killed my audio and user profile

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 2004 Update killed my audio and user profile: Hello everyone, my system automatically installed the newest windows update at 16.08.2020 with a restart. I immediately noticed that some minor changes/bugs appeared profile picture is a "pixelated placeholder" and the lock screen function does not work anymore. I could log...
  7. Windows 2004 update locked me out of my user profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 2004 update locked me out of my user profile: When logging in I've used my normal password but Windows gives me one profile (when I have two) and tells me it cannot find user profile! I don't have a password reset disc and from the early days of Win10 and numerous updates have never had this problem. HELP - where to...
  8. Windows 2004 update locked me out of my user profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 2004 update locked me out of my user profile: When logging in I've used my normal password but Windows gives me one profile (when I have two) and tells me it cannot find user profile! I don't have a password reset disc and from the early days of Win10 and numerous updates have never had this problem. HELP - where to...
  9. Win10 update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update 2004: Beim Update auf win10 2004 kommt die Fehlermeldung 0x80242016. was soll ich tun https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-update-2004/0c0cbcb0-f31f-4073-8772-5d89278bd74a
  10. user profile Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    user profile Win10: How do I repair or replace my user profile in Windows10 that was corrupted during a shutdown failure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-win10/a2f7d226-78c4-4ab6-87a4-133411eb0fd7