Windows 10: Win10 2004 Update killed my audio and user profile

Discus and support Win10 2004 Update killed my audio and user profile in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, my system automatically installed the newest windows update at 16.08.2020 with a restart. I immediately noticed that some minor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by XandusMika, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Win10 2004 Update killed my audio and user profile

Hello everyone,
    my system automatically installed the newest windows update at 16.08.2020 with a restart.
    I immediately noticed that some minor changes/bugs appeared profile picture is a "pixelated placeholder" and the lock screen function does not work anymore. I could log in my user profile but i got black screen, i tried restarting 3 times but it didnt help. So i activated with the cmd the administratore user profile and after that i could log in my normal profile.
    The problem is that i still have minor bugs with corrupted profile e.g. spotlight still does not work and i already tried other solutions from other posts and i have gotten the feeling that my complete profile is still buggy/corrupted. I tried "sfc /scannow" and it did repair sth, but i didnt notice any effect.

Furthermore i had "Voicemeter Potato" and noticed that my speaker with the 3.5mm jack didnt play anymore sound. My headset with usb did play sound. After hours of investigation i reinstalled Realtek driver 3 times but i just get sound from the jack devices when i deinstall the audio driver and do not install one. But i need a good surround driver that cant be the solution. Additionally i noticed that my device had "migration error" which i found at the device manager.

One of the worst problems is that i cant reset my windows version because i activated the admin user profile which was not activated before and now it tells me "i must first delete the additional profile before resetting the windows version".. I cant delete the admin.. I can just deactivate it which does not help.

Thanks for your hopefully incoming help, i had never problems with windows updates.. but this one killed my complete setup

Setup information:

Betriebsystemname Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
    Weitere Betriebsystembeschreibung Nicht verfügbar
    Betriebsystemhersteller Microsoft Corporation
    Systemname DESKTOP-LPIK0CK
    Systemhersteller MSI
    Systemmodell MS-7681
    Systemtyp x64-basierter PC
    System-SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
    Prozessor IntelR CoreTM i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 MHz, 4 Kerne, 8 logischer Prozessoren
    BIOS-Version/-Datum American Megatrends Inc. V4.3, 09.01.2013
    SMBIOS-Version 2.7
    Version des eingebetteten Controllers 255.255
    BIOS-Modus Vorgängerversion
    BaseBoard-Hersteller MSI
    BaseBoard-Produkt P67A-GD53 MS-7681
    BaseBoard-Version 1.0/2.0
    Plattformrolle Desktop
    Sicherer Startzustand Nicht unterstützt
    PCR7-Konfiguration Bindung nicht möglich
    Windows-Verzeichnis C:\WINDOWS
    Systemverzeichnis C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Startgerät \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Gebietsschema Deutschland
    Hardwareabstraktionsebene Version = "10.0.19041.423"
    Benutzername DESKTOP-LPIK0CK\Mikail
    Zeitzone Mitteleuropäische Sommerzeit
    Installierter physischer Speicher RAM 16,0 GB
    Gesamter physischer Speicher 16,0 GB
    Verfügbarer physischer Speicher 11,4 GB
    Gesamter virtueller Speicher 19,1 GB
    Verfügbarer virtueller Speicher 11,1 GB
    Größe der Auslagerungsdatei 3,13 GB
    Auslagerungsdatei C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel-DMA-Schutz Aus
    Virtualisierungsbasierte Sicherheit Nicht aktiviert
    Unterstützung der Geräteverschlüsselung Ursachen dafür, dass die automatische Geräteverschlüsselung nicht erfolgreich war: Das TPM ist nicht verwendbar., Die PCR7-Bindung wird nicht unterstützt., Fehler bei der Schnittstelle für Hardwaresicherheitstests. Das Gerät unterstützt kein Modern-Standby., Unzulässige DMA-fähige Busse/Geräte erkannt, Das TPM ist nicht verwendbar.
    Hyper-V - VM-Monitormoduserweiterungen Ja
    Hyper-V - SLAT-Erweiterungen Second Level Address Translation Ja
    Hyper-V - Virtualisierung in Firmware aktiviert Ja
    Hyper-V - Datenausführungsverhinderung Ja

:)

XandusMika, Aug 17, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Aug 17, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Win10 2004 Update killed my audio and user profile

New Win10 update killed my audio

Since you have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the latest driver of your audio card, we suggest you to follow the steps below to check if the speaker has been set as default in the Playback devices:

• Right-click on the speaker icon on the right bottom of the desktop.
    • Click on Playback devices to see a list of devices connected to the system.
    • If it is not listed, it is possible that the device has been disabled because of the update. Right click and select
      Show Disabled Devices.
    • If your device is listed after this, right click on the speaker and select
      enable
    • Right click on the speaker and click Set as Default option present at the bottom of the same window.

If the issue persists, you can try to roll back driver if it is available in the options. To rollback the driver, you may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.

If the Roll Back Driver is not available, you may try to install an older version of your audio driver from the Manufacturer's website. You need to uninstall first all the devices for Sound, video and game controllers under the Device Manager (HD Audio Device
    and NVIDIA Audio Device) before reinstalling the driver.

Let us know the status of the issue so we can assist you more.

Eric Ber, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Win10 2004 Update killed my audio and user profile

1. Win10 2004 Update killed my audio and user profile - Similar Threads - Win10 2004 Update

2. Cummilative Update Killed My Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cummilative Update Killed My Audio: On 4/29/23 I was using my Zenbook Pro Duo-i9 Windows11 for video editing and everything was perfectly fine.The following day 4/30/23 I went to use my Zenbook Pro Duo again but performed a cummilative update. After that I lost audio from the internal speakers. If I plug in...
  3. Cummilative Update Killed My Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cummilative Update Killed My Audio: On 4/29/23 I was using my Zenbook Pro Duo-i9 Windows11 for video editing and everything was perfectly fine.The following day 4/30/23 I went to use my Zenbook Pro Duo again but performed a cummilative update. After that I lost audio from the internal speakers. If I plug in...
  4. latest update killed my audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    latest update killed my audio: [ATTACH] just updated my pc the my audio got lost i have tried almost every solution realtek audio its not showing up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/latest-update-killed-my-audio/e7c3e052-4edc-49c6-b4b6-020e98f0946b
  5. 2004 damaging user profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 damaging user profile: So, I really need some help. My computer has tried twice in the last couple of months to apply the 2004 update. Both times when it finishes installing it comes back to tell me that I can’t login. I’ve tried all of the suggestions out there about deleting the temporary profile...
  6. Win10 2004 update does not recognise my user profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 2004 update does not recognise my user profile: I have two profiles, one not recognised and one not shown. Cannot login! What to do to access my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-2004-update-does-not-recognise-my-user/f52a3d45-5d75-435b-a835-31b3854112cf
  7. June 2020 Win10 Update Killing Audio

June 2020 Win10 Update Killing Audio: Hi. Ive updated Win10 with the June KB4560960 Windows update and associated Windows feature enablement update KB4517245, twice and both times it kills my audio. In Sound Settings, audio output is still picking up sounds but nothing's coming through my Sound Blaster ZxR...
  8. Win10 update kills my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update kills my laptop: After a recent update, the laptop went back to the last app before the update, but could not open any other app except the file directory. Subsequently this app also disappeared and only the file app was functioning. On seeing only the C directory using the file app, I...
  9. user profile Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    user profile Win10: How do I repair or replace my user profile in Windows10 that was corrupted during a shutdown failure? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-profile-win10/a2f7d226-78c4-4ab6-87a4-133411eb0fd7
  10. Windows Updates killed my Audio

Windows Updates killed my Audio: I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at all, but music, gunshots, crashes or anything like that is loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and I have neighbors over...