Windows 10: Win10 2016 LTSB "Access Denied" for "NET" command line (and batch files)

Discus and support Win10 2016 LTSB "Access Denied" for "NET" command line (and batch files) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To fix "System Error 5" & "Access Denied" result when running the "net" utility from a command line or batch file, I needed to modify the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JakesWrites, May 1, 2019.

1. Win10 2016 LTSB "Access Denied" for "NET" command line (and batch files)

To fix "System Error 5" & "Access Denied" result when running the "net" utility from a command line or batch file, I needed to modify the following "User Account Control:" settings in Group Policy (type "Group Policy" at start menu to edit it):

Win10 2016 LTSB "Access Denied" for "NET" command line (and batch files) f7bcacea-ac37-4345-b90d-f4d6aa75aeab?upload=true.png

I'm not sure which one did the trick, but I though this might be useful to someone....took me a while to fix.

:)

JakesWrites, May 1, 2019
  2. PeteSHP Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Can't send screen shot. Entering Command prompt(admin) get "Do you want this app..." box with NO as the only choice. I have tried everything I've found on the net to enable the built in administrative account to no avail. Running Win10 OS build: 16299.125.
    HELP!

PeteSHP, May 1, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 1, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Win10 2016 LTSB "Access Denied" for "NET" command line (and batch files)

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Win10 2016 LTSB "Access Denied" for "NET" command line (and batch files) :)

Naki, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Win10 2016 LTSB "Access Denied" for "NET" command line (and batch files)

1. Win10 2016 LTSB "Access Denied" for "NET" command line (and batch files) - Similar Threads - Win10 2016 LTSB

2. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  3. Batch File Command???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Batch File Command???: I want to run a batch file that starts a backup program, but does not execute the next command until that program completes? How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/batch-file-command/3af2ce6b-ace3-43cb-b6fb-5cbff8998736
  4. Access denied for every batch job

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access denied for every batch job: Even if the batch job only contains an echo hello and a pause. Of course if I run it as administrator it works, but for some of my apps this option is not available. None of my IDEs work, Arduino, Eclipse, or VScode. In particular, with VScode, the batch file in question is...
  5. can a command line action as batch file

in Windows 10 Support
    can a command line action as batch file: I have a run a action on one of my programs to disable it (when required) quite regularly from an elevated cmd prompt... Can it be made into a bath file (.bat) and executed as and when required? 174187
  6. Win10 Pro & Enterprise to Win10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB File Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Pro & Enterprise to Win10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB File Share: So I found a strange file sharing behavior (sharing set to password protected sharing), point to point network shown as public network on both platforms, where a login screen for PC using windows explorer will not spawn and using TCP\IP as address, ex. "\\192.168.3.7" in...
  7. Batch command to include random line from file?

in Windows 10 Support
    Batch command to include random line from file?: Hello, i was wondering if i can include random line from file into a Windows 10 batch script command. Command is: wmic computersystem where name="%COMPUTERNAME%" call rename name="Computer%RANDOM%" and instead of "Computer%RANDOM%" i would like to input random line from...
  8. Win10 Ent 2016 LTSB v1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Ent 2016 LTSB v1607: KB4516061 caused an issue last week with printing (specifically with HP Laserjet M118dw) at multiple locations. Uninstalled and problem went away. Now KB4524152 appears to have caused the same issue again. First error "Function Discovery Print Provider DLL has stopping...
  9. [Question] Delete files with denied access with batch scripts

in Windows 10 Support
    [Question] Delete files with denied access with batch scripts: Ciao, dopo anni ho iniziato a lavorare con script batch di nuovo, ma non riesco a eliminare un file nella directory principale "C", (usando W10 ultima release), questo è lo script che mi d "accesso negato". [code] @echo off cls del "C: \ SYSTAG.BIN" / A / F / Q / S...
  10. Need to create batch file for "net share" command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to create batch file for "net share" command: I created a simple command from powershell that maps a drive for me using the "net share" command (see below). However, i want to turn this in to a batch file so I do not have to type it every time. When I name it filename.bat and try to run it, I get a system error 5 has...