Windows 10: Win10 21H1 is causing screen flickering

Discus and support Win10 21H1 is causing screen flickering in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So after talking to a friend, I've come to find out that the screen flickering I've been suffering from has been caused by the recent Win10 update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Phasferous, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Win10 21H1 is causing screen flickering

So after talking to a friend, I've come to find out that the screen flickering I've been suffering from has been caused by the recent Win10 update called 21H1. At first I thought it was a hardware issue but after talking to my friend who is on entirely different hardware (Intel & Nvidia) from myself (AMD), yet we both have the same exactly screen flickering problem.

It's random (no pattern), but frequent enough that it's a serious problem. For me it happens the most during streaming.

Has anyone else had this problem? I hope to god that others have, because this is a system wide problem that MS really needs to fix.

submitted by /u/Phasferous
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Phasferous, Mar 24, 2021

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Win10 21H1 is causing screen flickering

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Win10 21H1 is causing screen flickering

1. Win10 21H1 is causing screen flickering - Similar Threads - Win10 21H1 causing

2. G9 laptop causing screen to flicker.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    G9 laptop causing screen to flicker.: Hi,We've got several G9 laptops that cause the TV screens to continually flicker when connected. We've noticed changing the refresh rate resolves this issue, is it possible to change the registry key to have it auto set all new connected screens to 60+ Hz? Instead of having...
  3. G9 laptop causing screen to flicker.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    G9 laptop causing screen to flicker.: Hi,We've got several G9 laptops that cause the TV screens to continually flicker when connected. We've noticed changing the refresh rate resolves this issue, is it possible to change the registry key to have it auto set all new connected screens to 60+ Hz? Instead of having...
  4. G9 laptop causing screen to flicker.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win10 21H1 update 0x80073701

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 21H1 update 0x80073701: The update will sits for 20 minutes then hangs for a long time then receive this error code 0x80073701. I have plenty of updates in this machine and I want to make it done today. Before I have a desktop with the same issue but I have MS technician that resolves it via remote...
  6. Win10 21H1 update 0x80073701

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 21H1 update 0x80073701: The update will sits for 20 minutes then hangs for a long time then receive this error code 0x80073701. I have plenty of updates in this machine and I want to make it done today. Before I have a desktop with the same issue but I have MS technician that resolves it via remote...
  7. Win10 1809 upgrade to Win10 21H1

Win10 1809 upgrade to Win10 21H1: Hello,I just wanted to confirm can we upgrade directly from Win10 1809 to Win10 21H1.I am unable to find any document for the same. It will be great if anyone can provide links.Thank you....
  8. 20H2 update causes white flickering screen

20H2 update causes white flickering screen: I have installed 20H2 three times. Each time Edge comes up with setup directions. Behind is a white flickering screen which is unresponsive - even the start button and task bar are unresponsive. I have to ctrl+alt+del to sign out & reboot in safe mode to run the...
  9. Windows problem reporting causing black screen flickers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows problem reporting causing black screen flickers?: A couple days ago I started getting black screen flickers that wouldn't stop until I restarted my pc and would come back a couple hours later causing me to have to restart the pc again to fix it and having to continue that process. I thought it was my graphics drivers at...
  10. what causes screen flicker?

in Windows 10 Customization
    what causes screen flicker?: what causes screen flicker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/what-causes-screen-flicker/8a14c746-99dd-4b49-b453-e2baeff30b4b