Windows 10: Win10 22H2 external display black screen via USB-C hub to HDMI

Discus and support Win10 22H2 external display black screen via USB-C hub to HDMI in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all,I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen but I think it does not matter for this bug. With Win10 22H2, when I connect it via a USB-C hub to an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by .Name, Dec 5, 2022.

1. .Name Win User

Win10 22H2 external display black screen via USB-C hub to HDMI

Hello all,I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen but I think it does not matter for this bug. With Win10 22H2, when I connect it via a USB-C hub to an external monitor that is plugged into the hub via HDMI, I get only a black screen. Windows is still recognizing the manufacturer of the monitor as well as the correct display resolution.I uninstalled the 22H2 feature update patch KB5015684 and voila, with Win10 21H2 Build 19044.2251 it is working perfectly.Anyone else having this problem?I found some threads on the interwebs that indicate I am not alone, but the bug was not reported for the ins

:)

.Name, Dec 5, 2022

2. usb-c hub and video display

My USB-C HUB no longer displays video. The monitor is recognized I can move file and programs on the monitors but there is no vidio display (used HDMI, DP and vga connetions on the USB-C HUB. This occured after the July Windows 11 update. Any suggestions?

George_820PA, Dec 5, 2022
  3. Second External Display Sporadically Failing to Display

Hi,

I have come across a weird glitch that I am curious to know if any others have had this happen. There are multiple factors at play and I can't seem to deduce which is causing this weird glitch and if there is another way to fix it than the work around I have found.

My users at my organization sporadically have problems with their second external monitor failing to display. When this has happened, there have been no changes to my user's devices from the last time they logged in. My users exclusively use Lenovo laptops/workstations and have a USB-C hub that grants extra HDMI outlets in order to connect additional displays. Our organization also uses GCPW (Google Credential Provider for Windows) that we use to login to our laptops/workstations. The monitor that is plugged directly into the laptop's HDMI port always displays, but the HDMI in the USB-C fails to display (as well as anything else attached to the USB-C) hub. I have troubleshot this with many steps including:

• Rebooting the device
    • Unplugging all HDMI's and USB-C hubs from the device and reinserting them
    • Updating display drivers/USB-C drivers
    • Switching which USB-C port the hub is inserted in
    The only thing I have done that seems to fix this is by logging into a separate user account on the laptop/workstation. As soon as that is done, the second monitor displays and then I can go back to the original account and everything is fine with the displays. This is just so weird and I can't figure out if it's a Windows 10 glitch, GCPW, or the USB-C hub itself. Anyone else out there experience this? Any known solutions?

Cassandra Whitman, Dec 5, 2022
  4. frank10 Win User

lighter gray level on tabs and overlay mouseover, USB-C hub with HDMI

I don't know exactly how to name the problem. But I have a Surface Pro 7 and I connect it to a Panasonic TV with HDMI using USB-C HUB with HDMI out.
    I have 2 hubs.
    One is correctly displaying, the other not so well.
    The problem is for example when you are on Amazon with autosuggestions menu, you put the mouse over a line and it gets overlayed with a medium grey. Here instead the grey is too much lighter, quite invisible!
    Also it's difficult to distinguish current tab into VS Code prog, as they seem quite all the same grey color.
    Instead with the other hub all is very distinguishable.
    I tried to take a screenshot with the smartphone to show the difference

Win10 22H2 external display black screen via USB-C hub to HDMI [​IMG]

Which screen settings should I change?

TIA

W10 version 1903 (build SO 18362.959)

frank10, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

1. Win10 22H2 external display black screen via USB-C hub to HDMI - Similar Threads - Win10 22H2 external

2. Why does external displays connected via USB C hub only works with the first USB C port the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does external displays connected via USB C hub only works with the first USB C port the...: I have a Dell Latitude 7420 laptop running latest Windows 11 from my company IT, which has 2 ports of USB type C and I use it to work both from home and office, where I also have several work stations I can connect my laptop to.Wherever I'm working from, I always connect my...
  3. Why does external displays connected via USB C hub only works with the first USB C port the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does external displays connected via USB C hub only works with the first USB C port the...: I have a Dell Latitude 7420 laptop running latest Windows 11 from my company IT, which has 2 ports of USB type C and I use it to work both from home and office, where I also have several work stations I can connect my laptop to.Wherever I'm working from, I always connect my...
  4. Win10 22H2 external display black screen via USB-C hub to HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 22H2 external display black screen via USB-C hub to HDMI: Hello all,I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen but I think it does not matter for this bug. With Win10 22H2, when I connect it via a USB-C hub to an external monitor that is plugged into the hub via HDMI, I get only a black screen. Windows is still recognizing the manufacturer...
  5. Win10 22H2 external display black screen via USB-C hub to HDMI

Win10 22H2 external display black screen via USB-C hub to HDMI: Hello all,I have a Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Gen but I think it does not matter for this bug. With Win10 22H2, when I connect it via a USB-C hub to an external monitor that is plugged into the hub via HDMI, I get only a black screen. Windows is still recognizing the manufacturer...
  6. USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely

USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely: Hi everyoneI switched USB-C hubs because i kept having audio issues. The old one was a cheap Ali-Express one anyways. So i plugged the new one in, installed the SiliconMotion Driver as instructed and both monitors turned on. HOWEVER! The right screen Philips is completely...
  7. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  8. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  9. Second monitor via USB-C hub HDMI stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor via USB-C hub HDMI stopped working: Hi, I have a Dell 7280 and an external monitor also Dell. I have a USB-C hub, which has HDMI port and USB 3.0 ports. I connect the hub to USB-C/thunderbolt port then connect the monitor using HDMI port. Then I can set the PC Win-P to use only second screen only. Each...
  10. USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working: Hi i own a asus g552vw laptop and got an USB-c, USB hub that has a HDMI port i have a Samsung TV using the laptops built in HDMI port as my main and my laptops screen as a second one. When i connect the USB hub and then use the HDMI port all i get on the lg TV is no signal...