Windows 10: win10 64..second drive

Discus and support win10 64..second drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just got 2 HP590s with win10-1803. They provide a second sata port and in previous PCs I installed 2 SSD-cloned to second drive-set up EasyBCD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Burris, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Burris Win User

win10 64..second drive

I just got 2 HP590s with win10-1803.
    They provide a second sata port and in previous PCs I installed 2 SSD-cloned to second drive-set up EasyBCD and could dual boot with no problem.
    Now they have UEFI and I can only boot from the second drive if I disconnect the other.
    I also see in BCD that entry #1 is listed as Windows Boot Manager. The other 2 drives are listed OK with drive letters.

If I switch both drives to legacy boot, will my dual boot begin to function as in the past.
    I never had a virus problem with legacy before but the secure boot says only it is safe.

I spent a lot of time with HP support on this but received scripted answers that made no sense.

Thanks for any help..

:)

Burris, Dec 3, 2018

2. Make second drive bootable

Thanks guys. The first drive is actually now in another computer. I was trying to cheat to make the drive that was the second drive bootable. I downloaded Partition Wizard Bootable CD and was able to make it the primary drive, but that still didn't work since it had installed BOOTMGR on the first drive. Secondly, I'm short one DVD drive ATM. I'll have a new DVD drive here on Friday and then I will try newtekie's suggestion, mostly out of curiosity. It has 32 bit on it now and I'm going to give 64 bit a try. Anyone have the RC1 64 bit ISO?

thebluebumblebee, Dec 3, 2018
  3. trt740 Win User
    Post your source for the best Stepping for Amd 64's and Optys

Post your Stepping and o/c for Amd 64's Am2 /939 and Optys

can anyone point me in the direction of a good site which lists stepping codes for which cpu's over clock the best

trt740, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Imposter Win User

win10 64..second drive

Dual Boot Win10 64 bit and Win10 32 bit

When I originally installed Win10 I installed the 32 bit version. I have a blank drive, and would like to install the 64 bit version on that, creating a dual boot system.

What are the steps I need to follow? I'm reasonably intelligent but not tech savvy.

Imposter, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

win10 64..second drive

1. win10 64..second drive - Similar Threads - win10 second drive

2. Win10: second hard drive missing after wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10: second hard drive missing after wake up: Hi,sometimes when I have set my Win10-PC to sleep mode and then wake it up, one of my 2 hard drives is not available. Explorer only shows the drives on the first hard drive.The second hard drive only is available after a reboot.Is it possible to wake up the second drive...
  3. Win10 64 bit Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 64 bit Pro: System says I have V1803. My computer has had no internet for couple of years. Today I hooked up to internet and tried to upgrade to V1909. Several hours later while 94% into upgrade INSTALL, I get a message saying unable to continue, system reboots and uninstalls what had...
  4. 32bit to 64 bit win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    32bit to 64 bit win10: I have a big problem , I had before 64 bit Win 10 ( with program file x 86 ) and now I have 32 bit win10 ( without program file x86) What should I do? submitted by /u/ritamagarian123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjf290/32bit_to_64_bit_win10/
  5. Win10 32 bit to 64 bit?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 32 bit to 64 bit?: I have a 32bit version of Windows 10 Home on a Tower PC. It is a self build that had an OEM version of Windows 7 initially that was subsequently ungraded to Windows 10. Its has a Quad Core Phenom processor and still has plenty of Ummph for what I need but I would like to...
  6. Win10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 64 bit: I have an HP laptop that came with win 10 (64 bit) preinstalled. I am not a fan of 10. I installed win 7 64 bit. 7 will not update due to an unsupported device warning. My question is if I format the drive and install 7 (yes I know it is about done) will I keep getting the...
  7. win10 64..second drive

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 64..second drive: I just got 2 HP590s with win10-1803. They provide a second sata port and in previous PCs I installed 2 SSD-cloned to second drive-set up EasyBCD and could dual boot with no problem. Now they have UEFI and I can only boot from the second drive if I disconnect the other. I also...
  8. dosbox for Win10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dosbox for Win10 64 bit: I am just starting to use Dosbox and need some info. When I want to change to a path like d:\ or any other drive I cannot get the \ to show up. It comes back with the ] character, have yet to get the \ one to show? All the rest of the characters show. Why will it not show?...
  9. Power problems win10 64

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power problems win10 64: Win10 64 is about as good as Vista in general- terrible for most things, most of the time. The particular problems I'm experiencing at home are: - After waking from sleep, one or 2 of 4 of my HDDs are not shown and I have to reset computer to see them. - My two Logitech...
  10. Freezing Glitch Win10 64

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezing Glitch Win10 64: Hello Win10 Forums, I am getting this problem where my screen is freezing every 1.5 seconds, for a second. And there are white zig-zag glitchy lines on the top of my screen. Can anyone please help me? 48155