Windows 10: Win10/64 updated, now cannot receive email in one account; web pages in Mozilla display...

Discus and support Win10/64 updated, now cannot receive email in one account; web pages in Mozilla display... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After update, which happened without my agreeing to it, about 12 days ago I found neither Thunderbird nor Firefox Quantum was functioning. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WestofyouLB, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Win10/64 updated, now cannot receive email in one account; web pages in Mozilla display...

After update, which happened without my agreeing to it, about 12 days ago I found neither Thunderbird nor Firefox Quantum was functioning.

In Thunderbird, one of my accounts will not obtain new emails. My phone receives them.

In Firefox, much of the text does not appear on almost all pages, and links do not appear at all, although if I should happen to randomly find one the cursor will change to active (glove) and I can clock on the link, although I have no way of knowing ahead of time what they are.

Since updating, when I click on a desktop link I get an announcement on the right side, something about saving what I did for use in the next game.

I finally decided I had to go back to my previous version, but apparently MS puts a limit on how much time I have to do that. Would have been nice to know that ahead of time.

So do I have any options anyone has already sorted out?

Thanks.

:)

WestofyouLB, Jul 20, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 20, 2019
  3. webJockey Win User
    email account hacked. please help

Thanks MailMan78. Just did what BarbaricSoul said but I am still receiving spam from my own account, don't know what to do. I have contacted yahoo about issue and to restore my emails. Also now yahoo offers "Step two verification"

webJockey, Jul 20, 2019
  4. MT Alex Win User

Win10/64 updated, now cannot receive email in one account; web pages in Mozilla display...

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

Embarrassingly, everyone on my email list received spam originating from my account, which is Yahoo based. A scan with MSE found two trojans, a Java/Rowindal.A and a Downloader:Java/OpenStream.W.

Are these the source of my unwanted email traffic? Would someone opening this email be infected with the same problems? Could there be more dangerous underlying threats.

Hell, I have quite a few high dollar clients in my list. I always treat people's addresses like they were unlisted numbers, and don't send frivolous "Hey how are ya" junk. This is mortifying.*Eek! Win10/64 updated, now cannot receive email in one account; web pages in Mozilla display... :eek:

MT Alex, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Win10/64 updated, now cannot receive email in one account; web pages in Mozilla display...

1. Win10/64 updated, now cannot receive email in one account; web pages in Mozilla display... - Similar Threads - Win10 updated cannot

2. Cannot receive emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot receive emails: I cannot receive emails from my Outlook....some emails come through, but others do not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-receive-emails/065dba14-6969-4acd-9a85-abfe99b9be0c
  3. cannot receive emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot receive emails: cannot receive emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-receive-emails/dff9e13e-6608-444f-b0bf-ce80d51e1d1e
  4. MHT file now displays text instead of web page

in Browsers and Email
    MHT file now displays text instead of web page: I made a change to the file association for MHT from Edge to Firefox. That didn't work, so I reset the association back to EDGE, and then I rebooted my system. Even so, when I tried to open a Google page that was MHT coded, here is what EDGE displayed. How do I fix this...
  5. Cannot receive emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot receive emails: All of a sudden, in the past few days I cannot open my emails on my PC although I can on my phone! I can access the email page and the 'loading' icon appears but never opens my new mail which incidentally is btmail. When I try to access sent mail a message appears 'no...
  6. Cannot receive emails

Cannot receive emails: Cannot receive email in my verizon email account. Lost the internet one day and everything was lost in my verizon email account and now cannot receive emails in my verizon email account....
  7. Cannot receive or send emails from one of my email accounts. *** Email address is removed...

Cannot receive or send emails from one of my email accounts. *** Email address is removed...: keep getting message that my sbcglobal settings are out of date. This is only happening on my PC with windows 10. My cell phone and Ipad work OK for this account. Also, will not accept my password or allow password change....
  8. Hotmail account cannot send emails, only receiving on Windows 10 and web

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotmail account cannot send emails, only receiving on Windows 10 and web: Having a huge issue for a while, I can receive Hotmail/Live mails, but not send on Windows 10 - tried resetting the Mail application, did not work. Tried to update the settings manually in Mail application, did not work. Can someone reconfirm the entries please....
  9. Email links on Web pages

in Browsers and Email
    Email links on Web pages: Hi Group When trying to use email links on web pages, The links dont open. I can see the email address in the status bar and it is correct. I dont get the choice of which program on my system to open a new message with. There must be a place on my system where I can set that...
  10. Win10 not loading web-pages

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 not loading web-pages: Hello Win10 Forums! Today I have installed Win10 Pro edition and I'm currently trying it out. I have encountered this massive problem: Some web pages do not load! Some pages are completely fine (this one, facebook, stackoverflow, few other forums I visit...), but some...