Windows 10: Win10 64x could not install nvidia geforce drivers, run event viewer or most any other tasks

Discus and support Win10 64x could not install nvidia geforce drivers, run event viewer or most any other tasks in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I spent about 4 hours today updating 1 pc, shut it down after everything was done. Start another win10 pc, nothing working properly. Failed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kjl1956, Sep 20, 2018.

1. kjl1956 Win User

Win10 64x could not install nvidia geforce drivers, run event viewer or most any other tasks

I spent about 4 hours today updating 1 pc, shut it down after everything was done.

Start another win10 pc, nothing working properly.

Failed to install latest nvidia geforce drivers from download, failed to run event viewer, pc running

slow.

What I do notice is on every cold boot, windows security center usually has an yellow asterisk over it,

but today it had the ok asterisk.

I have had ongoing issue with wss and my installed antivirus program identifying that it is installed and up to date.

I tried the nvidia geforce installer again, but failed a second time, but everything from the last geforce driver install was removed.

:)

kjl1956, Sep 20, 2018
  2. Oskar Lyr Win User

After I installed Win10 the Nvidia Geforce GT 650M card won't run anymore

Original Title: Optimus and Windows 10 (Nvidia & Intel)

I have just upgraded to Windows 10.

I have a Nvidia Geforce GT 650M

I also have an Intel HD 4000

After I installed Win10 the Geforce card won't run anymore and when I disable the Intel card in device manager games won't run and the "GPU State Viewer" tells me Nvidia is OFF. The only solution is to play with the Intel card atm, but there must be a fix?!
    I've tried to reinstall the drivers (tried an old 350.12, and the newest). Uninstalled in safemode with DDU, Installed the latest Intel drivers, I've been to the Nvidia Control Panel and switched 3D graphics and Physx to Nvidia as prefered engine.

It's like I don't have a Geforce card at all. These problems occured when I installed Windows 10 and I've seen alot of people having the same problem, and even some fixed it but those fixes won't do it on my computer.

Anyone can shed some light on this situation? Is going back to Windows 8 and waiting for proper drivers the only solution?

Thanks!

Oskar Lyr, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Geethu B Win User
    NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE — 0x800f0102

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with installing
    NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Windows Update settings.

2. Corrupt Windows Update components.

To understand the issue better let me know, from where you are installing NVIDIA driver update? Is it through Windows Update or through manufacturer website?

If you are installing NVIDIA driver update through Windows Update follow these steps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run “Windows Update troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue.

a. Press Windows key from the keyboard.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Then select “Windows Update” option from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps under the section
    Manually reset Windows Update components and check if it helps.
    Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/en-us

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. Please avoid running Fixit’s and Step 11 in this article, as it does not applies to Windows 10.

3. This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the
    Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest driver for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE from manufacturer website. I see that there are no Windows 10 drivers available for you graphics card model. You may install latest graphics driver in
    compatibility mode and check if it helps.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

To install graphics driver in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Right-click on the setup file of the
    graphics driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Win10 64x could not install nvidia geforce drivers, run event viewer or most any other tasks

Windows 10 - Nvidia GeForce - Update needed but Program doesn't open (Nvidia GeForce Experience)

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• What is the error code or error message?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia GeForce graphic card
    driver from the manufacturer website and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X key and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Display Adaptor” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Display Adaptor” and click on “uninstall" the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Win10 64x could not install nvidia geforce drivers, run event viewer or most any other tasks

1. Win10 64x could not install nvidia geforce drivers, run event viewer or most any other tasks - Similar Threads - Win10 64x install

2. Can't install nvidia geforce driver in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install nvidia geforce driver in windows 10: Hi EveryoneI was trying to update my Nvidia Geforce driver, but i unable to update. So i tried to uninstall the driver and download the new version of the driver. however i able to download the driver but i tried to run the installer the driver, the loading of the installer...
  3. Can't install nvidia geforce driver in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install nvidia geforce driver in windows 10: Hi EveryoneI was trying to update my Nvidia Geforce driver, but i unable to update. So i tried to uninstall the driver and download the new version of the driver. however i able to download the driver but i tried to run the installer the driver, the loading of the installer...
  4. Can't install nvidia geforce driver in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't Install nVidia Windows 11 Geforce Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install nVidia Windows 11 Geforce Driver: Hi,I have discovered that my nVidia driver is missing since upgrading to Win11, so I attempted to download the latest from nVidia Experience only to be told that the latest version, which is reported by them to be compatible with Win11, is not compatible.I've attempted to use...
  6. Can't Install nVidia Windows 11 Geforce Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Install nVidia Windows 11 Geforce Driver: Hi,I have discovered that my nVidia driver is missing since upgrading to Win11, so I attempted to download the latest from nVidia Experience only to be told that the latest version, which is reported by them to be compatible with Win11, is not compatible.I've attempted to use...
  7. Event viewer not running

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event viewer not running: Hi everyone, I've run into the following issue, my event viewer will no longer run as I receive the following error [ATTACH] I've tried the fix of running the commands below, but both did not do the trick: Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth sfc /scannow...
  8. Nvidia driver and Geforce experience cannot be installed

Nvidia driver and Geforce experience cannot be installed: i cant install geforce experience it gives me an error i tried every troubleshoot method none worked and i cant install the driver manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-driver-and-geforce-experience-cannot-be/8ea89ed7-5f87-4162-b373-a371a91574eb
  9. Cant install nvidia drivers and open nvidia geforce experience anymore !

Cant install nvidia drivers and open nvidia geforce experience anymore !: Hello , yesterday i was notified by geforce experience about a new driver , and i decided to install it , it failed many times , and after a restart on my pc , i was not even able to open nvidia gefroce experience , even with admin rights , it gave me an error like this -...
  10. Alternative driver to Nvidia GeForce

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Alternative driver to Nvidia GeForce: I have a Sony Vaio using a Nvidia GeForce 310M graphics driver. I run Windows 7. It is not compatible with Windows 10 and I can't upgrade. Sony are going to take forever to update the Windows 8 drivers so I'm not holding my breath for an early update on Windows 7 (if at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. could not install nvidia graphics card driver win10