Windows 10: Win10 activation fail

Discus and support Win10 activation fail in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I rebuilt my PC and had to purchase new Windows. Using the media tool I downloaded Win 10 Pro as that is what I had before but purchased the Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Craig57CN, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Craig57CN Win User

Win10 activation fail

I rebuilt my PC and had to purchase new Windows. Using the media tool I downloaded Win 10 Pro as that is what I had before but purchased the Win 10 Home due to costs. Now the activation key does not work. Do I need to just reload Win 10 Home? Thanks

:)

Craig57CN, Jul 29, 2021
  2. wishihad Win User

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone Win10 activation fail :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Gib G Win User

Win10 activation fail

Update issues with Win10 Version 1909

Hi.

Tried all the steps listed and result afterwards is the same. Still fails and uninstalls the update. Any other suggestions?

Gib

Gib G, Jul 29, 2021
Thema:

Win10 activation fail

1. Win10 activation fail - Similar Threads - Win10 activation fail

2. activation win10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activation win10: I just replaced my motherboard and now my Windows is not activated. It is embedded in my MS account and it should not be activated. Can somebody explain to me why and how to activate it?...
  3. Activating Win10

Activating Win10: I bought and paid for Win10 Pro software license that I've been running on a Dell OptiPlex 7010 installed on an SSD drive utilizing BIO's. I bought a computer from a private party with an MSI B460 PRO MB, it has a 1 Tb NVMe M.2 SSD drive utilizing UEFI, he was running Win10...
  4. Activating Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Win10: I bought and paid for Win10 Pro software license that I've been running on a Dell OptiPlex 7010 installed on an SSD drive utilizing BIO's. I bought a computer from a private party with an MSI B460 PRO MB, it has a 1 Tb NVMe M.2 SSD drive utilizing UEFI, he was running Win10...
  5. Activating Win10

6. Activating Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. win10 activation

win10 activation: win10 activated many, many years ago... linked to uSoft account. replaced a HDD that seems to be failing. A quick clone and i'm up and running again. sign in to uSoft account and win10 won't reactivate. Isn't this the point of having the link to uSoft account instead of...
  8. Win10 is not active

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 is not active: So I bought this PC ( i choose the parts but let the shop handle the putting it together and installing it ) after 6 months now it telling me win10 is not active for some reason here's what it shows me https://imgur.com/4TnXex5 ty for any help submitted by...
  9. Win10 Activation

Win10 Activation: Why must I constantly reactivate my Win10? It has been working fine for the past couple years, not it's requesting reactivation almost daily. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-activation/9d7f2064-4473-4e82-8ef5-fc138937571d"
  10. Activate Win10

Activate Win10: After an update recently I got a message to activate Win10. It had been activated for all the time I have owned this computer,. When I go out to try activating to get rid of the message i get the following: I have a personal computer at home, I do not have an activation...