Windows 10: Win10 Admin PIN not working

Discus and support Win10 Admin PIN not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have sole admin access to a desktop with three other users. My pin has stopped working The other users see the following under the login box... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ELC41, Aug 12, 2019.

1. ELC41 Win User

Win10 Admin PIN not working

Hi

I have sole admin access to a desktop with three other users.

My pin has stopped working

The other users see the following under the login box

"I forgot my PIN

Sign-in options"

I don't have any options under the login box

If I use my pin the following appears under login box

"Password hint: Keyboard

Reset password"

The reset password options requires a "password reset key" which is no help

Is there a simple solution

Thanks

Evan

:)

ELC41, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Kim Tiw Win User

Windows pin not working after restart

Hi Bhaumik,

The possible cause of this issue is corruption of files or it could be missing registry settings. To address your concern, we suggest you to follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer and browse to this location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
    • Delete everything within that folder
    • Go to Settings > Accounts >Sign-in Options, click Add a PIN again and set your PIN
    • PIN sign in should work going forward

Let us know how it works.

Kim Tiw, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 Admin PIN not working - Similar Threads - Win10 Admin PIN

2. Correct admin password and pin not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Correct admin password and pin not working: Hello, Today I tried to log into my Admin account on my PC but 1. The pin prompt shows as unavailable and 2. The password I enter does not work, even though it is 100% correct. I tried changing it from my windows account settings, but it still happens. I am able to log into...
  3. Correct admin password and pin not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct admin password and pin not working: Hello, Today I tried to log into my Admin account on my PC but 1. The pin prompt shows as unavailable and 2. The password I enter does not work, even though it is 100% correct. I tried changing it from my windows account settings, but it still happens. I am able to log into...
  4. Correct admin password and pin not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Correct admin password and pin not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Admin Access Pin not working.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Admin Access Pin not working.: I tried to clear Disk space by using the 'Disk Clean-Up' option. It prompted me to enter the admin pin, and when I did, I was greeted with an 'error 0x8007139f' which when searched up only links to log-ins. I have tried the various fixes such as restarting but nothing seems...
  7. Admin Rights on Win10 Issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Admin Rights on Win10 Issue: So I went to a clients computer today and she cannot do anything as the admin. She is unable to run any downloaded exe file or run anything as administrator. Anytime I launch an exe or even try to run say a command prompt as admin, I get a prompt for an admin password. Her...
  8. Admin Rights on Win10 Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Admin Rights on Win10 Issue: So I went to a clients computer today and she cannot do anything as the admin. She is unable to run any downloaded exe file or run anything as administrator. Anytime I launch an exe or even try to run say a command prompt as admin, I get a prompt for an admin password. Her...
  9. Win10 Admin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Admin: Problem. Win10. Trying to delete a file, i'm signed in and it tells me i'm an Admin. However when I try to delete, it says I need permission from admin? under my profile it shows me as Admin. At one point I used to get a pop up box asking for the admin password, that...
  10. Admin Pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Admin Pin: When I had my computer set up years ago an admin pin and password was put in place. I don't know what the pin is but I know the password. when I load new software the computer asks for pin which I don't have. it then asks for the password which gets me in. Now it is telling...