Windows 10: win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor

Discus and support win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; gigabyte H81M-WW, intel i7 -4770 3.40 GHZ win10 update 1809 installed working ok. direct x 12 is seen with dxdiag command. screen shot attached. with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ppm123, Jul 2, 2019.

1. ppm123 Win User

win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor

gigabyte H81M-WW, intel i7 -4770 3.40 GHZ
    win10 update 1809 installed working ok. direct x 12 is seen with dxdiag command. screen shot attached.

with update 1903 --up to lock screen ok. but on login --only black screen with cursor and on left hand top corner --personalized setting is seen in the display--
    and then nothing happens screen remains black.
    had to use system image to restore pc back to update 1809 stage
    with the specs seen in the attachment , i wish to know - if my specs are inadequate for 1903 or there is some problem with the update and i should wait for some time to get same improved.

:)

ppm123, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 2, 2019
  3. RG_4083 Win User
    Black screen with cursor on screen after few days from upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

Original Title: Issue with black screen with cursor after win7 upgraded to win10

Post upgrade from win7 to win10 it worked fine for few days but recently I am facing a problem with black screen appearing after entering the password, only cursor is visible. I did below steps suggested on Internet

1. hit ctrl+Alt+del

2. start a new task from task manager

3. Hit explorer.exe

However this fails saying a feature for windows 10 need to be installed call NTVDM. It tries to install and fails with error . Can somebody suggest me a solution to this?

RG_4083, Jul 2, 2019
  4. win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor

Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor

1. win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor - Similar Threads - win10 update 1903

2. Black screen with cursor on startup after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor on startup after updating: Whenever I do this update and restart, the screen is just black with my cursor I can open task manager, RUN, cmd, Powershell but I cannot see the screen. I tried all the solutions I found online like Restarting file explorer,SFC/scannow, the DISM command i forgot the name,...
  3. Black screen with cursor on startup after updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor on startup after updating: Whenever I do this update and restart, the screen is just black with my cursor I can open task manager, RUN, cmd, Powershell but I cannot see the screen. I tried all the solutions I found online like Restarting file explorer,SFC/scannow, the DISM command i forgot the name,...
  4. Black Screen with cursor after update installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with cursor after update installing: I'm not asking for my self. My Windows 10 Laptop is working fine. I'm asking this question for my Friend. My friend recently update the windows 10 version. The Windows update stucked at 15% . I don't know what he exactly did. He Said, "I forcefully shut down the Laptop and...
  5. Black Screen with Cursor After recent update

Black Screen with Cursor After recent update: Hello, After recent update I am not able to see my windows login screen only getting black screen with cursor and after that nothing is happening after that I have follow lot's of article but those are not working also when I run in safe mode coming same thing so can you...
  6. Black Screen with Cursor after update

Black Screen with Cursor after update: Hi I'm now getting a black screen with the cursor displayed after updating Windows 10. I cannot access the task manager or boot in safe mode. Which is all the suggested fixes I can find. How can I fix this?...
  7. Black screen after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after 1903 update: My computer was stuck on 1703 forever but clearing the update folder and restarting the update service seemed to fix it and it updated to 1903. I can get to the logon screen but after logging on all I see is a black screen with my cursor and a blank personalized settings box...
  8. Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor

Black Screen after iTunes Update. No Cursor: My HP ENVY laptop with touch screen running Windows 10 Pro performed an update for the iTunes software. After the update and restart I had a black screen with no cursor. It is running because I can get keyboard responses like turn on keyboard backlight. Googled the...
  9. Black screen with cursor after logging in (win10)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor after logging in (win10): Hello, I Have Dell inspiron 15R N5110. Have been seeing a black screen with cursor after login to windows. I rarely see the desktop but after leaving the laptop turned for long time, maybe hours. But when i click on my computer or pressing ctrl + A it takes secs or even mins...
  10. Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen (with cursor) after Windows updates: Hello all, Today during my browsing with Chrome all of the sudden all of my 3 monitors just turned pitch black with only a cursor . At first I thought it might be a problem with the Graphics card since this is mainly my video editing PC that encodes a lot of video with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 1903 1703 logon blank screen explorer.exe

2. windows update 1903 blank screen with blinking cursor

3. 1903 Black screen with cursor

4. screen blanks when mouse moves windows 10 1903,
  5. 1903 black screen cursor,
  6. black screen after windows 10 update 1903,
  7. dell 1903 black screen ,
  8. after upgrade to 1903 black screen explorer.exe crashes,
  9. windows 10 1903 boot black screen with cursor,
  10. omputer stuckm in start up mood after 1903 update,
  11. RDp Black W10 1903,