Windows 10: Win10 after update black screen LOOKS LIKE NO ONE CAN HELP

Discus and support Win10 after update black screen LOOKS LIKE NO ONE CAN HELP in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just noticed a few have had the same problem and one not far past this post and no one seems to have the answer. I have two Win 10 PCs that have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Col01, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Col01 Win User

Win10 after update black screen LOOKS LIKE NO ONE CAN HELP

I just noticed a few have had the same problem and one not far past this post and no one seems to have the answer.

I have two Win 10 PCs that have died after the update a couple of days ago. Mine are the 1607 versions that expire now but at least I should be able to use them.

Anyway one PC is a ASUS H97-Plus PC all I get when booting now is a black screen after I sign in. I can do Alt-Ctrl-Del and get Task Manager and run a file. So far I have only thought of putting in Chrome and my internet works great.

I have recently stopped CSM and that is probably the reason I can only boot from the SSD drive and no DVD drives is showing. Guess I should turn on CSM again to see if I can use the DVD drive?.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

Col01, Apr 16, 2018

2. Win10 doesn't work after reseting to factory settings.

I upgraded from win8.1 to win10,but win10 worked to slow and I decided to reset it to factory settings with saving of my personal files. After this Win10 works wrong. It lets me to type my password from microsoft account, but after all I can see is a black
    screen and cursor. Ctrl+alt+dell buttons work,nothing else. Tried to restart,nothing...it looks like explorer.exe file failed to start.I don't have a windows image to reinstall it.

volodymyrmuzyka, Apr 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update stuck on black screen with spinning dots

Last night, one of the office PCs tried to install the Win10 Anniversary Update via Automatic Updates at 3:30 AM or thereabouts. By 8 AM,
    the black screen with spinning balls (no message) was on the screen and was there til 9 AM when the PC was shut down via the power button.

Win10 after update black screen      LOOKS LIKE NO ONE CAN HELP [​IMG]

After bringing the PC back (Restoring the previous Windows version) following a few more hard shut-downs to the previous build, the Anniversary Update was forced by going to the Microsoft page and downloading the update - and then running it.

After requesting to Update Now, the process ran through up to about 79% before the screen went black and the PC rebooted. It looked like it would boot all the way to the Desktop; the Windows Logo appeared on the black screen along with the spinning balls
    (no message). But soon after the Logo disappeared, leaving only the black screen with the spinning balls (AND NO MESSAGE).

The HDD LED on the case stopped flickering and trying Ctrl-Alt-Del does not do anything. See the picture, above.

HELP!!!

HelpforthePC, Apr 16, 2018
  4. Col01 Win User

I just turned on CSM and the DVD drive works. When loading a recovery disk I can not do anything and get:

1. Can not restore a system image to a computer that has a different different firmware. The system image was created using EFI and this computer is using BIOS.
    2. Reset this PC - The drive where Windows is installed is locked. Unlock the drive and try again.

Pulling my hair out. *Smile

Col01, Apr 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 after update black screen LOOKS LIKE NO ONE CAN HELP - Similar Threads - Win10 update black

2. what does the shortcut key look like no one is being helpful?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does the shortcut key look like no one is being helpful?: help me plssssss now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-the-shortcut-key-look-like-no-one-is/11e6cce7-8e97-4e75-bbcb-2b44f7ae6d90
  3. Help looks like a bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help looks like a bug?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LigmaV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v5z4op/help_looks_like_a_bug/
  4. Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10: I am shopping for a new computer for my wife. She has been using an old win7 laptop and is resistant to change. I don't think she'll be able to figure out win11. I know that win 10 is similar enough to win7. I can find more new machines with win11 that win10. Actually I am a...
  5. Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dumbing down WIn11 To Look like win10: I am shopping for a new computer for my wife. She has been using an old win7 laptop and is resistant to change. I don't think she'll be able to figure out win11. I know that win 10 is similar enough to win7. I can find more new machines with win11 that win10. Actually I am a...
  6. How to make Win10 look like Win7?

How to make Win10 look like Win7?: Hello, I am using windows 10 since a couple of months now and i cant get used to the new design.... How can i make it looks and feels like win7 ? submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments]...
  7. Desktop looks like this,can anyone help

Desktop looks like this,can anyone help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BigpeepeeCactus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hez0bf/desktop_looks_like_thiscan_anyone_help/
  8. win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win10 after update 1903 black screen with cursor: gigabyte H81M-WW, intel i7 -4770 3.40 GHZ win10 update 1809 installed working ok. direct x 12 is seen with dxdiag command. screen shot attached. with update 1903 --up to lock screen ok. but on login --only black screen with cursor and on left hand top corner --personalized...
  9. Can I make Win10 look like win 7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I make Win10 look like win 7?: Can I make my windows 10 look like windows 7, a classic view ect? Much prefer it if I could. 37633
  10. Black Background Screen unchangeable after Win10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Background Screen unchangeable after Win10 update: Today I had a notification of a Win 10 updates from the 19th and 20th August 2015. The updates installed and my PC booted and now I have a Black Background screen which I am not able to now change. Does anyone have a similar situation and is there a possible suggested...