Windows 10: [Win10&Alienware15R2] some keys are not working during login and start working some time...

Discus and support [Win10&Alienware15R2] some keys are not working during login and start working some time... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title states, they are not working during login and start to work several mins later after login. I have to use on-screen keyboard to pass in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ohuohuo945, Dec 31, 2018.

1. [Win10&Alienware15R2] some keys are not working during login and start working some time...

As the title states, they are not working during login and start to work several mins later after login. I have to use on-screen keyboard to pass in my password.

These keys are not working: "1", "6", "7", "q", "s","r","u"... and some other keys that I might not be aware of so far or otherwise.

I've already tried many ways that I could find online including: uninstalled driver, upgrade driver, change filter keys settings... etc, nothing works. It really bothers me.

Any help would be appreciated!

My platform: Win 10, Alienware 15R2 laptop, built-in keyboard. I started to observe this some time after my OS has been upgrade from Win 8 to Win 10, which means this is probably introduced by an update.

:)

ohuohuo945, Dec 31, 2018

2. 1215N function keys not working?

Doesn't list it for the 1215N *Frown [Win10&Alienware15R2] some keys are not working during login and start working some time... :(

Funny part all the keys work out of the box with Linux Mint, go figure.

Tried the one on softpedia, doesn't seem to work.

Any other model that I can take it from?

speedy11131, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Anonimiss Win User

[Win10&Alienware15R2] some keys are not working during login and start working some time...

Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

[Win10&Alienware15R2] some keys are not working during login and start working some time...

1. [Win10&Alienware15R2] some keys are not working during login and start working some time... - Similar Threads - Win10&Alienware15R2 keys are

2. Some keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys not working: Hi everyonemy dell Laptop's Keyboard is not working on certain keys which are " T Y CAPS LEFT-SHIFT TAB BACKSPACE", I searched for more than 20 hours and found out that alot of people have had the exact same problem on their laptops, I wanna know if it could be some virus or...
  3. some keys are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    some keys are not working: Some keys in my hp lapop not working.How to resolve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-are-not-working/9fac9f3a-7627-4a4b-9486-57e8028fe9f2
  4. some keys are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some keys are not working: Some keys in my hp lapop not working.How to resolve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-keys-are-not-working/9fac9f3a-7627-4a4b-9486-57e8028fe9f2
  5. some keys are not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Some Keys are not working

Some Keys are not working: Some Of The Laptops Keys are not working But Theres a Chance it works after turning on my laptop but it only works like 5 minutes and its not working again,Is There Any Fix?? Also Im using a wired Keyboard to type because T,ALT,F3 and Y is broken...
  7. Some Keys are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Keys are not working: Some Of The Laptops Keys are not working But Theres a Chance it works after turning on my laptop but it only works like 5 minutes and its not working again,Is There Any Fix?? Also Im using a wired Keyboard to type because T,ALT,F3 and Y is broken...
  8. Keyboard keys not working some times

Keyboard keys not working some times: I don't this is issue with keys. The -, =, left ctrl, 5 don't work some times and work other times without any issues. It is getting annoying and I can't seem to find something which will help...
  9. Some keys are not working

Some keys are not working: When i press ctrl key my laptop mutes automatically. Also brightness reducing key is not working. Two arrow keys, when i play games, doesn't work at all.... Pls give me solution. I've updated windows too but it didn't help....
  10. Some keys not working

Some keys not working: I don't think it's the keyboard. I use the on screen keyboard to type. I have two specific letters that will not type it doesn't work with regular keyboard or on screen keyboard every other key works fine. The letters do type if I type a using word prediction just ot if I...