Windows 10: Win10 always do check disk on my External Enclosure when startup

Discus and support Win10 always do check disk on my External Enclosure when startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I have tired to find out the solution for my problem but no hope, so I post my question here to see if I have luck. I have an external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tomych009, Aug 8, 2021.

1. tomych009 Win User

Win10 always do check disk on my External Enclosure when startup

Hi all, I have tired to find out the solution for my problem but no hope, so I post my question here to see if I have luck. I have an external enclosure (contained 2 hdds) and I mapped it to drive X: and Y: It worked fine at start. But one day, the window have the check disk on X: and Y: at startup, all my data were lost, and after several restarted (the windows kept on checking the disks), I even cannot access to X: and Y:. At first I was thinking that this is due to the enclosure, so I brought a new one, but it cannot deal with the problem. After that, I find that I can force to stop the check disk process by entering commands "chkntfs /x X: Y:", but it seem that it doesn't work. Is there any things I can do to solve this problem.

:)

tomych009, Aug 8, 2021

2. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Aug 8, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    HELP!!! External Drive issues!!

you're in luck, the guy with way too much external storage is here to the rescue!

step 1: try with a different USB cable

step 2: take the drive out of the enclosure and connect it internally to your PC

quite likely the cable or enclosure has died. if you're re-initialising the disk you might actually be erasing it... so dont do that.

Mussels, Aug 8, 2021
  4. Win10 always do check disk on my External Enclosure when startup

Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

Win10 always do check disk on my External Enclosure when startup

1. Win10 always do check disk on my External Enclosure when startup - Similar Threads - Win10 always check

2. My Disk D is always fixing at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Disk D is always fixing at startup: I know when there is sudden power cut off or unknown shutdown of your pc, windows try to fix Drives which were processing data at that timeBefore improper shutdown.Now for this,I have a proper backup system so that due to power shutdown pc do not turn off.I always use proper...
  3. Win10 always do check disk on my External Enclosure when startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 always do check disk on my External Enclosure when startup: Hi all, I have tired to find out the solution for my problem but no hope, so I post my question here to see if I have luck. I have an external enclosure (contained 2 hdds) and I mapped it to drive X: and Y: It worked fine at start. But one day, the window have the check disk...
  4. Do What If Win10 Frequently Checks/Repairs Disk on Startup?

Do What If Win10 Frequently Checks/Repairs Disk on Startup?: One of my children has a machine that seems to get stuck into that checkdisk and repair thing quite often recently. Each time it runs to the end and then boots into windows and everything seems to be okay. Makes me feel I should do something - but what? I feel like running...
  5. Do What If Win10 Frequently Checks/Repairs Disk on Startup?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do What If Win10 Frequently Checks/Repairs Disk on Startup?: One of my children has a machine that seems to get stuck into that checkdisk and repair thing quite often recently. Each time it runs to the end and then boots into windows and everything seems to be okay. Makes me feel I should do something - but what? I feel like running...
  6. Check Disk on Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Check Disk on Startup: So I have a windows 10 pc. Every time I start it, it runs check disk. I searched it up, and it says that check disk is triggered by improper system shutdowns, failing hard drives, and malware infection. I am not sure if I have any of these. (I didn’t shut my pc down...
  7. Disk Check on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Check on startup: After I started my system, it began a disk Check out of the blue. Before that, it was turned off normally. What does it mean? Is it alarming or I should ignore it. It happened only once. submitted by /u/CptGiorgis [link] [comments]...
  8. Disk Checking on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Checking on Startup: Hello. I own an Acer Swift 3 which I have the fear of it breaking. When I start up my computer, I see the message "Press any key to skip disk checking in # seconds." I always skip it, but then, I always have this question that comes up. The question that I have is "What...
  9. Windows 10 will not recognize my external Raid enclosure as a single disk.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 will not recognize my external Raid enclosure as a single disk.: I purchase a Mobius two bay raid enclosure a few years ago and had no problem setting up a Raid1 array using 2 - 2Tb drives, MBR and NTFS. I recently purchased another, identical enclosure installed 2 - 6Tb drives and went to set up a Raid1 array, using GBT and NTFS. The...
  10. Disk Checking at Startup

Disk Checking at Startup: Hi Guys, I have been using Windows 10 for a while now with no issues, I currently have three HDD's installed in the PC, one that's used to boot windows, a secondary 250GB for extra storage and a 1TB drive to store\stream movies from. I was aware my 1TB HDD was not 100%...