Windows 10: Win10 and win7 network woes

Discus and support Win10 and win7 network woes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have 3 pc's in a network, 2 are running windows 10 and 1 is running windows7 When I had just 2 connected win10 and win 7 both could see each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulSmith37962, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Win10 and win7 network woes

Hi,
    I have 3 pc's in a network, 2 are running windows 10 and 1 is running windows7

When I had just 2 connected win10 and win 7 both could see each other and exchange files without issue. Occasionally however the win7 machine would struggle to see the win10 machine.

Today however, everything was fine and dandy.

The win 10 machine is an Intel NUC with both WiFi and ethernet connections, the win 7 is an older machine with just ethernet.

I then wanted to add a laptop to the mix connected over Wifi running win 10

Initially on startup the Nuc machine couldn't see the laptop, I then corrected the workgroup name and the NUC could see the laptop, however the laptop does not see the NUC or the desktop

On checking the win 7 machine it could not see the laptop, so Only the NUC can see and exchange files with all the machines.

:)

PaulSmith37962, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Win10 and win7 network woes

1. Win10 and win7 network woes - Similar Threads - Win10 win7 network

2. Help with networking new Win10 and old Win7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help with networking new Win10 and old Win7: We've had a wired home network for many years for our 3 Win7 computers and it worked pretty well. About 2 years ago my wife got a new Win10 and a tech guy wired that into out network just fine with my remaining 2 Win7's. About a year ago we lost partial connectivity where the...
  3. Win7 on Win10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win7 on Win10?: Hey, When i boot up my windows 10 machine i get a classic windows 7 start up menu i believe it is when i made a win7 bootable but now i have this permanently. i went so far as to reset my pc nothing works. Please help! Link to video of what happens:...
  4. Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10/Win7 Print Networking Problem: I have a home network that was set up with all win7 machines and a HP LaserJet 4050 lpt printer attached to one of them. All machines had access thru the network to this one printer. I recently purchased a new win10 computer (Dell Precision 3630) to which I have attached the...
  5. Networking Win10 with Win7

Networking Win10 with Win7: how to connect a win 10 pc with a win 7 pc in a local network via wifi ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/networking-win10-with-win7/31128bd4-e0ca-434b-9f02-73990826111c
  6. Win10 1803 Update Woes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 1803 Update Woes: Hello I have 3 separate laptops from different manufacturers where the latest 1803 update has left them with a black desktop and Windows/Search buttons that no longer work. In 2 cases I have managed to restore the desktop and any prog shortcuts on there work OK in most...
  7. Networking woes again !!!!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Networking woes again !!!!: Hi there Why can't Windows Networking just be like Linux - nice GUI to configure SAMBA (or even use S.W.A.T), click on shares and it's done and works every time !!!!. Strange scenario now with HYPER-V HOST OS (W10) can access REAL W8.1 machine, and W10 VM running on...
  8. Networking woes again (W10)

Networking woes again (W10): Hi there Networking connectivity seems to get broken every so often -- I have shares on two W10 machines (Local accounts) that connect just fine. If I come back to the computer say 45 mins later I get the computers can see each other but cannot connect to the shares ---...
  9. Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7

Network share has no permission in Win10, but has in Win7: Hi, I recently changed my work computer from a Win7 to a Win10 computer. All our network shares are kept on one old Win2K3 server (I know old, but I'm not in charge of upgrading that). From my Win10 computer I cannot access two network shares out of several needed. The...
  10. Win10 Anniversary Update Woes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Anniversary Update Woes: Updated yesterday to Anniversary Update. My PC worked AoK for about an hour and then the Desktop stopped working. The mouse pointer still moved around, but will not activate the start menu, or any applications. Resorted to a hard re-boot. After that, Win-AU would work for 15...