Windows 10: win10: apps uninstalling on their own,shortcuts turning into white sheets,& permission problem.

Discus and support win10: apps uninstalling on their own,shortcuts turning into white sheets,& permission problem. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my problem appeared today out of nowhere as i restarted my laptop at first it was just one app that got uninstalled & the shortcut turned into white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AimenL.A.G, Sep 27, 2019.

1. win10: apps uninstalling on their own,shortcuts turning into white sheets,& permission problem.

my problem appeared today out of nowhere as i restarted my laptop at first it was just one app that got uninstalled & the shortcut turned into white sheet(when i click on it it asks me to delete the shortcut).. so i restarted the pc again to find that more shortcuts turned white & got deleted on their own, even my notes i had them on my desktop some important ones & when i tried to access them or decrypt them i get this message "you do not have permission to open this file. see the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission", & to be clear i have one & only account & i'm the administrator.. tried to create another account with the administrative permission but no luck.

BTW i installed 2 updates today "2019-09 cumulative update for .NET Framework 4.8 for windows 10 version 1803 for x64" & the other "2019-08 update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64 based systems".. also for the record my win version is 1803 os build 17134.1006.

please help is there any chance to get my notes back before formatting the pc (i can't see any solution to my case except for formatting)

:)

AimenL.A.G, Sep 27, 2019

2. Icons have turned white sheets

Hello Everyone,

Today I tried to connect my ps3 to my windows 10 Desktop and a message said that IP wasn't correctly managed... So I used the internal diagnostic tool on the network, and it said there was an IP error... I looked across the web and found a fix: I uninstalled
    and reinstalled network drivers... but after rebooting, every icon became a black sheet (Not everyone actually), like in the image (Note that just Edge, store and explorer, the third are pinned to taskbar)... both on taskbar and start screen (some in the list,
    others become sheets when pinned to start... They become white even when I open the app frome the directory. I tried deleting the icon cache, but it didn't work... What shall I do to fix?

SimoneAronica, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Icons have turned white sheets

Hello,

Sorry to know that you are still facing this issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Is the issue particular to only apps or other third party programs also?
    • When you click on the icons what exactly happens?

Suggest you to follow these steps to automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows from the link below:

Diagnose and repair Windows File and Folder Problems automatically

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 27, 2019
  4. win10: apps uninstalling on their own,shortcuts turning into white sheets,& permission problem.

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

win10: apps uninstalling on their own,shortcuts turning into white sheets,& permission problem.

1. win10: apps uninstalling on their own,shortcuts turning into white sheets,& permission problem. - Similar Threads - win10 apps uninstalling

2. Problem uninstalling an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem uninstalling an app: ColleaguesGood eveningI'm trying to uninstall Power Automate for Desktop. However, although it's in the list of apps, when I click on the uninstall button I get a message saying 'already uninstalled'. If I close that message and go back to the list of apps, Power Automate for...
  3. Problem uninstalling an app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem uninstalling an app: ColleaguesGood eveningI'm trying to uninstall Power Automate for Desktop. However, although it's in the list of apps, when I click on the uninstall button I get a message saying 'already uninstalled'. If I close that message and go back to the list of apps, Power Automate for...
  4. User permission setting problem on Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User permission setting problem on Win10: Hi! I need some help about set permission rules for a user account on win10 in my network. Here are my questions: Is there any possibility to read out, or to show , export for later import any user credentials or access in win10? Our windows are deployed with MS AutoPilot...
  5. Uninstall problem app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall problem app: I want to uninstall an app that doesn't appear in Programs & Features or Apps, and has no uninstall link, Windows 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-problem-app/5cfcdb43-7336-43b8-94ef-45af08cd82f3
  6. Taskbar icon turns to white sheets of paper upon being pinned to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon turns to white sheets of paper upon being pinned to the taskbar: I have an app running in Windows 10 as an administrator. The icon is the app's (sysinternals' Process Explorer) usual icon. When I pin it to the taskbar, it turns to white sheets of paper. When I unpin it, it turns back to normal. Please advise how to pin it and keep the...
  7. Windows apps icons turn white when used as a desktop shortcut:

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows apps icons turn white when used as a desktop shortcut:: This issue pertains to app icons turning white when used as a desktop shortcut. It always happens after a reboot and sometimes after sleep mode. This problem never happens with regular program icons, just apps. I haven't been able to find a specific answer to this issue. Any...
  8. Excel shortcut to open to specific sheet

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel shortcut to open to specific sheet: I have a shortcut to open Excel to a file: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE" c:\all\Workbooks\General.xlsm". Is there a way to specify the sheet? I tried adding the sheet name to the end of the shortcut but I get an error comment. 135993
  9. Shortcuts Icons Turn White When Moved

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts Icons Turn White When Moved: Hi. For some shortcuts that I have placed on the desktop when I move them to a different folder they shortcut icon turns white. This does not happen for every application where I will move the shortcut but for some. Example: GPU-Z icon on desktop looks fine. Moved to "Game"...
  10. Win10 app shortcuts lag

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 app shortcuts lag: Win10 Pro 64bit v10.0117134 Build 17134 Ryxen5 1600X 3600Mhz 8mg matched ram 160Gb free KB4340917 installed 01/08/18 Prior to that update, last kb4345421 on 24/07, I was getting various sytem lags, ie click an app shortcut no reaction fo a few seconds, no hour glass, the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop shortcuts are running on their own