Windows 10: Win10 arrow keys move the cursor even when that setting is set to off

Discus and support Win10 arrow keys move the cursor even when that setting is set to off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey so I've seen this problem come up before from a quick Google search but the solution people always say is to turn off the 'use the numeric keypad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dakirel, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Dakirel Win User

Win10 arrow keys move the cursor even when that setting is set to off

Hey so I've seen this problem come up before from a quick Google search but the solution people always say is to turn off the 'use the numeric keypad to move the mouse pointer' option from the accessibility settings.

Mine is telling me its already off but ever since this morning the cursor is still getting moved by the arrow cursors. How can I stop this from happening?

:)

Dakirel, Mar 30, 2020

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Arrow keys moving mouse cursor

My keyboard is moving my mouse cursor again, from the arrow keys. I checked in the settings and turned off, again, the setting that makes the num keys move the mouse, but the arrow keys are still doing it. I just want to turn this off. this is not
    the first time it has happened and I can never remember how I managed to make it stop the previous times. I do remember that sometimes it just stops after i mess around for 2 hours trying to make it stop, or by unplugging and replugging my mouse. I just want
    it to stop.

jacobmattison2, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Win10 arrow keys move the cursor even when that setting is set to off

Cursor Pointer does not move by Arrow-keys on the keyboard:

Hi Anas,

To further isolate the issue, we would like to ask a few questions:

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done in trying to resolve this issue?
    • Were you able to use the arrow keys when doing other activities?

Looking forward to your response.

Dennis Mop, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

Win10 arrow keys move the cursor even when that setting is set to off

1. Win10 arrow keys move the cursor even when that setting is set to off - Similar Threads - Win10 arrow keys

2. How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor: I recently applied the latest Windows 10 Pro patchesFeature update to Windows 10, version 2004and OS Builds 19044.3803 and 19045.3803And installed the latest version of Power Toys Now it seems keyboard movement via the arrow and number keys is permanently enabled I tried to...
  3. How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to DISABLE the keyboard arrow keys from moving the cursor: I recently applied the latest Windows 10 Pro patchesFeature update to Windows 10, version 2004and OS Builds 19044.3803 and 19045.3803And installed the latest version of Power Toys Now it seems keyboard movement via the arrow and number keys is permanently enabled I tried to...
  4. Receiving Notification even when they are off in the settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Receiving Notification even when they are off in the settings.: I am receiving Lock-Screen Notifications of a Media Player playing a random video. I don't which browser is doing this, but a random video is shown every time I open my system form the lock screen.Some things I found out: 1. Random Videos are YouTube Videos but from channels...
  5. Receiving Notification even when they are off in the settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Receiving Notification even when they are off in the settings.: I am receiving Lock-Screen Notifications of a Media Player playing a random video. I don't which browser is doing this, but a random video is shown every time I open my system form the lock screen.Some things I found out: 1. Random Videos are YouTube Videos but from channels...
  6. Slow cursor speed when scrolling through files using the arrow keys. Can't set it back to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Slow cursor speed when scrolling through files using the arrow keys. Can't set it back to...: Whenever I scroll through a list of files in Details view using the up/down arrows, my cursor slows down, before eventually starting to speed up, until it reaches its default scroll speed. When I let go of the arrow key, the scrolling stops by slowly decelerating until it...
  7. Can we move mouse cursor with keyboard arrow keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can we move mouse cursor with keyboard arrow keys?: Windows mouse keys let you move mouse cursor with keyboard numeric keypads but the problem is I dont have numeric keypads on my laptop so it will be best to use up,down,left,right arrows to move mouse cursor. submitted by /u/sherkhannabi [link] [comments]...
  8. Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer moves when moving the arrow keys?: when I use my arrow keys, the mouse pointer moves with them. Unfortunately I don't know where and how I can disable this. Can someone explain this to me? Mauszeiger bewegt sich beim bewegen der Pfeiltasten?
  9. Cursor moved by the directional arrows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor moved by the directional arrows.: Hello, I've been having a problem for a few days now, when I press my directional arrows on the keyboard, it moves my cursor. Anyone know how not to get that? submitted by /u/dadriun [link] [comments]...
  10. cursor not moving when key is pressed

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor not moving when key is pressed: I have a windows 10 pro, and a synaptics touchpad V1.3 on smb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-not-moving-when-key-is-pressed/62551264-ba48-478f-acb8-d4db9290fb89