Windows 10: Win10 auto login with account with no passwords.

Discus and support Win10 auto login with account with no passwords. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Did this ever get fixed or a way to disable it? Just upgraded my parents laptop from Win7 to Win10, they both have an account with no password. But if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/leoingle, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Win10 auto login with account with no passwords.

Did this ever get fixed or a way to disable it? Just upgraded my parents laptop from Win7 to Win10, they both have an account with no password. But if it's restarted or shut down, it auto logs in the last user. I saw lots of post about it but they were all from like 2016. Nothing recent. It's on the latest version from November. Anyone know a fix for it?

submitted by /u/leoingle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/leoingle, Jan 21, 2020
  2. demonguy Win User

How to auto login windows 10 if i use Microsoft account?

I didn't solve this by your suggestion. However, i reinstalled windows10, and log in with Microsoft account from start. Then netplwiz works well.

I found a interesting phenomenon. After unchecking the box of netplwiz, and type a wrong password, netplwiz will also exit with no error. Does it mean netplwiz only sotres the password i input and use this for logging in?

I have two hypothesises about netplwiz.
    1. auto login feature is a kernel feature, netplwiz just call this feature, the password you need to input after unchecking the box is just for authentication of current user.
    2. auto login feature is provided at userspace by netplwiz. the password you need to input after unchecking the box is stored somewhere and netplwiz will use this password to log in windows

At first i think first one is correct, but now it seems that second is correct, am i right?

demonguy, Jan 21, 2020
  3. How to disable bitlocker auto unlock when my windows account password was changed?

How to prevent auto unlocking drives from my laptop when my windows password changed? Hack or change my account password to much more easy than decrypt disk, but why windows doesn't provide such functionality from the box? I looking for any scripts to auto unlock from powershell also.

I'm not going to "just disable unblock". It's very useful thing. I have too many things which starts from encrypted volume. I want to prevent access to my volume only just getting my account. If my system administrator account could be hacked, all sensitive data would be lost.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Login into your account
    2. Set up bitlocker, auto-unlock
    3. Restart PC and login into account
    4. Drive unlocked
    5. Logout from account (I switched off whole PC)
    6. Ask sysadmin to change your password to new one
    7. Login into your account with new password

Expected result: bitlocker drive locked

Actual result: drive unlocked

Georgy Grigoryev, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Win10 auto login with account with no passwords.

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Win10 auto login with account with no passwords.

1. Win10 auto login with account with no passwords. - Similar Threads - Win10 auto login

2. Auto Login to User Account and Lock afterward

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Login to User Account and Lock afterward: Hi everyone,I need to when turn on my PC by wake on LAN a or turn it on by bios timer on Windows 10 or 11 it Automatically longing to my specified User Account and Then lock for security reason need to run softwares that have no service mode. as i am not physically Present to...
  3. Auto login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  4. Auto login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto login: Atuo loginwin 11 does not auto login did 2days ago no problem, all updated about same time, have tried all the suggestions, netplwiz, regitedit mods the lot, double check pc name in domain, workgroup,as the only person on this pc was happy when it auto log on my laptop...
  5. Auto-login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Auto-login: After this most recent update 21H1 as far as I know my pc has been logging me in before I even finish typing in my login pin. This seems like a bit of a security issue to me. How do I stop this from happening?...
  6. Auto Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Auto Login: As an administrator I have a password. My children's account don't. When they use the computer last and correctly shut down, on restart their account automatically restarts. So I have to wait for it to restart then log off then select myself and enter my password. How do...
  7. how do i remove password log in from win10 lockscreen? or auto login?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i remove password log in from win10 lockscreen? or auto login?: so i have a desktop with windows 10 and was able to bypass(or auto log in?) password easily but i dont remember how i did it. same with my win10 laptop. now in this other laptop i recently installed windows and cannot figure out how to bypass password. in settings i dont have...
  8. BIOS password used for winlogon auto login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BIOS password used for winlogon auto login: I have heard that it is somehow possible to pass the BIOS hardware boot password on to Windows and have winlogon auto login a user based on the password obtained from BIOS. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished? I'm speculating that BIOS may leave credentials in EFI...
  9. Login Password changed to microsoft account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Password changed to microsoft account password: I have been using the same password to login to my computer for 3 years and I have not changed any settings or logged into the Microsoft store. I have updated my pc many times and still used the same password but after putting to sleep it wants to use my microsoft account...
  10. auto login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    auto login: Where are the settings for auto login ? I found the one for wake up from sleep and set it to no password required. 2180