Windows 10: Win10 Automatically reload workflow on virtual desktops after restart

Discus and support Win10 Automatically reload workflow on virtual desktops after restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; G'day, Now that I have multiple virtual desktops set up for different workflows how do I save these so they re- load/ configure / split screen when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PSS2, Dec 29, 2018.

1. PSS2 Win User

Win10 Automatically reload workflow on virtual desktops after restart

G'day,

Now that I have multiple virtual desktops set up for different workflows how do I save these so they re- load/ configure / split screen when I shutdown or restart.

Is it possible, say, to install changes and restart but resume the virtual desktop configuration that I was just using on start-up? Setting all up again is a pain.

Thanks,

PSS2

:)

2. LKNY Win User

Multiple Monitors and Virtual Desktops in Windows 10

Often I'm using an extra monitor when working on my computer with Windows 10. I like to put on Netflix or some other form of video on the additional monitor. However, when I'm switching between virtual desktops, the Netflix window travels with the desktop
    it was originally associated with, causing me to have to pause my workflow to manually move it with me.

Is there any way to get a window to switch virtual desktops with me? Or better yet, a way to make the extra monitor have a virtual desktop all of it's own that can function when I switch between desktops on my primary screen?

Any suggestions appreciated.

3. Yash Pal Win User
    Additional Virtual desktops

Upgraded the windows, the computer restarted (after upgrade). I also shutdown and restarted twice. However, no icon/ suggestion etc at left hand top corner or any where on the desktop.

I suspect there is some command to activate the virtual desktops now, But I do not know it.

Yash Pal, Dec 29, 2018
  4. sirBait Win User

Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 Automatically reload workflow on virtual desktops after restart - Similar Threads - Win10 Automatically reload

2. Workflow CustomActivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Workflow CustomActivity: Hello I need help I create a personalize activity and I would like to use connectors to link this activity to another as it is between two states at the stateMachine level how to do it?...
  3. Recommandation for Virtual Desktops (Win10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recommandation for Virtual Desktops (Win10): Is there any program that you can recommand for supercharging current win10 Virtual Desktops ?? I use them a lot daily and yet they seem to be too basic/simple for example compared to Mac or Linux... I really like the possibilities Virtual Desktops open for example having...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop restarting automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Desktop restarting automatically: Hi, My Windows 10 Desktop is restarting automatically this is not a new install or upgrade, was running fine since a good time - From the Windows Viewer log, I see: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005,...
  5. Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Automatic Switching

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Automatic Switching: Hey, I have not been able to find an answer to this problem which works for me, the situation is the following. 1. If I try to open certain applications in one desktop, that are already open within another one, rather than opening the app in the desktop windows I am...
  6. Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Automatic Switching

Windows 10 Virtual Desktop Automatic Switching: Hello, I have two issues with Windows 10's virtual desktops. If I try to open certain applications in one desktop, that are already open within another one, rather than opening the app in the desktop I am in, it switches to the desktop in which it is already open. This is...
  7. Remote desktop connection automatically after restart?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote desktop connection automatically after restart?: After a restart (via a Remote Desktop Connection), is it possible to reestablish it, or does Windows 10 lock the Remote Desktop Connection after a restart until you have logged on locally at least once? Remotedesktopverbindung automatisch nach Neustart?
  8. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  9. Virtual Desktops - Automatically cycle

Virtual Desktops - Automatically cycle: I have three virtual desktops on a windows 10 machine that I want to cycle through automatically, every X minutes, to create a slideshow effect of each desktop. Is there a way to achieve this? submitted by /u/tk218 [link] [comments]...
  10. Win10 desktop keeps reloading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 desktop keeps reloading: I cant get past the desktop as it keeps reloading itself every few seconds. How can I fix this as it is useless to me now. Thanks in advance for the help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-desktop-keeps-reloading/82ddfe85-5d9c-4076-a5a8-71b1dbb1253f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtual desktop after restart

2. Automatically reload workflow on virtual desktops Microsoft