Windows 10: Win10 - Backup & Restore to Ext HDD,etc

Discus and support Win10 - Backup & Restore to Ext HDD,etc in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,can anyone tell me the quickest/best way to backup my files from my desktop Win10 computer to my ext hdd?.... :) Approx 360gb's worth. And h-o-w... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tiredchrisNEWBIE, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Win10 - Backup & Restore to Ext HDD,etc

Hi,can anyone tell me the quickest/best way to backup my files from my desktop Win10 computer to my ext hdd?.... Win10 - Backup & Restore to Ext HDD,etc :) Approx 360gb's worth. And h-o-w to find out the size of the RAM on my computer as well? Plus h-o-w to find out wether I've got Win10 'home' Or 'professional,as well?

- I have 'severe mental impairment',so please bear with me & be patient If nescessary.... Win10 - Backup & Restore to Ext HDD,etc :)

:)

tiredchrisNEWBIE, Jul 13, 2019

2. computer stops recognizing 2 ext HDD

I use a 7 year old HP Pavillion desk top and so far it has worked well. I have USB connected 2 ext HDD. One is basic storage and the other is my ext backup HDD. If I try to open a file in either of them, my computer stops recognizing both the ext HDDs causing
    a major problem creating backups. The only way to bring back recognition of the drives is to reboot. I plugged the two HDDs into another computer and they were fine there. How do I fix this?

cameraman32, Jul 13, 2019
  3. GaryWere Win User
    Printers, ext HDD not recognised

Upgraded to Windows 10, initially, printers & ext HDD for backup all worked OK. Few days later, all stopped working, nothing visible in Devices window. Subsequently downloaded updates KB3081449, KB3081452 on 28 Aug followed by KB3081448 on 29 Aug. Full
    functionality returned. Backed up on 30 Aug, used printer on 01 Sep; no problems. Today, printers visible in Devices, but marked as offline even thought they are switched on. Ext HDD not visible at all. What's going on and how can I fix it?

GaryWere, Jul 13, 2019
  4. sumasage Win User

Win10 - Backup & Restore to Ext HDD,etc

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Win10 - Backup & Restore to Ext HDD,etc

1. Win10 - Backup & Restore to Ext HDD,etc - Similar Threads - Win10 Backup Restore

2. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnecting Ext HDD: I always click the lower left Icon to disconnect my Ext HDs, but they always seem to stay busy even though I stop all processes. Is there a way to tell what process is still active & preventing me from disconnecting? Or a way to stop all easily? I end up rebooting after I...
  3. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disconnecting Ext HDD: I always click the lower left Icon to disconnect my Ext HDs, but they always seem to stay busy even though I stop all processes. Is there a way to tell what process is still active & preventing me from disconnecting? Or a way to stop all easily? I end up rebooting after I...
  4. Disconnecting Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Server Backup won't restore from completed backup on ext. hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server Backup won't restore from completed backup on ext. hdd: Hello I need help from restoring a backup windows server 2016 I have checked that it is successfully backed up on my external hard drive and this window appeared when recovering, I searched online and came up empty on what the solution any help reply would be appreciated....
  6. Windows Server Backup won't restore from completed backup on ext. hdd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server Backup won't restore from completed backup on ext. hdd: Hello I need help from restoring a backup windows server 2016 I have checked that it is successfully backed up on my external hard drive and this window appeared when recovering, I searched online and came up empty on what the solution any help reply would be appreciated....
  7. need to reformat a ext HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need to reformat a ext HDD: Hello - I have a new 2TB HDD for a laptop. I formatted it and created partitions, but failed to create enough space for the C: drive. So I want to start over, but after deleting the partitions, File Mgr is not detecting the HDD. I am using AOMEI Disk Part and it recognizes...
  8. Access to Ext HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to Ext HDD: I found that to use my Ext HDD, I needed to go to the Control panel and declare it as a Backup Storage device. Prior to a week or so ago, all I had to do was plug the ext HDD into my laptop via USB. But now that I have declared it a Backup device, I am still unable to see it...
  9. How Do I restore my files,etc,etc From my Ext HDD?

How Do I restore my files,etc,etc From my Ext HDD?: Hi, How do I restore data to my computer,From my Ext HDD? Thanks for your time/patience, TIRED Chris https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-filesetcetc-from-my-ext-hdd/b34d98dc-3150-4eb9-9e80-d7e5e03c36ca
  10. Windows Backup error 0x80070013 on Ext HDD USB

Windows Backup error 0x80070013 on Ext HDD USB: Hi I'm having an issue backing up Windows to an external drive. I'm getting an 0x80070013 error on external USB drive! It hangs at 97% and then gives the above error respons. Does this have something to do with One Drive that is connected and that the Backup can't...