Windows 10: Win10 Backup using 2 HDDs in addition to C:

Discus and support Win10 Backup using 2 HDDs in addition to C: in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I use a second spare HDD as second backup? I have learnt not to rely on one backup HDD. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GlenBishop1, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Win10 Backup using 2 HDDs in addition to C:

How do I use a second spare HDD as second backup? I have learnt not to rely on one backup HDD. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

GlenBishop1, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Additional HDD

sata or IDE? im banking IDE.

pull both jumpers off. both drives.

plug the IDE cable in like so. it goes a certain way.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''Short
    L----------L----L <Ribbon
    I...............I......I
    Mobo.........2.....1
    ...............(Slave)..(Master)

connect 120GB HDD no jumper onto the connector of the short side of the cable (1 master).

connect 160GB HDD no jumper to 2 slave.

make sure mobo end is seated correctly. power is in. boot board.

go into bios set HDD 120GB as primary boot device. then go into the HDD list and make sure the 120GB is at the top of the list.

make sure AHCI/IDE are set appropriately for your board. especially if a bios reset has happened.

if this does not work. put jumpers on both HDD's on the CS pins (cable select pins are marked on the plastic, the pcb or a sticker showing you which 2 pins are M, S, CS)

then repeat steps as necessary.

Solaris17, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    SSD, HDD installation and backup strategy

I do this:

• Create a separate backup partition on your HDD and use this to make frequent images of your system on drive C. I do this to avoid the need to backup this partition on drive D.
    • Backup the system on drive C and your user files on the HDD to an external hard disk
    • Use file history to copy your user files to the external drive.

You will then have 2 back up storage locations for your system backups and your user files. Also, consider making a further full backup to another external HDD stored in another location and not normally connected to the PC in case of ransomware attack or your house burning down!

Steve C, Jul 6, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10 Backup using 2 HDDs in addition to C:

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Backup using 2 HDDs in addition to C:

1. Win10 Backup using 2 HDDs in addition to C: - Similar Threads - Win10 Backup using

2. Data comparison between 2 HDDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data comparison between 2 HDDs.: I have 2 HDDs installed in workgroup PC. I copied necessary data from 1 HDD to another HDD. There are too many subfolders. Now I want to verify that all data is copied successfully or not.How can I verify data folder by folder & file by file?I checked each & every folders'...
  3. Data comparison between 2 HDDs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data comparison between 2 HDDs.: I have 2 HDDs installed in workgroup PC. I copied necessary data from 1 HDD to another HDD. There are too many subfolders. Now I want to verify that all data is copied successfully or not.How can I verify data folder by folder & file by file?I checked each & every folders'...
  4. Have Win10 on older HDDs - need to move one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have Win10 on older HDDs - need to move one: Hello, I have several HDD's containing the Win10 files. I now have a new HDD and would like to Transfer one of my older Win10 file systems to it if possible. 1. How large should a Flash drive been to transfer the files?2. Is it possible to check the Product ID to confirm it...
  5. HDDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDDs: dose windows 10 changes the HDD from MBR to GBT or vise versa automatically, if so is it wipe it out or the data still there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdds/be966c48-b80c-4b05-b8d0-56fedab7e10e
  6. Additional Soundpacks for Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Additional Soundpacks for Win10?: Do you know of additional sound packs for Win 10? I can't stand the default sounds coming with windows. Looking for some additional sound packs as it helps me to have something. Couldn't find anything online. submitted by /u/flycomusic [link] [comments]...
  7. Use a used Win7 license for 2 Win10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Use a used Win7 license for 2 Win10?: Hello, I have a PC that had Win7 and as a Win7 user you could upgrade to Win10 for free with the product key. Now I still have a PC and want to activate Win10 with the old Win7 license on it. Does this work and will the license no longer be active on the old PC? Eine...
  8. OS Backup with nothing but external HDDs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OS Backup with nothing but external HDDs: I have a Windows 10 machine where the OS is installed on an external HDD. Does Microsoft have a tool available to do external to external backups for the OS?...
  9. win10 backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    win10 backup: Hi all, i am currently using windows 10 backup. I set it to manage the space but when my external hard drive full it didn't delete the old backup. Also, as i select my own folders to backup rather then let window choose. I did tick backup users folder and favorites. But...
  10. File History with 2 external HDDs

in Windows 10 Support
    File History with 2 external HDDs: I currently do File History with 1 external HDD as everyone else does. I have a spare external HDD that is just gathering dust. I wonder if I could do File History with 2 external HDDs? Will I run into trouble if I did? The idea is that I could do File History with the 2...