Windows 10: Win10 big update auto resume if internet drops?

Discus and support Win10 big update auto resume if internet drops? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Win10 Home on an i5 5th gen laptop. I'm trying to download the big new Win10 update but I live in India and my internet is unreliable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by m3110w, Nov 18, 2015.

1. m3110w Win User

Win10 big update auto resume if internet drops?

Hi, I'm running Win10 Home on an i5 5th gen laptop. I'm trying to download the big new Win10 update but I live in India and my internet is unreliable. Does the Win10 download auto-resume? I can't tell. Does the download pick up from where it left off if the internet fails? So far I can't tell one way or the other. Thanks,

:)

m3110w, Nov 18, 2015

2. Windows update "auto resume".

Thank you for the reply. We would like to recommend an alternative to help you install the update. Please check the Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa through this
    link.

Let us know how it went.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 18, 2015
  3. updates

Yes, the updates would resume as soon as you turn on the computer. Usually the monthly updates are not so big and they take around 5 minutes to download on a normal connection.

Sumit Dhiman2, Nov 18, 2015
  4. Win10 big update auto resume if internet drops?

Seeing by the recent condition of Windows update, nearly impossible.
    On an extremely slow connection , my update got to a maximum of 5 percent, throws an error and starts downloading again.
    This might be due to huge load on Windows update servers.

Sumit Dhiman, Nov 19, 2015
  5. m3110w Win User
    Hello Sumitdhiman, Luck was with me. My Reliance 3G cellular internet here in Kerala cut out a few times but the download resumed from where it left off. I kept my pc on the whole time. The whole thing downloaded in about 12 hours! Wow. That's a big update. With luck it also installed successfully. Yay! I was quite surprised the download and install went smoothly.

m3110w, Nov 19, 2015
  6. Glad to know this and enjoy your update *Smile

Sumit Dhiman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 big update auto resume if internet drops?

1. Win10 big update auto resume if internet drops? - Similar Threads - Win10 big update

2. Big fps drops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Big fps drops: I have fps drops to 7 or 10 in all games here's my gameplay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzR8dR_fWK4 My specs are: AMD ryzen 5 2600xGtx 1060 3gbG.Skill Aegis 16gb ram 3200MhzSSD 240gbAorus B450 Myesterday i had 160+fps...
  3. Big drop in upload speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Big drop in upload speeds: Something strange has started happening with my Internet connection speeds. I'm using an ASUS RT-AX86U, which I've had for about 3 weeks and I've tested the speeds on my two Windows 10 laptops (version 19041.450), an Huawei Notepad Lite and a Galaxy A3 mobile phone. I'm on...
  4. internet access repeatedly dropped by Win10 but not on my iPad

internet access repeatedly dropped by Win10 but not on my iPad: Internet access via Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 5555 laptop is being repeatedly dropped, although NOT on my iPad. So this indicates that problem is apparently with Win10 network adapter. The only way I can now reconnect with internet is by doing a restart. The...
  5. Win10 intermitant fail to resume

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 intermitant fail to resume: Win 10 Pro desktop 10.0.17134 Build 17134 All drivers & bios upto date, no hardware changed C:\ drive + 5x internal drives. Not a branded system, current Gigabyte mobo, 2x Iiyama monitors Balanced power settings, Occassionally PC fails to resume from sleep, generally this...
  6. Really big Fps Drop after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really big Fps Drop after Windows update: Hello there, I was playing WoW and Overwatch with the fixed and problemless 60 FPS. Yesterday there was an Windows Update done on my PC and my FPS doesn't go above 10 right now. I reconstructed Windows from fresh thinking that would fix the issue, but it still continues...
  7. Internet Drops

Internet Drops: During the day, the internet is stable and works fine. I can browse and do everything normally. But in the evening the internet drops and it won't reconnect. I tried restarting my PC and resetting the router but nothing seems to work. A solution would be helpful! 57239
  8. Internet dropping

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet dropping: I don't know if this is a 10 problem or computer problem. My internet will drop every few hours while I am using it. I originally thought it was my cable provider, and most of the time I rebooted my modem, and this seemed to correct the problem. Then I just rebooted the...
  9. Win10 download auto-resume if connection fails?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 download auto-resume if connection fails?: Hi All, I just called Microsoft India and they said if I use the Window 10 Upgrade System Tray Icon to do the download then it will auto-resume with no data loss if the internet connection fails. She said if I try to download Win 10 Upgrade some other way then it does not...
  10. Win10 download have auto-resume capability if internet fails?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 download have auto-resume capability if internet fails?: Hi All, I plan to get a new Win8.1 laptop soon (I would rather get one with Win10 but they're not yet available here in India). My plan is soon after I get the Win 8.1 laptop to download and install Win10. Here in India the 3G cellular internet is slow and unreliable. I'm...