Windows 10: Win10 : black screen & cursor after converting MBR TO GPT

Discus and support Win10 : black screen & cursor after converting MBR TO GPT in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I need help. Basically, I converted my disk that has win10 and ubuntu installed on it from MBR to GPT using MiniToolPartitionWizard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yesme, Nov 28, 2020.

1. yesme Win User

Win10 : black screen & cursor after converting MBR TO GPT

Hello everyone, I need help.
    Basically, I converted my disk that has win10 and ubuntu installed on it from MBR to GPT using MiniToolPartitionWizard. then when I restarted my laptop I faced this problem : black screen & cursor ( windows logo doesn't show up ).
    I tried crt + alt + del and nothing happened. I also tried BCDboot to fix EFI.
    For ubuntu I solved the problem using Boot-Repair and I can boot into it.

Win10 : black screen & cursor after converting MBR TO GPT [​IMG]

:)

yesme, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Smittychat., Nov 28, 2020
  3. Cannot convert GPT to MBR.

Hi Michael,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

This method you have to backup all your data and delete all partitions and volumes. Then use the
    DISKPART command.

• Open command prompt and type in DISKPART and press Enter
    • Then type in list disk (Note down the number of disk you want to convert to GPT)
    • Then type in select disk number of disk
    • Finally type in convert gpt.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Win10 : black screen & cursor after converting MBR TO GPT

Smittychat., Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Win10 : black screen & cursor after converting MBR TO GPT

1. Win10 : black screen & cursor after converting MBR TO GPT - Similar Threads - Win10 black screen

2. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  3. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  4. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  6. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  7. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Convert MBR to GPT with MBR2GPT

Convert MBR to GPT with MBR2GPT: In order to be compatibe with Windows 11(?) I must change following settings: Boot type: UEFI Disk partiton: GPT instead of MBR TPM Version: enabled in UEFI the tool MBR2GPT (already on the system as part of the Windows 10 Creators Update) does just that. my disk meets the...
  9. Problems after convert MBR to GPT

Problems after convert MBR to GPT: I was having issues with BSOD while playing games and was recommend to either reset or fresh install. I have a M.2 WD black as my system disk partitioned with one other partition. I have a 500 gig WD blue 2 partitions one for backup\programs and other as downloads and another...
  10. how to convert MBR to GPT?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to convert MBR to GPT?: hi I have a problem in installing Windows 10 from usb drive. Error is "windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has MBR partition table. on efi system windows can only installed to GPT disk" I have formatted without aware this issue. I have few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen after converting mbr to gpt

2. gpt black screen white cursor