Windows 10: Win10 black screen

Discus and support Win10 black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After booting, windows starts and shows login screen. It logs in and shows a blank screen. Cursor works and windows key too, taskbar, background image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HansKV, Jul 7, 2020.

1. HansKV Win User

Win10 black screen

After booting, windows starts and shows login screen. It logs in and shows a blank screen. Cursor works and windows key too, taskbar, background image and apps are gone. Ctrl shift esc doesnt work but ctrl alt del works.

I saw a post exactly like this and tried to fix it, tried everything but i had to roll back to a system restore point. It loaded for a long time and booted. Everything worked. Now Edge was unresponsive and i had to restart to make it work.

After restarting, the black screen was back.

I dont know what to do...

:)

HansKV, Jul 7, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 7, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 7, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Win10 black screen

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jul 7, 2020
Thema:

Win10 black screen

1. Win10 black screen - Similar Threads - Win10 black screen

2. Random Black Screen Win10 X79 Gtx1070

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Screen Win10 X79 Gtx1070: I got random black screen while the sound is stilling working.Press shut down button from case will resume and then show the "shutting down" screen and then shut down.Have already tried : 1. reinstall win102. update all driver 3. install everything on Windows Update When I...
  3. Random Black Screen Win10 X79 Gtx1070

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Black Screen Win10 X79 Gtx1070: I got random black screen while the sound is stilling working.Press shut down button from case will resume and then show the "shutting down" screen and then shut down.Have already tried : 1. reinstall win102. update all driver 3. install everything on Windows Update When I...
  4. Black screen on Win10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on Win10 install: Hi I am trying to install Win10 on a Dell laptop that was previously running 8.1. After deleting the partitions and selecting the SSD for install, the installer gets to 1% complete before the laptop goes to a black screen with no cursor and backlight is on. Same issue occurs...
  5. Win10 Reset Blank/Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Reset Blank/Black Screen: Hello Community, I have a HP Pavilion Laptop that I was preparing to give to another person so I started the Windows 10 Reset process and asked to have all personal files removed. The process took a while and let it run all night. During the night I looked at the screen and...
  6. Win10 Pro Black screen crashes

Win10 Pro Black screen crashes: Hello Folks, so the PC is brand new and built by me for around 6 months everything has been perfect and running smoothly until i started getting Black screen crashes the symptoms are no signal displayed on both screen rgb lighting crashes no sound lights on keyboard and...
  7. Win10 Pro Black screen crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Pro Black screen crashes: Hello Folks, so the PC is brand new and built by me for around 6 months everything has been perfect and running smoothly until i started getting Black screen crashes the symptoms are no signal displayed on both screen rgb lighting crashes no sound lights on keyboard and...
  8. Win10 black screen of death

Win10 black screen of death: Okay, so i have a Omen laptop (made by HP), and i was playing som games, the laptop was really slow wich it has really never been, so tabbed out to open the task manager, saw nothing special that took up the performance and therefore tabbed bacl in again. I should NOT have...
  9. Win10 Home Premium Desktop Black Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Home Premium Desktop Black Screen: Okay, I'm at a total loss here. I have looked everywhere, Google, this forum, everywhere, and I cannot fin the answer. I've tried RegEdit, EoA, Personalization, Iris control panel, and NVIDIA control panel. The entire 9 yards, and probably 9 more. MY DESKTOP WILL NOT...
  10. Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Desktop Gadget Black Screen: Hello there ! soo I installed desktop gadget for my win 10 and for some weird reason when I am in dota 2 menu and then go back to desktop (windows button or alt+tab) my gadgets (default windows gadgets) calendar, weather and CPU&RAM meter turns black like there is only...