Windows 10: Win10 blocking all incoming connections from outside domain after update

Discus and support Win10 blocking all incoming connections from outside domain after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Dear Community, I manage a small office network. Usually for administration I VPN to a router in the network and then use VNC or RDP connections to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sren6683, Mar 16, 2020.

1. sren6683 Win User

Win10 blocking all incoming connections from outside domain after update

Dear Community,

I manage a small office network. Usually for administration I VPN to a router in the network and then use VNC or RDP connections to administrate the mashines. Yesterday a couple of updates were istalled automatically on the Win10 clients and now I can't reach them anymore by RDP/VNC. Only the mashines that did not update yet, are reachable. Connections from inside the domain are fine e.g. I can access the not updated clients and from there access the updated ones. Just non domain computers are suddenly blocked even with windows firewall disabled!

Any hints how to solve the problem? I am desperate...

Best regards

sren

:)

sren6683, Mar 16, 2020
  2. VL111 Win User

Block incoming connections

Hi,

I have a netgear router and the router log shows it is detecting (and hopefully blocking) incoming connections like port scans or DoS attacks.

But McAfee running on my Win10 machine shows it is also blocking connections from external computers around the world trying to connect to high TCP ports.

Question is, why would these be coming in to my PC at all and how do I effectively block all these? Should I configure some Defender rules to block all unknown incoming connections? Looks like Defender is controlled by McAfee if it is installed but I
    plan to uninstall that.

Many thanks in advance.

VL111, Mar 16, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 16, 2020
  4. ShinzPK Win User

Block all incoming connections under windows firewall is getting enabled for domain and private network after restart on Windows 2012 R2 STD (Virtual Machine)

Block all incoming connections under windows firewall is getting enabled for domain and private network after restart on Windows 2012 R2 STD (Virtual Machine) . GPUPDATE /Force doesn't show any errors. VM Tool is up to date. Windows Firewall is turned on
    via GPO. However block incoming connections had no opted to be enabled via GPO. All appears fine when i uncheck the option and restart the server. However this issue occurs frequently when there is a restart. Please suggest a fix.

ShinzPK, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 blocking all incoming connections from outside domain after update - Similar Threads - Win10 blocking incoming

2. Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections: Windows Pro 22H2 19045.3324Windows FirewallUnable to set Domain to All inbound connections are blocked.Receiving incoming connections where source is my pc. UDP.Dest port 443. Dest IP:104.18.1.2142.251.163.9135.244.232.184142.250.9.93Why am I unable to block all incoming?How...
  3. Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections: Windows Pro 22H2 19045.3324Windows FirewallUnable to set Domain to All inbound connections are blocked.Receiving incoming connections where source is my pc. UDP.Dest port 443. Dest IP:104.18.1.2142.251.163.9135.244.232.184142.250.9.93Why am I unable to block all incoming?How...
  4. Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Defender Firewall - Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Firewall - Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of...: [ATTACH] In my lab, Windows Defender Firewall has started to block all incoming connections ("shields up" mode). You must be an administrator to enable or disable this setting (Block all incoming connections, including those in the list of allowed apps) locally on the...
  6. Question about block incoming connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question about block incoming connection: In the Incoming Connection, Should I tick this one? Or leave it as it is?????And also what is this???Thanx[Original Title: Microsoft Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-about-block-incoming-connection/bbebb336-dbcd-4b01-8ab7-1c401ff6e44c
  7. Should The Firewall Block All Incoming Connections?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should The Firewall Block All Incoming Connections?: Im reviewing my firewall rules and noticed that a lot of apps are allowed inbound. Is there a reason an app needs this or can I disable all incoming connections completely? What are the tradeoffs and security risks with having some apps be allowed incoming on the Windows 10...
  8. Password expiry outside of domain

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Password expiry outside of domain: Due to the current situation around the world my whole company is required to work from home. I have been informed that several users passwords are due to expire in the next few days. If the user isn't connected to the domain then will their password actually expire? And if...
  9. Block incoming connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block incoming connections: Hi, I have a netgear router and the router log shows it is detecting and hopefully blocking incoming connections like port scans or DoS attacks. But McAfee running on my Win10 machine shows it is also blocking connections from external computers around the world trying to...
  10. Incoming connections blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incoming connections blocked: Hi, I am having an issue where I can connect to and access shared folders on other windows computers on the same network but when they try to access my computer(via network places, run command with the IP and with the computer name) it is giving me the error "Windows cannot...