Windows 10: Win10 Boot Loop Issue

Discus and support Win10 Boot Loop Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dell Inspiron 11-3148 with Intel Core i3-4030 running Win 10 Home Last night it unexpectedly rebooted. After Win login only got black screen with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Richard_972, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Win10 Boot Loop Issue

Dell Inspiron 11-3148 with Intel Core i3-4030 running Win 10 Home

Last night it unexpectedly rebooted. After Win login only got black screen with mouse pointer. Rebooted several times with same result. Followed numerous online suggestions and finally got to Advanced Startup and attempted to refresh saving files. This got me into an endless loop of "Choose Your Keyboard Layout" and then "Why Did My PC Reboot". Found my Win 10 USB boot stick attempted to use that. Now stuck in a new boot loop: first a Win logo followed by "Choose Your Keyboard Layout" then "Choose an Option" (Troubleshoot or Turn off). I have tried every option on the Troubleshooting menu but no resolution. "Recover from a Drive" returns "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." System Restore doesn't find any restore points to use. Startup repair can't repair my PC.

Yikes!

Thanks in advance for any help here!

:)

Richard_972, Feb 19, 2019

2. win10 reset boot loop

Same issue here that reboot loop at 64%. See suggestions here: Boot Loop after Reset on Windows 10

ChandriaNicole, Feb 19, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Clark Ari Win User

Win10 Boot Loop Issue

Boot loop

Hi Terri,

This issue occurs when there are broken components on the boot configuration data of your system. To troubleshoot your boot loop issue, we suggest that you boot in
    safe mode through the Windows
    Recovery
    Environment option. To do this, follow these steps:

• Turn on your computer. When the Windows logo appears, unplug and replug the device. Perform these steps three times.
    • On the fourth instance, turn on your device without unplugging it. The Windows Recovery Environment window will appear.
    • On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advance options.
    • Click Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Once your computer restarts, you will see a list of options. Press the F4 key to start your computer in
      safe mode.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Right-click the Start button, and then select
    Control Panel.

2. Search Control Panel for
    Recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open
    System Restore > Next.

4. Choose the restore point related to the problematic
    app, driver, or update, and then select
    Next > Finish.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Clark Ari, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Win10 Boot Loop Issue

1. Win10 Boot Loop Issue - Similar Threads - Win10 Boot Loop

2. Windows Boot Issue. Blue screen with loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Boot Issue. Blue screen with loop: Booting screen stuck with looping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-issue-blue-screen-with-loop/1654f52e-1cd1-4ec1-8191-57d91f2dc9d0
  3. Windows Boot Issue. Blue screen with loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot Issue. Blue screen with loop: Booting screen stuck with looping https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-issue-blue-screen-with-loop/1654f52e-1cd1-4ec1-8191-57d91f2dc9d0
  4. Windows Boot Issue. Blue screen with loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10 sudden Bsod boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 sudden Bsod boot loop: Hi, My PC was fine, I woke it from sleep and ran up iTunes to watch some stuff on apple TV. Went to TV and apple TV couldn't connect to iTunes. Back to the computer and its sitting on a bsod with the stop code : SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED no file is listed On...
  6. Win10 stuck in endless boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 stuck in endless boot loop: Win10 Stuck in endless loop of boot up. Automatic Repair. I am having a windows 10 startup problem. from the command prompt I've used "bootrec /fixboot" but access is denied. Then i followed diskpart command DISKPART> select vol 1 Volume 1 is the selected volume....
  7. Win10+Win7 dual boot issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10+Win7 dual boot issue: Dear all, I hope I have not missed a thread with a similar problem: I had Win10 installed on drive C: with the boot loader on drive D: (where I previously had my old Win10 installation). I wanted to add Win7 to my PC and formated drive D: - I totally forgot that I had the...
  8. Refresh/reset Win10, stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Refresh/reset Win10, stuck in boot loop: Preface- this is a laptop of a computer illiterate friend. Knowing win10 had a built in tool to do a clean install, I offered to run it for her. Alas, I am apparently not as literate as I'd like to think. The computer in question is an Acer Cloudbook AO1-431-C8G8. It came...
  9. boot loop

in Windows 10 Support
    boot loop: hi my win 10 pc is in a boot loop its at the preparing automatic repair screen. cant do anything. I boot from my repair disk and system restore/fix pc/etc etc. none of them work. any fix I can try without having to reinstall windows 96188
  10. Computer inoperable win10, boot loop disaster

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer inoperable win10, boot loop disaster: Alright so, i installed windows 10 had it working for about a week my graphics card was away for repair and when i finally got it back i tried installing it only to discover my PCI slot on my mobo was bad. So i ordered a new mobo when i got the new mobo in the mail i...