Windows 10: Win10 Bootable USB installation question

Discus and support Win10 Bootable USB installation question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A while back ago I created a Windows 10 USB Bootable stick using the Media Creation Tool. How can I find out which version and build number I have on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by win10freak, May 20, 2021.

1. Win10 Bootable USB installation question

A while back ago I created a Windows 10 USB Bootable stick using the Media Creation Tool. How can I find out which version and build number I have on my USB bootable stick? I am guessing it is 20H2, but I really prefer to double check it. Is there a command to check this with? If so, then what results or output of the command should I look for in regards to the current OS version or build number from the USB bootable installation media?

:)

win10freak, May 20, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, May 20, 2021
  3. Kantastic Win User
    Bootable Vista Installer

I have a friend who has a Vista Home Premium key (from the bottom of his laptop) and his HDD crapped out so he ordered a new one. His repair disks didn't work and neither of us have CD's with a large enough capacity to store the files we 'found' on the interwebz, so I'm trying to install it from a bootable USB.

I got up to the step where I successfully turned the USB into an active partition, but I ran into a problem the moment I needed to access the boot sector.

Can someone kindly walk me through the steps?

Kantastic, May 20, 2021
  4. Chewy Win User

Win10 Bootable USB installation question

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, May 20, 2021
Thema:

Win10 Bootable USB installation question

1. Win10 Bootable USB installation question - Similar Threads - Win10 Bootable USB

2. Making a Bootable Win10/11 Installation Bootable USB on M1/2Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Making a Bootable Win10/11 Installation Bootable USB on M1/2Mac: Ok folks, 1 don’t fall for the BS post for folks trying to sell you software. It’s a scam!2 on your Mac, install the trial of Parralells. This a a full featured 7 day trial and has in the virtual machine a full version on either Win10 or Win11.3 in Win10/11 on your Mac,...
  3. Making a Bootable Win10/11 Installation Bootable USB on M1/2Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Making a Bootable Win10/11 Installation Bootable USB on M1/2Mac: Ok folks, 1 don’t fall for the BS post for folks trying to sell you software. It’s a scam!2 on your Mac, install the trial of Parralells. This a a full featured 7 day trial and has in the virtual machine a full version on either Win10 or Win11.3 in Win10/11 on your Mac,...
  4. Bootable USB Question: Does USB Controller on USB Matter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable USB Question: Does USB Controller on USB Matter: Hello all, I am quite thankful for the guides on tenforums for helping me out during my times of crisis. I have however found an interesting snag that I hit and have been banging my head against for the last 2 weeks. I made an unattended install of Windows 10 Pro following...
  5. Should I keep the data on Win10 bootable USB after installing Win10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I keep the data on Win10 bootable USB after installing Win10?: Hello, I have done the installation of Win10 on 2 separate PCs using 2 separate 32gb flash drives. Now that the installation is done, I would like to know if I can now erase the ISO files on the drives and start using them as normal drives again. Or do I need to keep them in...
  6. How to install win10 with bootable USB WITHOUT switch off secure boot?

How to install win10 with bootable USB WITHOUT switch off secure boot?: I got an used Lenovo T480, I reinstalled it with a Linux distro when I got it. Now I need to go back to windows, the problem is I dont have the superuser password and because of that i Cant switch of Secure Boot. the seller had no idea about the password either.. Windows...
  7. Installing Win10 from a Bootable USB Made on a Mac

Installing Win10 from a Bootable USB Made on a Mac: Hello! I’m a pretty tech savvy person, which is why I decided to take on this task. I’m primarily a Mac user (I’m a graphic designer) but can work cross-platform (my day job keeps me on a machine running Win7 and I use a VM on that computer for a system running what looks...
  8. BOOTABLE USB RECOVERY DRIVE questions.

in Windows 10 Support
    BOOTABLE USB RECOVERY DRIVE questions.: I have a couple of questions concerning USB Recovery Drives such as can be created by AOEMI and MACRUM Backup programs. They have got my PCs going many times over the years. First ,does the Flash Drive have to be empty?I think I recall having to format the drive before use,...
  9. System Crash & Bootable USB With Win10 ISO

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Crash & Bootable USB With Win10 ISO: Background Info next followed by my main ?'s listed at the very bottom A few months back my Laptop that came with Win 8.0, upgraded to 8.1, and finally to W10 crashed. My son installed Win7 but I didn't like it. I typed out some help issues regarding this to an on-line...
  10. Win10 not seeing bootable USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 not seeing bootable USB: Hi, I've added a Linux live disk (ISO) to a USB drive using Rufus & changed the UEFI so all the USB boot options are the preferred ones. My laptop still does not see the USB during boot (also the light on the USB drive stays off as if it's receiving no power). Any...