Windows 10: Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work

Discus and support Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a problem. Two problems to be exact, but the most pressing being that my mouse doesn't work. It is stuck in the middle of the screen, and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ded, Aug 16, 2016.

1. DED
    ded Win User

Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work

I have a problem. Two problems to be exact, but the most pressing being that my mouse doesn't work. It is stuck in the middle of the screen, and the cursor is invisible.

The original problem I had, prior to developing this new mouse problem, was the start menu. Neither the windows button nor the icon on the bottom left corner of the screen would open up the windows menu.

To try the solve that, I followed the instructions found in this video

I was directed to restart my computer.
    Upon restarting it, I was booted into safe mode, BUT my mouse wouldn't move, and the cursor was invisible.

I have tried unplugging the mouse and restarting multiple times, but to no avail. So currently, my main issue is that the computer won't detect my mouse, and I am unable to do anything.

If anyone could please help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time.

:)

2. HF4
    hf4 Win User

Windows 10 Home not booting

Hello,

After 2 successful upgrades to Win10 I decided to upgrade my workstation from Win7 x64 Home. The upgrade finished, I logged in to Windows and everything was ok. After a reboot the screen went black without a mouse before the log in screen and remained that
    way. I forced a shut down, but from there on out Windows would not boot. Using Safe Mode (Which works perfectly) I updated to the latest GeForce driver, to no success. I reverted from Safe Mode back to Win7.

After creating a system image, I once again ran the upgrade to Win10, but now it stopped at the last step, displaying the "This is taking a bit longer than usual..." message, followed by a black screen with a mouse. Tried entering my password, no success,
    so Ctrl-Alt-Delete -> Shut Down. That worked.

Again, the system doesn't boot. It does boot in Safe Mode. I even unplugged my sound card, but it still doesn't work. Some advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

3. Windows10 doesn't show page with password and doesn't react on keyboard and mouse

1.After installation windows10 (previous was win7) can't to stay in sleep mode more that 1-2 minutes. It weaks up after 1-2 min and shows splash screen (image before page with password) and stays in lock mode

2.Today my PC was in lock mode all night and may be new updates was installed (I don't know is it possible or not)

3.But now I can't go to page with user password because Win10 does not react on mouse and keyboard. I restart PC 3 or 5 times - win10 downloads to this page and does not react on keyboard or mouse

4.I tested keyboard and mouse on my another PC - they work

5.I checked that they work on my PC in BIOS - they works perfect.

6.I tried to connect them to another USB - it doesn't work!!! It looks like Win10 doesn't see any USB ports

I try to start in safe mode (F8) but it does not react to

TerekhovMax, Aug 16, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Does the keyboard work? If it does you can do a lot with it, without a mouse. Just takes a bit of trial and error.
    Is the mouse plugged into a USB3 port perhaps? If so, try a USB2 port. Even if not, use a different USB port. If plugged into the rear USB, try the front.

Ztruker, Aug 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Win10 Booted in Safe Mode - Mouse doesn't work - Similar Threads - Win10 Booted Safe

2. Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!: Hey i'm here to describe an issue that has been keeping me from using my computer Around 1 month ago my pc was acting sluggish, I just performed a few tweaks beforehand so I decided to just revert to a recent restore point like I usually do, since it's the only thing that...
  3. Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!: Hey i'm here to describe an issue that has been keeping me from using my computer Around 1 month ago my pc was acting sluggish, I just performed a few tweaks beforehand so I decided to just revert to a recent restore point like I usually do, since it's the only thing that...
  4. Blue screen on boot, and safe mode doesn't work!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keyboard or Mouse NOT working in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 News
    Keyboard or Mouse NOT working in Safe Mode: [IMG]Safe Mode is used to troubleshoot problems on a Windows computer. In Safe Mode, Windows loads only necessary drivers, including keyboard and mouse drivers. Problems occur if the keyboard or mouse stops working in the Safe Mode. It also makes it difficult to exit Safe...
  6. Boot in safe mode not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot in safe mode not working: I just tried to upgrade my newly built pc to the latest version on windows in order to install some drivers. However, when it finished, my user profile was corrupted and i was unable to log in. Going off of online tutorials to solve this, they all say to boot in safe mode....
  7. Laptop only works in Safe Mode; clean boot doesn't help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop only works in Safe Mode; clean boot doesn't help: All, I've been browsing the WWW for ages for a solution for my problem without any luck. Hoping you can help. Here's the issue: I've exchanged the HDD of my Acer Aspire E1 series with an SDD, reinstalled W10 and now the PC freezes even before I'm able to login. Very...
  8. Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booted my windows 10 laptop in safe mode & password doesn't work in safe mode: Hi set my laptop to safe mode with msconfig & restarted now it wont accept.my password in safe.mode is there a way to reset my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booted-my-windows-10-laptop-in-safe-mode-password/c8fe588b-31ac-4a38-b0c6-d632c2fc2591
  9. Password doesn't work on Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password doesn't work on Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to do a checkup, and my Microsoft account password doesn't work, my computer is locked, I have entered my password, the same I use to open my mail, and it's just not working. I'm desperate....
  10. Mouse won't work in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse won't work in Safe Mode: Is there any downside to performing a Repair Install? I've been stumped by an issue: my mouse will not work in Safe Mode. It works in BIOS (a UEFI bios); it works in WinPE rescue media; it works in Macrium Rescue media; it works in Windows 10. I've tried selecting every...