Windows 10: Win10: BSOD loop due to driver verifier, cannot disable verifier, cannot boot to safe mode

Discus and support Win10: BSOD loop due to driver verifier, cannot disable verifier, cannot boot to safe mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, everyone, In search of a problem that was causing Win 10 to lock up on my XPS13 9343, I enabled driver verifier. Predictably, this is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pstock, Nov 21, 2021.

1. pstock Win User

Win10: BSOD loop due to driver verifier, cannot disable verifier, cannot boot to safe mode

Hi, everyone,

In search of a problem that was causing Win 10 to lock up on my XPS13 9343, I enabled driver verifier. Predictably, this is now generating BSODs. This is the expected diagnostic behavior, I gather. The problem is, I have not been able to to get into Windows in any mode that will allow me to disable verifier and thus start Windows. Similarly, there is no way for me to run W7F.

This is the BSOD message almost every time:

Stop code: DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION

Read more

pstock, Nov 21, 2021
  2. axe0 Win User

BSOD hidclass.syss with verifier enabled

Hi DocSams,

Could you upload the memory dump, C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp, to onedrive and post a share link. The minidumps provided severely lack in data.

If you haven't yet, please disable driver verifier.
    Resetting driver verifier options (recommended in this order)
    1. In normal mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    2. In safe mode open an administrator command prompt and enter the below command
    3. On 3 boot failures, you'll boot automatically to the recovery options,
      • click Troubleshoot
      • go to the advanced options
      • choose command prompt
      • enter the below command
    4. Boot with the recovery media, see above 4 steps in option 3.
    5. Via the recovery options or recovery media, select a restore point prior enabling driver verifier
    Code:

3. Driver verifier boot loop

~4 month old Dell Precision 7720 with a 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Came from the factory with the OS installed on the HDD so I moved it over. Next update basically bricked the machine and the SSD had to be reformatted and Windows 10 reinstalled. I started
    getting IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSODs so I tried running the driver verifier utility. Now it won't even boot without a DRIVER VERIFIER IDENTIFIED VIOLATION BSOD so I had to get into safe mode. I ran the verifier /reset command and it said No Settings Were Changed.
    Now I'm running in safe mode and I have the dump files but don't know what to make of them or what to do with them. I also don't know what driver made the verifier fail.

StevenHartzfeld, Nov 21, 2021
  4. Win10: BSOD loop due to driver verifier, cannot disable verifier, cannot boot to safe mode

Driver Verifier BSOD Loop

This is such an easy fix it's unbelievable!!!

I called Microsoft support and the tech didn't know about driver verifier at all. He actually hung up on me after about 3 mins of silence and me asking if he was still there..

So I tried a chat session and that tech concluded that I should reinstall Windows 10 from a flash drive or ISO DVD.

Well, neither one is a good solution. Once I got the exact error message: "Driver_Verifier_Detected_Violation FSPFltd2.sys" I googled it and found a 1 minute youtube video that ended the loop I was in.

First boot up into Safe-mode. Once in Safe-mode, right click the start button and select "Command Prompt Admin".

When the command prompt box comes up type in the word "verifier" (without the quotation marks) and hit enter.

This will bring up the driver verifier settings. Select "Display Existing Settings" and reboot.

BAM! Windows will start up normally again. Microsoft should be paying me for figuring this out and getting a run-around from their techs.

StormyKnight007, Nov 21, 2021
Thema:

Win10: BSOD loop due to driver verifier, cannot disable verifier, cannot boot to safe mode

1. Win10: BSOD loop due to driver verifier, cannot disable verifier, cannot boot to safe mode - Similar Threads - Win10 BSOD loop

2. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  3. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  4. Driver Verifier Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver Verifier Boot Loop: I'm running Windows 10. I was having occasional issues with dwm crashing, so I turned on Driver Validation. Now I get a blue screen during boot for "DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION". I can't reach safe mode to disable the verifier. I boot off a USB Windows 10 install and...
  5. Driver Verifier Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier Boot Loop: I'm running Windows 10. I was having occasional issues with dwm crashing, so I turned on Driver Validation. Now I get a blue screen during boot for "DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION". I can't reach safe mode to disable the verifier. I boot off a USB Windows 10 install and...
  6. Driver Verifier Boot Loop

7. Cannot verify

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot verify: I am WIlliam D issaMy Hotmail.com account is: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** have had that account for decades.I pay $20, or $70 office365? very yearI am locked out.I need my account.I try to log in.I am told to verifyI try.I get the code, enter it, then am...
  8. Cannot verify

Cannot verify: I am WIlliam D issaMy Hotmail.com account is: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** have had that account for decades.I pay $20, or $70 office365? very yearI am locked out.I need my account.I try to log in.I am told to verifyI try.I get the code, enter it, then am...
  9. Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot computer because of driver verifier: I was using an earlier verified answer to detect which driver was causing BOSD and now I am unable to boot the comouter at all. I do recieve the crash message but it does not show which driver was the culprit. Additionally, if I launch in safe mode my password does not work...
  10. Driver verifier boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver verifier boot loop: ~4 month old Dell Precision 7720 with a 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Came from the factory with the OS installed on the HDD so I moved it over. Next update basically bricked the machine and the SSD had to be reformatted and Windows 10 reinstalled. I started getting IRQL NOT LESS OR...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver verifier boot loop