Windows 10: Win10 Build 1903 Breaks Surround Sound?

Discus and support Win10 Build 1903 Breaks Surround Sound? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just recently updated my win10 to build 1903 (May 2019) and discovered my 7.1 surround sound no longer works. I've checked the sound properties and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PCLim1, Jul 5, 2019.

1. PCLim1 Win User

Win10 Build 1903 Breaks Surround Sound?

I just recently updated my win10 to build 1903 (May 2019) and discovered my 7.1 surround sound no longer works. I've checked the sound properties and speaker setup, clicking specifically on 7.1 but when testing the channels, only left and right front speakers are working.

Luckily I had a laptop with build 1809 and the surround sound setup works perfectly on that

This is definitely a bug on build 1903 with regards to surround sound. Please help find a solution to this

:)

PCLim1, Jul 5, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Win10 Build 1903 Breaks Surround Sound? :p

cadaveca, Jul 5, 2019
  3. 5.1 Surround sound in windows 10

Hi Jeka,

There are some reasons why you don't get the 5.1 surround sound. Some of these are caused by the type of audio format, how the file was encoded, if the file supports 5.1 surround sound and such. For us to determine what's causing
    the concern more precisely, please provide information on the following:

• The type of file that you're trying to play.
    • Troubleshooting steps done to rectify this concern

For now, before we go to a more in-depth troubleshooting, we suggest you run

audio troubleshooter.
    Look for Find and fix problems playing sounds.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Jul 5, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

Good surround sound headset

I appreciate it I was more looking to see if anyone knows something that can fit my bill in that budget. Trust me I know all about the $300 range and even considered audio technica m50x with a condenser mic *Stick Out Tongue Win10 Build 1903 Breaks Surround Sound? :p

Solaris17, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 Build 1903 Breaks Surround Sound? - Similar Threads - Win10 Build 1903

2. Microsoft updates breaks Nivdia surround

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft updates breaks Nivdia surround: Good morning,Windows 11 updates break my Nvidia surround settings ever time. I postpone update for as long as possible, but last four updates cause me to have to set up surround again. I have latest Nvidia driver and even tried older drivers. Current using driver 526.47 and...
  3. Microsoft updates breaks Nivdia surround

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft updates breaks Nivdia surround: Good morning,Windows 11 updates break my Nvidia surround settings ever time. I postpone update for as long as possible, but last four updates cause me to have to set up surround again. I have latest Nvidia driver and even tried older drivers. Current using driver 526.47 and...
  4. Surround Sound 7.1 breaks until uninstall drivers and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surround Sound 7.1 breaks until uninstall drivers and restart: I'm using a couple headsets that both use surround sound. I have noticed that in testing, only the L Front and R Front speakers actually produce sound while the others are silent. This stays like this, disrupting playing games and watching videos, until I uninstall the...
  5. Surround Sound 7.1 breaks until uninstall drivers and restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surround Sound 7.1 breaks until uninstall drivers and restart: I'm using a couple headsets that both use surround sound. I have noticed that in testing, only the L Front and R Front speakers actually produce sound while the others are silent. This stays like this, disrupting playing games and watching videos, until I uninstall the...
  6. Surround Sound 7.1 breaks until uninstall drivers and restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone in 1903 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    7.1 virtual surround sound checkbox is gone in 1903 update: [ATTACH] Is this a bug? I've heard Microsoft removed the checkbox but Im not sure, in my office laptop with 1903 still that option. https://preview.redd.it/vpncr183r4141.png?width=641&format=png&auto=webp&s=5d8dc7a52ac0535c0931b45bcc4126671a1b3ef0 submitted by...
  8. New build, no sound, will not install audio driver - Win10 build 1903

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New build, no sound, will not install audio driver - Win10 build 1903: Hi, I have two identical newly built computers, and the onboard sound is not working on one of the two. Here are the specs for both: Gigabyte B450 DS3H motherboard AMD Ryzen 5 2400G CPU w/Wraith Stealth cooler G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3200C16D-16GVGB memory modules, two 8 GB...
  9. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  10. Surround sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 1903 affect my audio

2. 5.1 pc surround driver hdmi

3. windows build 1903 windows audio property

4. is 5.1 surround supported in 1903?,
  5. windows 10 1903 broke surround