Windows 10: WIN10 can not login to allow network access

Discus and support WIN10 can not login to allow network access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Cloud Mirror access is impossible via logging in with network credentials for my device. I can not turn on file history in Windows to organize/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RJL24, Apr 13, 2017.

1. RJL24 Win User

WIN10 can not login to allow network access

My Cloud Mirror access is impossible via logging in with network credentials for my device.

I can not turn on file history in Windows to organize/ access the files from this HP8000 Elite PC.
    I have tried every ID and password combination I know and nothing works. For about 2 years now, no kidding.
    Something happened that disallows my access and a window keeps popping up asking for my network credentials to gain access to My Cloud Mirror..
    I am baffled --- any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
    I do not even know if I am asking the right question, but I can not access my My Cloud Mirror (NAS) from this WIN 10 pc and can access WD My Cloud Mirror from all other devices mobile and tablets ...

Please advise..

:)

RJL24, Apr 13, 2017

2. problem with windows 10 security updates - breaks Zenui Android File manager file transfer

Same issues here. I do not use Password Login on my PCs. I have Password Protected Sharing Disables and I can only access PUBLIC file/folders with Zenui. Attempting to access other shared drives/folders result in a request for credentials. (acts as though
    Password Protected Sharing is Enabled)

One notable exception on my network is, my PC that is a Win7 Home Upgraded to Win10 Home without a clean install of Win10. I can fully access all shared file/folder/drives. All my other network PCs are Win7 Pro upgraded to Win10 Pro then a clean install
    of Win10 Pro.

Notes - I have deleted and setup a new Homegroup (not that that should matter). And all my PCs have full access to each other.

Hopefully this extra info will help someone figure this out.

**** Edited 11:25 pm - Just for grins, I added a PC configured with Win7 Pro to the network and I have full access to all shared file/folders/drives on this PC with my phone.

Nickhog2001, Apr 13, 2017
  3. BarniT Win User
    WIN10 Login Password- VPN

1. Upgraded from WIN7 - computer is set to auto login into net through a VPN, ethernet connection.

2. WIN7 was not set to have a login for access to computer.

3. WIN10 login is requesting a login to access computer - obviously through the net.

4. Cannot login as no ethernet connection due to VPN login not being activated - because cannot login in to computer through WIN10 login etc

5. I did not specify a WIN10 login on startup - but - did download from MS site Solitaire and Freecell (both requiring a MS account)-has this activated a WIN10 login request.

6. How do I get into my computer to remove the WIN10 login.

7. Have read several online articles that recommend using WINRE - as this is the registry! how do I get to it without having to go through the WIN10 login?

Barni

BarniT, Apr 13, 2017
Thema:

WIN10 can not login to allow network access

1. WIN10 can not login to allow network access - Similar Threads - WIN10 login allow

2. can' login to a network computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can' login to a network computer: I have a person on our network that can login to her computer. When she goes to an other computer on the network it will not let her login. I have 20 other people on the same network and they can go to any computer and login to the network. How do I fix this problem?...
  3. can' login to a network computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can' login to a network computer: I have a person on our network that can login to her computer. When she goes to an other computer on the network it will not let her login. I have 20 other people on the same network and they can go to any computer and login to the network. How do I fix this problem?...
  4. Allow network sharing - but selectively deny internet access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Allow network sharing - but selectively deny internet access: * Allow home network sharing - but selectively deny internet access to secondary computers Searching for answers, I found threads for the inverse situation (allow guest internet access but block access to host resources) but not my question....
  5. Can I allow access to a PC on my home network without that PC having a password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I allow access to a PC on my home network without that PC having a password?: Small home network, connected by cable and wifi. 2 PC's on Win 10, one laptop on Win 10, a tablet and our phones. FTTC (65 down, 30 up) internet. In the UK. Currently my PC (Win 10 Pro) has a password because I share a drive on it to the others. The only way to allow the...
  6. Win10 Local Account does not allow login after creation

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 Local Account does not allow login after creation: I am creating a local account. The wizard has me set the username, password, and recovery questions. When that user attempts to login it's asking for email address and password. I then change the Login Options to Username, but now it wants a PIN, which I have not....
  7. Network Computers not Allowing Access

Network Computers not Allowing Access: Hello, We have a network that contains most of the computers at our facility. There are 3 computers in this network that are relevant: 1 "host" computer with a folder that should visible to the other 2 "client" computers (quotes are referencing that these are just the...
  8. Can NOT login to Win10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can NOT login to Win10: When I bought One Drive, the system changed to use Microsoft account password to login. Last night I turn my laptop into sleep. This morning I can not login, it shows incorrect password all the way. I changed twice at the login screen, but after change it still showed...
  9. Problem with accessing network shares on Win10 pc from Win10 laptop

Problem with accessing network shares on Win10 pc from Win10 laptop: So I'm having a problem that appeared fairly recently (about a week ago). I have shared some directories on my PC that I use as a file server, and I have mounted those as network drives on my laptop. This allows me to play my entire Steam library from the server, which has...
  10. access to a network drive by a win10 user

access to a network drive by a win10 user: hi all, I have a small network and from a pc, even by a single user who has access from that pc, I do not see an external drive on the network another user who logs in from that pc has no problems all the other PCs and their users see that drive, no configuration made...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 allow login to family members only