Windows 10: win10 cannot detect my default app setting, and all my DOCX file are shown in white generic...

Discus and support win10 cannot detect my default app setting, and all my DOCX file are shown in white generic... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Although I set MS word as my default app to open DOCX, it still not work. I tried to reinstall the whole office. After the uninstallation, window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by whk1003, Jul 8, 2018.

1. whk1003 Win User

win10 cannot detect my default app setting, and all my DOCX file are shown in white generic...

Although I set MS word as my default app to open DOCX, it still not work. I tried to reinstall the whole office. After the uninstallation, window suggest me using C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office 16\Winword.exe" /n "%1" to open a DOCX file, however there is no such Winword.exe" /n "%1" in the path and I cannot remove it.

What is the cause of the problem? How can I resolve it?

:)

whk1003, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Randy_68 Win User

File extension *.docx

I already did all the steps you suggested but MS Office 2013 ignored my change and defaulted to *.docx. Is there some other solution?

Randy_68, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Win10: set 'view' default in file explorer

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

As I understand that you are trying to set file explorer as default. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to set file explorer as default and check if it helps.

1. In the search box type as “settings”.

2. Go to “system” and click on “default apps”.

3.Then click on “set default apps by”.

4. Select “File Explorer from the list” and click on “choose defaults for this program”.

5. Then check the box “select all” and click on “save.

6. Then click on “ok”.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 8, 2018
  4. win10 cannot detect my default app setting, and all my DOCX file are shown in white generic...

How to set Microsoft Photos App as default

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left pane, click on Default Apps.
    • In the right pane, click on Choose default apps by file type.
    • Set the default App to open .jpg files and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

win10 cannot detect my default app setting, and all my DOCX file are shown in white generic...

1. win10 cannot detect my default app setting, and all my DOCX file are shown in white generic... - Similar Threads - win10 cannot detect

2. Cannot change default apps in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change default apps in settings: Profile is administratorClick SETTINGSClick APPSClick DEFAULT APPSClick the > to expand the list of associationsNOTHING after that works...I can click all day on the bar, and the extension anything, and nothing will bring up the normal menu to choose the default program.I...
  3. Docx don't attach in all browsers on win10 laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Docx don't attach in all browsers on win10 laptop: Hi, Since last week, my word documents will not attach in outlook, Edge, Chrome or emclient. Even if I use gmail, it crashes. It's fine with word 2003 so have been saving docs in older formats. It's also fine on the Win 2007 computer which I prefer to keep off the net. Have...
  4. Docx don't attach in all browsers on win10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docx don't attach in all browsers on win10 laptop: Hi, Since last week, my word documents will not attach in outlook, Edge, Chrome or emclient. Even if I use gmail, it crashes. It's fine with word 2003 so have been saving docs in older formats. It's also fine on the Win 2007 computer which I prefer to keep off the net. Have...
  5. need to find how to get to .docx file to change my default app

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to find how to get to .docx file to change my default app: need to find how to get to .docx file to change my default app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-find-how-to-get-to-docx-file-to-change-my/3e9d5122-fb32-4efa-a244-c0e772feb76f
  6. Cannot upload .docx or .xlsx files

Cannot upload .docx or .xlsx files: Good day! For about 10 days I have had the following issue: I cannot upload .docx or .xlsx files with any browser I have tried to Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. When the window to select the file is opened and I click on the .docx or .xlsx file, the...
  7. Generic blue & white 'face' on all photos

Generic blue & white 'face' on all photos: About two weeks ago, suddenly all my stored and new downloaded photos took on a generic blue and white 'face'. Not the folder icon, the PHOTOS themselves. So I need to click on and open every one to see what it is, before resizing and renaming. Can't find my original similar...
  8. Warning on default app opening docx file

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Warning on default app opening docx file: I upgraded my 8.1 laptop to 10 about 2 weeks ago now. Basically all is OK, but I do run in to quirks here and there. The latest one is that whenever I dbl-click a .docx (or a .doc) on the desktop or in filemanager, I get the warning below. It nonetheless opens the file...
  9. Setting Defaults by App or File

Setting Defaults by App or File: I recently bought a new 1Tb SSD drive to use as my system drive, I have been trying to associate opening of xml files in either Notepad++ or Sublime Text 3 I have seen many "Solutions" through Google however none seem to work for me. The "Set defaults by app" doesn't show...
  10. I cannot set my default apps for pictures

I cannot set my default apps for pictures: I have read numerous posts and questions about default apps, but I still cannot set my default picture viewer/editor on my machine. I have tries setting it in Settings where I can set my Default apps and I choose Corel PhotoPaint-no luck. The box with the plus doesn't accept...