Windows 10: Win10 cannot keyin search text

Discus and support Win10 cannot keyin search text in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Sir, I cannot uses the Windows search function now. originally, I can search easily by Win10 search function. however, now I try to key in keyword... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Scotthsieh, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Win10 cannot keyin search text

Hi Sir,
    I cannot uses the Windows search function now.
    originally, I can search easily by Win10 search function.

however, now I try to key in keyword to search, but it failed.

BR,
    Scott

:)

Scotthsieh, Oct 6, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 6, 2019
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Firefox Search Box Text

In previous versions of Firefox, I was able to find the option to disable the browser from showing previously entered text into a search or text box. For example, the User Name box on this forum, I type "O" and OrbitzXT pops up. Other text in other search boxes has been popping up as well. I am using Firefox 3.6, I've tried clearing histories and such and it still remembers text in the boxes. Any ideas how to disable this? I don't see any such option in Tools -> Options.

OrbitzXT, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Win10 cannot keyin search text

text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Win10 cannot keyin search text

1. Win10 cannot keyin search text - Similar Threads - Win10 cannot keyin

2. Text in the Search Box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text in the Search Box: Hey guys,Does anyone knows how I can remove this "Search" text from the search bar? Google wasn't helpful enough so I decided to shoot in here.I just want the magnifying glass like it used to be before this latest Windows 11 update. :Thanks....
  3. Text in the Search Box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Text in the Search Box: Hey guys,Does anyone knows how I can remove this "Search" text from the search bar? Google wasn't helpful enough so I decided to shoot in here.I just want the magnifying glass like it used to be before this latest Windows 11 update. :Thanks....
  4. How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results: Hello,Is it possible to have content in my OneNote files show up as results when using the Win10 search feature? I do find the content when inside OneNote and use the "Find" feature.Regards George...
  5. How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results: Hello,Is it possible to have content in my OneNote files show up as results when using the Win10 search feature? I do find the content when inside OneNote and use the "Find" feature.Regards George...
  6. How to include OneNote for Desktop text in the Win10 search results

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Win10 Thinkpad - Cannot access search function.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 Thinkpad - Cannot access search function.: Initially I thought the problem was not being able to unlock the taskbar. settings set to unlock for desktop & tablet modes. Desktop wallpaper appears washed out until the brief switching time when a web browser is initiated. Also the Task View icon on the Taskbar allows...
  8. Cannot enter text in windows 10 search fields

in Cortana
    Cannot enter text in windows 10 search fields: Hello I followed two methods using powershell in another popular thread which didnt work. Next i did a sfc /scannow from powershell which detected errors and said was unable to fix them. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to repair some of them....
  9. Win10 cannot key in search text

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 cannot key in search text: Hi Sir, I cannot uses the Windows search function now. originally, I can search easily by Win10 search function. however, now I try to key in keyword to search, but it failed. BR, Scott 141995
  10. In Win10, how to search for text WITHIN files on disk?

in Cortana
    In Win10, how to search for text WITHIN files on disk?: …as opposed to just file NAMES? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-win10-how-to-search-for-text-within-files-on/59f64463-e751-4efd-bf33-b9d2fc471c15"