Windows 10: Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition)

Discus and support Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed Win10 and Ubuntu on two M.2 socket SSDs respectively. I am able to access Win10 disk in Ubuntu; however, I cannot access Ubuntu disk in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GenggongwoShi, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition)

I installed Win10 and Ubuntu on two M.2 socket SSDs respectively.

I am able to access Win10 disk in Ubuntu; however, I cannot access Ubuntu disk in Win10.

In "disk management", the Ubuntu disk is there, but upon right click only "Delete volume..." and "Help" are clickable. Moreover, the "File System" appears black, the "Status" is "healthy (primary partition) and % Free = 100%; that is to say, this disk is not recognized by Win10.

Then, how should I access files on Ubuntu disk while I am using Win10?

Thank you!

:)

GenggongwoShi, Nov 25, 2018
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Disk partition and ubuntu installation

My dell laptop is on dual-boot and i wish to extent the partition/ put it on SSD for Ubuntu and therefore, I deleted that partition but I'm not able to extent the original one(the D drive which i shrunk). There are several partitions on my disk which i believe
    are unnecessary but i don't know which ones should I delete. Please look into it.

Ayushi_Shakya, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition)

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition) :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition)

1. Win10 cannot recognize Ubuntu disk (partition) - Similar Threads - Win10 cannot recognize

2. WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition: I had my system set up with both Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I decided to only use Windows on this PC and deleted the Ubuntu partition, thinking I could just boot up Windows afterwards...There are many tutorials out there that I tried, but nothing helped. I KNOW that a clean...
  3. WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition: I had my system set up with both Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I decided to only use Windows on this PC and deleted the Ubuntu partition, thinking I could just boot up Windows afterwards...There are many tutorials out there that I tried, but nothing helped. I KNOW that a clean...
  4. Disk Partitions different in Win10 and Win8.1 ???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Partitions different in Win10 and Win8.1 ???: So here's the thing. I have an SSD which I have removed from one laptop (it's running Win8.1Pro) and connected it through a USB caddy to my other laptop (running Win10Pro 1909) so that I can move some data around. To do this I shrink the "C" partition on the SSD and create...
  5. Unable to extend Ubuntu partition in Windows Disk Manager!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to extend Ubuntu partition in Windows Disk Manager!: I right click the Ubuntu partition to find out that the extend button is gray not usable How do I extend it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-extend-ubuntu-partition-in-windows-disk/62f0e051-6031-4575-b7d0-2d797bb8879a
  6. Partitioning disk space to install Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Partitioning disk space to install Ubuntu: Hello, I am trying to partition disk space to install Ubuntu and I tried to use the disk management tool. However, it gives me the error message: "You cannot shrink a volume beyond the point where any unmovable files are located. See the “defrag” event in the Application...
  7. Dual Partition 'Lost' - win10 and Ubuntu 16.04

Dual Partition 'Lost' - win10 and Ubuntu 16.04: I had a dual boot on my DELL Latitude E550 (or something similar), running Ubuntu 16.04 as default and win10 as secondary. Upon bootup I could choose which partition to load. I prefer Linux. But there are a couple applications that are built for windows and work better on...
  8. Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition

Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition: I used to work on my PC which had a C Drive (partitioned with Windows and Ubuntu) alongside an E drive for other storage. I deleted the Ubuntu partition and after rebooting the system, it told me that there was a grub error - 'Error: no such partition". After looking up what...
  9. Disk partitioning, win10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk partitioning, win10 installation: [img] Hello. Can somebody explain me what EFI System Partition is doing? Should i remove it? I've tryied already to install win10 from USB multiple times. After installation, pc restarts and starts to display UNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, or , if i insert USB again and click...
  10. Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition issue with Win10/Ubuntu dual-boot installation.: I was running Win7 and Ubuntu. Win7 suddenly refused to boot, so I deleted the partition with plans to uninstall. Win7 didn't like the drive anymore (couldn't create or find system partition). I tried various attempts with diskpart to repair the bootsector and MBR, to no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows dont recognize the ubuntu partition

2. windows doesnt recognize ubuntu disk