Windows 10: Win10 can't be pinged, accessed via SMB or RDC after update

Discus and support Win10 can't be pinged, accessed via SMB or RDC after update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last March, an update killed my SMB access so with my newest issue and this forum helped me through that. This issue feels like an annual challenge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dmw13, Mar 4, 2019.

1. dmw13 Win User

Win10 can't be pinged, accessed via SMB or RDC after update

Last March, an update killed my SMB access so with my newest issue and this forum helped me through that. This issue feels like an annual challenge after I finished all major upgrades last week (I was a few months behind) to the Windows 10 computer I'm using as a Plex server (which is still working) and many services are now broken. I no longer have SMB share access, ping test, or remote desktop ability. After digging about, I found a suggestion to turn on File and Printer Sharing (Echo Request) to enable ping function. That did not work. I checked to make certain SMB was still turned on and one selection was unchecked, so I enabled and rebooted. Nothing changed.

I guess my central question is if anyone knows what the heck they changed this time? This is so frustrating and I'm not at all happy with the new Plex interface, so debating whether to try Linux just to escape these major updates disabling or breaking my shared folder access.

Thanks

:)

dmw13, Mar 4, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 4, 2019
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Mar 4, 2019
  4. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 can't be pinged, accessed via SMB or RDC after update - Similar Threads - Win10 can't pinged

2. IconResource partially works via SMB after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IconResource partially works via SMB after Windows update: Hello, After installing the updates KB5018546 and KB5018418 on October 12, the custom icons I use for my shared folders on my Synology NAS are no longer working.I have already contacted Synology technical support and here's what to know :- the problem occurred after...
  3. IconResource partially works via SMB after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IconResource partially works via SMB after Windows update: Hello, After installing the updates KB5018546 and KB5018418 on October 12, the custom icons I use for my shared folders on my Synology NAS are no longer working.I have already contacted Synology technical support and here's what to know :- the problem occurred after...
  4. Can't access some of the sites via tethering after updating Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access some of the sites via tethering after updating Windows: Hello, I've updated my Windows from version 1903 to 21H1 today and I've encountered a problem. While connecting via usb tethering with my phone, I can't access google, facebook and many other sites. Weirdly enough, things like discord, steam seem to work perfectly normal....
  5. RDC

RDC: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Home laptop to Windows 10 Pro so I could use RDP/RDC between my home desktop and home laptop. I am presently unable to RDC my Win 10 Pro laptop to my Win 10 Pro desktop or vice versa. Details: -I have tried connecting from both directions;...
  6. After Mar Update can't win10 can't access my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After Mar Update can't win10 can't access my computer: After Mar Update can't win10 can't access my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-mar-update-cant-win10-cant-access-my/06c93d10-0677-48e0-8847-695521ad3908
  7. SMB shares accessible via IP but not by hostname works at reboot but shortly after it does not

SMB shares accessible via IP but not by hostname works at reboot but shortly after it does not: I'm assuming one of the recent updates broke this but for some reason... SMB shares are only accessible via internal network IP...eg... \\192.168.1.50\<share name> when it should be... \\<server hostname>\<share name> I do not have this issue outside of this...
  8. Can't access AOL IMAP server via Win10/Outlook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't access AOL IMAP server via Win10/Outlook: Outlook 2003 could access AOL account on 3/24/19 night. Starting 3/25/19 morning can't access AOL IMAP server anymore on my desktop. Didn't change any outlook email account settings which are what microsoft article/AOL states should be: IMAP Incoming mail server...
  9. Cannot access SMB shares via Windows VPN

Cannot access SMB shares via Windows VPN: Hi, I have set up a VPN on my server at home. I am not using a domain. I can ping IP's on the network I am connected to and access things like my router using a local IP address. I can't however access any of my mapped drives. I've tried allowing all SMB rules in...
  10. RDC after encryption

RDC after encryption: I have encrypted both my host computer and home computer and now can't connect to the host after it has updated. Is there a way to use the bit key remotely? 61118