Windows 10: Win10 cant login / Safe boot unavailable

Discus and support Win10 cant login / Safe boot unavailable in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I’ve had plenty of experience with weird Windows problems and I am usually able to solve them by myself. This however is beyond my understanding... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nicmed, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Nicmed Win User

Win10 cant login / Safe boot unavailable

Hi,

I’ve had plenty of experience with weird Windows problems and I am usually able to solve them by myself. This however is beyond my understanding and I could really use some help trying to figure this one out.

Win 10 Pro x64

1. My computer ran out of HDD space during an installation on my only SSD. I cleaned over 60 gb of temporary files in appdata folder but these numbers turned out to be ”inflated” as the software was 40 gb and there was 80 gb available. The HDD still got full and Windows error messaged ”not enough memory”

2.After failing to use taskmanager, explorer och run any other processes i restarted my computer.

3. Get to login screen - used the correct password and get the message ”You cannot sign in to your device”. This happends quite often but is usually solved after trying again.

4. After waiting and reebooting again Windows now tells me my password is incorrect. All reset password options are not of use for me since its a very old e-mail and old phone number. This is not a caps-lock problem, keyboard layout or similar problem

Question: Is it possible for a local windows password to actually be locked due to way too many login attempts?

5. Im not sure what has happened to Windows but every possible old way to access Safe Mode has now been erased. I have no power button on my login screen for the shift method. If i try a repair usb the startup option is not available. There is no ”see more advanced options” for me to press. The hold down power button trick until it forces windows to boot in safe mode only gets me to bios. F8, f10 and all older commands dont work. Trying to access through cmd does not register the command.

How is it possible that every method that has worked for ages now are removed? Clean install is the last option as i would have to bring my ssd to another desktop to backup.

Could this be solved by deleting files on the ssd or has my local windows account been locked due to many login attempts with correct password? Am I missing something with the safe boot options or have they really made it that much harder?

Any help is appreciated!

:)

Nicmed, Feb 23, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 23, 2019
  3. tdehan Win User
    How does one boot to Safe Mode in Win10?

You are kidding ... right?

Instead of simply hitting F8 upon boot to enter the option to select SAFE MODE, in the tutorial you list there are 7 steps to get into SAFE mode.

So... as I stated....Why does Microsoft continue to make things more difficult?

tdehan, Feb 23, 2019
  4. Win10 cant login / Safe boot unavailable

Resolving login issues

If your device doesn't run in safe mode, the next step that we suggest is to run a repair using a boot media. Here are the steps:

• Restart your device.
    • Upon start up, keep on pressing F12 to check if your device respond to BIOS.
    • Once you've accessed the BIOS setup screen, follow the step-by-step guide on Yashwanth Kotakuri's

on how to repair start up using a boot media for Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance with the repair.

Darwin Dim, Feb 23, 2019
Thema:

Win10 cant login / Safe boot unavailable

1. Win10 cant login / Safe boot unavailable - Similar Threads - Win10 cant login

2. Booted in safe mode and cant login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booted in safe mode and cant login: I selected safe mode with registry? Or something of the sort and now i cant login, and i cant bring up the cmnd prompt or my account. I used system. Restore but it did not change anything...
  3. Booted in safe mode and cant login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booted in safe mode and cant login: I selected safe mode with registry? Or something of the sort and now i cant login, and i cant bring up the cmnd prompt or my account. I used system. Restore but it did not change anything...
  4. .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode: I am locked out of Windows with the 'something went wrong and pin unavallable' messsage. Can't reset pin on login screen and don't know password. Safe mode not working, returns to the screen asking for password so I'm stuck in a loop...
  5. .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode: I am locked out of Windows with the 'something went wrong and pin unavallable' messsage. Can't reset pin on login screen and don't know password. Safe mode not working, returns to the screen asking for password so I'm stuck in a loop...
  6. .Pin unavailable can't boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Safe Mode unavailable and System Configuration boot tab inoperable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe Mode unavailable and System Configuration boot tab inoperable: Hello All I need some technical advice to resolve an issue where safe mode is inoperable on my windows installation, and the only information I have available as to what could be wrong is an error code d000000f. I encountered that error code after trying to manually...
  8. Booted into safe mode, but now win10 login screen doesn't recognise passwords (No internet)...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Booted into safe mode, but now win10 login screen doesn't recognise passwords (No internet)...: Been stuck in a safe boot loop since last night after tweaking msconfig to boot into safe mode for uninstalling GPU drivers w DDU. Now it's asking for my Microsoft "password", but won't recognise it, despite how many times i change it, and can't go back to pin login or even...
  9. After win10 update, cant login again?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After win10 update, cant login again?: I have tried all options on window repair but to no avail. I cannot revert to previous window, i cant even reinstall window? Anybody with any solution?[ATTACH]...
  10. Safe mode unavailable after enabling secure boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode unavailable after enabling secure boot: Hello, I've installed Win10 without UEFI/secure boot (a classic MBR drive with NTFS), a few days ago I used mbr2gpt to convert the system drive to GPT and then enabled UEFI and Secure Boot by enrolling the EFI keys from bootx64.efi in my BIOS. From that point I've lost the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows safe boot unavailable