Windows 10: Win10 chkdsk/r.

Discus and support Win10 chkdsk/r. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Would like to checkdisk/repair but computer says I do not have access.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DonaldBarrett1, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Win10 chkdsk/r.

Would like to checkdisk/repair but computer says I do not have access.

:)

DonaldBarrett1, Nov 13, 2018

2. Win10 chkdsk/r.

type CHKDSK C: /F /R /B in cmd and press enter ,

restart the windows

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, Nov 13, 2018
  3. BoMab22 Win User
    Win10 chkdsk/r.

I have tried the suggestions, but the hidden administrator account is either keeping the drive locked or not allowing me access to chkdsk.

BoMab22, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Ethan B. Win User

Win10 chkdsk/r.

Win10 chkdsk/r.

Hello BoMab22,

Have you run Command Prompt as an administrator then running chkdsk /r again? You don't need to delete any admin account, you need elevated privileges to run this command.

Let me know.

Ethan B., Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Win10 chkdsk/r.

1. Win10 chkdsk/r. - Similar Threads - Win10 chkdsk

2. Upgrade with Media Creation Tool stuck on 60% - Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade with Media Creation Tool stuck on 60% - Win10: Dear Sir/ Madam,Good day!Two days ago, I wanted to reset my Win10 to fabric factory. It turned out that reset PC was corrupted by throwing common issue like "There was a problem with resetting your PC, No changes were made" . It took almost a day before I figured out it. Then...
  3. Upgrade with Media Creation Tool stuck on 60% - Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade with Media Creation Tool stuck on 60% - Win10: Dear Sir/ Madam,Good day!Two days ago, I wanted to reset my Win10 to fabric factory. It turned out that reset PC was corrupted by throwing common issue like "There was a problem with resetting your PC, No changes were made" . It took almost a day before I figured out it. Then...
  4. Upgrade with Media Creation Tool stuck on 60% - Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "powercfg" with same settings on Win10 and Win11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "powercfg" with same settings on Win10 and Win11?: HiI want to use "powercfg" to export my power-settings on a Win10 PC and want to import them on a Win11 PC.Will this be successful or is it not possible?Thanks in advance!...
  6. "powercfg" with same settings on Win10 and Win11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "powercfg" with same settings on Win10 and Win11?: HiI want to use "powercfg" to export my power-settings on a Win10 PC and want to import them on a Win11 PC.Will this be successful or is it not possible?Thanks in advance!...
  7. Win10 not booting after power outage, sfc scannow does not work, chkdsk finds no errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 not booting after power outage, sfc scannow does not work, chkdsk finds no errors: Hello, I've had a power outage today when my Windows10 computer was running and now it won't boot anymore. When booting normally and in safe mode it BSOD's with description "Critical Process Died". Automatic repair does not work. Sfc Scannow in offline mode from recovery...
  8. Win10 not booting after multiple BSODs, updated GPU driver and chkdsk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 not booting after multiple BSODs, updated GPU driver and chkdsk: Hi all, I normally manage to solve things myself, but have become more computer illiterate over recent years and have ended surrendering my home pc to the kids. The rig was running well, has older hardware, but didn't have any issues running some easy going games and other...
  9. Odd ChkDsk error on Win10 64 bit that I have never seen and cannot find adequate info about.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd ChkDsk error on Win10 64 bit that I have never seen and cannot find adequate info about.: Hello, When running ChkDsk /f or /r, we are repeatedly seeing the error: ---- Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... The allocated length 0xaeb000 is not in multiple of 0x10000 for attribute of type 0x80 and instance tag 0x0. ---- But then at end of ChkDsk...
  10. Win10 chkdsk/r.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 chkdsk/r.: Would like to checkdisk/repair but computer says I do not have access. How can I delete that admin account ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/win10-chkdskr/6f108ef6-2492-4e73-978b-24de34a5862b