Windows 10: Win10: Choose Folder for Dynamic Icon Preview (on Start Menu)

Discus and support Win10: Choose Folder for Dynamic Icon Preview (on Start Menu) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, This question appears about 50 times. It seems MS has removed the ability to Choose which folder to show on dynamic Icon (on start menu) Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sully76, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Sully76 Win User

Win10: Choose Folder for Dynamic Icon Preview (on Start Menu)

Hi,

This question appears about 50 times.

It seems MS has removed the ability to Choose which folder to show on dynamic Icon (on start menu)

Some quick responses suggest using the "favorites" approach, That's absolutely funny: after 40 years of modern computing, the formal response is "instead of making 1 click on your desired folder, just make 300 clicks on each of your most liked photos"

Seems MS team thought a great majority of users just fill their "Image" folder with family/summer memories, and people that also store work images, screenshots, or whatever else are an extinct species.

So, any real solution for people what to show on dynamic icon, or will Ms be deciding for us?

thanks

:)

Sully76, Jun 21, 2019

2. Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Try removing that icon from the start menu, going to profram file folder for firefox, and doing "pin 2 start menu".

oli_ramsay, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Settings icon missing from the Start Menu in Windows 10

Hello Venkatesh,

This issue might have occurred if you have disabled the settings icon from the Start Menu. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Click Start, type
      Start settings and click the Start settings in results

• Click "Choose which folders appear on Start"

• Enable "Settings" toggle button.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Arul_D, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10: Choose Folder for Dynamic Icon Preview (on Start Menu) - Similar Threads - Win10 Choose Folder

2. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  3. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  4. Latest Win10 Update Changed Start Menu Icons

Latest Win10 Update Changed Start Menu Icons: The latest Windows 10 update 2021-03-09 has changed the Start menu icons. I have had custom black icons .ico on a medium grey backgound for years and now, with this latest update, these icons, which are still the custom black icons beside the folders on my C-Drive, are...
  5. New start menu folder icon location.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New start menu folder icon location.: In the recent updates, a new folder icon in the start menu has appeared. I really like it and wish to make the default folder icon in explorer to be that. Where is the file location that contains that icon? I looked in imageres.dll, explorer.exe and shell32.dll. submitted by...
  6. No icons or Start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons or Start menu: Split from this thread. Powered on PC today and no icons or start up menu appear, I can't do anything and it is running incredibly slow, it is Windows 10. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience if this is not the proper way to ask this question. Thanks for any help....
  7. Start menu weird folder icons

Start menu weird folder icons: Hello, Since some Windows 10 versions, I often have "weird" start menu folder icons, usually when resuming my laptop from sleep mode. The Windows 10 is always a clean install, and I have seen the issue with both Microsoft and HP drivers. Here's an example on how the...
  8. Win10 1709 start menu icon for all user

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 1709 start menu icon for all user: Dear, As we need create Win10 Pro 1709 image for deploy remain PC in our company, i want to apply this settings and apply to all users, "Settings" icon not show on start menu (red arrow as following attached picture) [img] In previous Win10 Pro 1607, i can turn...
  9. start menu file explorer missing & choosing folder disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu file explorer missing & choosing folder disabled: In start menu file explorer is missing & in settings--- personalization---- start---- choose folder option appears on start is disable I have attach some photos then help me please how enable choose which folder appears on start [img] [img] [img] 16438
  10. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601