Windows 10: Win10 Clean install stuck on "getting ready", Kyhi's Tools freezes too

Discus and support Win10 Clean install stuck on "getting ready", Kyhi's Tools freezes too in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to install Win10 on my PC and each time I restart it it is either freezing at "getting ready" or after it the circle with the small dots just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bretz11, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Bretz11 Win User

Win10 Clean install stuck on "getting ready", Kyhi's Tools freezes too

I tried to install Win10 on my PC and each time I restart it it is either freezing at "getting ready" or after it the circle with the small dots just freezes, also waiting several hours doesnt fix this.

I've wanted to try NavyLCDR's SOlution from this thread (Post #4): Windows 10 custom installation from USB stuck at "getting ready"

I can't even try this because Kyhi's Recovery Tools is loading and the desktip interface showing, but after about 5 seconds, this freezes too. It was possible to use Kyhi's Recovery Tools with the same flash drive on another PC, so it can't be the flash drive or the file which is corrupted.

Please help me to get my PC running *Sad

:)

Bretz11, Apr 17, 2020

2. Windows clean install fails - Either stuck at Getting Ready or Getting devices ready screen

Hi, I have been struggling to clean install my windows 10 for about a week now.

I used the media creation tool to create a Windows 10 UEFI copy onto my USB stick and proceeded to clean install my windows 10 cos it was getting too sluggish and startup took like 10minutes.

I am using a asrock b75 pro3-m motherboard and have a 1 TB SATA hard drive.

1) So initially, I booted to the bios and changed my boot order to "UEFI Thumb Drive name" and windows 10 started to install. I chose the advanced installation so I could reformat my entire hard drive into 2 partitions and clearing all my previous data in
    the meanwhile. I clicked "Next" and installation continued until it prompted for a restart.

However, upon restarting, it always gets stuck at the "Getting Ready" spinning dots page or at the "Getting Devices Ready" spinning dots page. The dots will freeze up at some point and won't move. The motherboard activity indicator is not blinking as well.
    If I hard shut down and restart into windows again, it will tell me that installation fails and ask me to restart my installation.

The freeze occurs even when I removed the thumbdrive and all others USB devices after the first restart at 1).

2) So thinking it might be the UEFI installation that may be causing 1), I proceeded to change my boot order to "Thumb Drive name" to reformat and install windows again in non-UEFI mode. I did all the reformatting of my hard drive again and all was well
    and it prompted for a restart.

For 2), I had to manually change my boot order in BIOS to hard drive, if not it will keep booting from usb drive and go to step 2). After changing the boot order to hard drive, windows started up and again, I experienced a freeze at the "Getting Ready" or
    "Getting Devices Ready" spinning dots page. Again, the freeze occurs even when I removed the thumbdrive and all others USB devices after the first restart at 2).

I am at my wits end. Could it be a hardware failure? Shouldn't be cos I could still install to my hard drive.

Please help. Any advice is greatly welcomed.

Simiishthis, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Getting Windows Ready Stuck

Hi Pablo,

If your computer is still stuck at the Getting Windows Ready screen, we suggest that you go to this

thread
    and perform the steps provided by Tadasha Mishra and other community members which other people have found helpful.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Apr 17, 2020
  4. JeffCrisp Win User

Windows 10 clean install - new PC stuck at getting files ready to install

Windows 10 clean install - new PC stuck at getting files ready to install. 56% and not moving.

JeffCrisp, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 Clean install stuck on "getting ready", Kyhi's Tools freezes too - Similar Threads - Win10 Clean install

2. Fix to fresh install getting stuck on "getting ready"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix to fresh install getting stuck on "getting ready": Fresh build, minus the ram,trying to install windows 11 from two diffrent usb drives, one offical from best buy. When i try to install it download the files then restarts and gets stuck on getting ready. Ubuntu installs fine...
  3. Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK: I just built a new computer and am trying to install Windows 10 on my M.2 SSD through the Installation Tool USB provided by Microsoft. However its been stuck on"Getting files ready for Installation 86%"For a few hours now. I have attempted to restart my computer during this...
  4. Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK: I just built a new computer and am trying to install Windows 10 on my M.2 SSD through the Installation Tool USB provided by Microsoft. However its been stuck on"Getting files ready for Installation 86%"For a few hours now. I have attempted to restart my computer during this...
  5. Getting Files Ready for Installation STUCK

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Stuck at Getting files ready for installation

Stuck at Getting files ready for installation: So,I Bought a New SSD Which is There's No OS Installed But When Did I Put The CD In,Wait For an hour,The "Getting files ready for installation" is still stuck at 64%,I Wait for an another hour,and still stuck at 64%,Please Someone Help Me...
  7. Stuck at getting ready

Stuck at getting ready: I have installed windows using a usb and adter the installation and stuff its just stuck at getting ready for a long time i dont think this is normal . I want to keep my files and am using an laptop with a non removable battery...
  8. Win10 Upgrade to Pro Stuck at Getting things ready...

Win10 Upgrade to Pro Stuck at Getting things ready...: I purchased my laptop with Windows 10 Home already installed. I recently purchased the upgrade to Pro through the Microsoft Store App. The install process has now been running for at least ten days straight (I removed all power settings to put the computer to sleep so that...
  9. Stuck at "Getting files ready for installation"

Stuck at "Getting files ready for installation": My computer was bogging down, so i decided to do a freah install of windows 10. I made a proper bootable usb thats made for uefi with the media creation tool. It keeps getting stuck at about 89% even with a custom install and deleting all possible partitions. Ive tried to...
  10. Windows 10 usb clean install freezing at "getting files ready..."

Windows 10 usb clean install freezing at "getting files ready...": I've been trying to get windows installed again on my laptop after I formatted the disk to start over. I created a usb installer using their special utility and ran it. I have also attempted to create the image using winUSB on my ubuntu partition with the exact same results....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 getting ready to install