Windows 10: Win10 Client looses acces to shares

Discus and support Win10 Client looses acces to shares in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, a weird problem occurred for me today. Setup are 3 Win10 Clients with latest Updates. They used to have access to common shares on each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FlorianBaun, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Win10 Client looses acces to shares

Hello,

a weird problem occurred for me today. Setup are 3 Win10 Clients with latest Updates. They used to have access to common shares on each machine. Since yesterday one of the Clients lost the ability to access even its own network shares. Of course it can not access the shares on the remote computers as well.

I think i pretty much went through all the common troubleshooting solutions provided. I can ping all Clients in the Network and DNS works fine.

Weirdest thing for me, as mentioned above, the Client can not even access it`s own network share.

I am somewhat at a loos and would be glad for suggestions.

regards

:)

FlorianBaun, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Guitar Win User

Steam Game Sharing?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/19/rumor-steam-beta-update-file-suggests-game-sharing-is-coming/

This sounds pretty awesome, if true. There are a lot of old games I don't play that I'd be willing to share with friends, and there are some that I'd want to play but not sure about actually buying as well.

Guitar, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Medros Win User
    folding issue with smp client

yeah, followed th sticky step by step since i hadnt used the multicore client before

Medros, Jun 30, 2020
  4. wishihad Win User

Win10 Client looses acces to shares

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone Win10 Client looses acces to shares :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Client looses acces to shares

1. Win10 Client looses acces to shares - Similar Threads - Win10 Client looses

2. Win10 VPN client password problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 VPN client password problem: I recently upgraded from a Surface Pro 3 running win10 to a Surface Pro 7 running win10. I use the win10 vpn client to connect via pptp to a LInksys LRT224 router. The Surface Pro 3 and all my other computers connects with no problem. However, the Surface Pro 7 starts to...
  3. Win10 VPN client password problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 VPN client password problem: I recently upgraded from a Surface Pro 3 running win10 to a Surface Pro 7 running win10. I use the win10 vpn client to connect via pptp to a LInksys LRT224 router. The Surface Pro 3 and all my other computers connects with no problem. However, the Surface Pro 7 starts to...
  4. Win10 VPN client password problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Win10 email client

Win10 email client: How can I tell if my email address is being blocked by someone? If my email address is blocked, will I get an "undeliverable" message. Many thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-email-client/b002a0bf-2079-4c13-a8d5-2aafb50dfe7d
  6. rdp client in win10 home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    rdp client in win10 home: [ATTACH] everything i search comes up on how to enable the server. can someone with win10 home confirm if the RDP CLIENT not SERVER is in Win10? This one: https://preview.redd.it/0lc31j538h541.png?width=407&format=png&auto=webp&s=eb47cdd3255acd6129695e7c50867d3e4d44d3ab...
  7. mount nfs share with nfs client

mount nfs share with nfs client: Hello, my nfs share was exported by my centos os. and I refer the doc to mount the nfs share by nfs client on my windows 10 pro. https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sfu/2009/03/27/can-i-set-up-user-name-mapping-in-windows-vista/ On windows 10 version 1709 mount nfs share...
  8. Share a folder win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Share a folder win10: Why is it so difficult to find out how to share a folder when on the same wifi network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/share-a-folder-win10/e9f45ba0-6638-4b83-bc62-a774176ef25d
  9. Sharing documents in Word and PDF Client

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sharing documents in Word and PDF Client: Since the last update of Windows 10 I have had LOTS of problems. I have figured most of them out (trying to force MS Office 365 when I already have MS Office 2013 installed) I share lots of documents using eMclient. This has never been an issue. I work on a document, I...
  10. Built in Win10 mail client - Blocking

in Browsers and Email
    Built in Win10 mail client - Blocking: Hi, I have just swapped over to the built in win 10 email program. Cannot find a way to block unwanted emails. Looked in settings but found nothing obvious, can right click and move to Junk, but this does not block it. Advice appreciated Thanks Bob 58481