Windows 10: [Win10] Clonezilla erased my source disk GPT, i was able to restore partitions buy I'm...

Discus and support [Win10] Clonezilla erased my source disk GPT, i was able to restore partitions buy I'm... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/LeoEB [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/du2n24/win10_clonezilla_erased_my_source_disk_gpt_i_was/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LeoEB, Nov 9, 2019.

1. /u/LeoEB Win User

[Win10] Clonezilla erased my source disk GPT, i was able to restore partitions buy I'm...

/u/LeoEB, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Guyonskis Win User

Help! GTP partitions not detected.

I was really dumb.
    Windows asked me to initialize the disk... I didn't see GPT on the list so I selected MBR. I realize now that GUID = GPT. *Frown [Win10] Clonezilla erased my source disk GPT, i was able to restore partitions buy I'm... :(*Frown [Win10] Clonezilla erased my source disk GPT, i was able to restore partitions buy I'm... :(*Frown [Win10] Clonezilla erased my source disk GPT, i was able to restore partitions buy I'm... :(... did this erase my partitions?

Guyonskis, Nov 9, 2019
  3. Smittychat., Nov 9, 2019
  4. SteveP555 Win User

[Win10] Clonezilla erased my source disk GPT, i was able to restore partitions buy I'm...

Can not install Win10 preview on GPT partition

I have been dual booting with win 8.1 & win10 insider preview. It was a few builds old and haven't been getting new builds. So when the new 257 iso came out this week I tried to install over. It had issues with the disk being GPT so I rashly deleted the
    win10 partition to start over.

I've created a iso usb and made it a gpt as has been suggested but it just wants to install win10 without asking which partition it wants to install on, so I cancel it as it looks like it would delete my main win8 partition.

What format should the usb iso be created under, GPT or MBR?

The bios is in EFI so shouldn't I just plug in usb iso, reboot and it will run the setup asking which partition I want to install to?

SteveP555, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

1. [Win10] Clonezilla erased my source disk GPT, i was able to restore partitions buy I'm... - Similar Threads - Win10 Clonezilla erased

2. Windows 2 TB limitations GPT GUID Partition Table style as it is able to utilize disks...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 2 TB limitations GPT GUID Partition Table style as it is able to utilize disks...: Is there a way or is it uncorrectable in Windows to have a larger than 2TB partition? Any hope for this corrected with new Windows coming? ThanksDon...
  3. GPT needed but disk has OEM partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    GPT needed but disk has OEM partition: Trying to upgrade Windows 10 Home from 32-bit to 64-bit. After booting from the USB flash drive which, following instructions on the MIcrosoft site had the installation media put on it by the Media Creation tool it asks where do you want to install Windows. This shows...
  4. disk partition not able to use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disk partition not able to use: So recently I noticed that only drive C: is showing in file explorer and there used to be 4 drives from C: to F: and I checked disk management, there was disk 0 with 900GB and disk 1 with 100GB. I'm sure that disk 1 is drive C but 100GB is not enough for me so how can I use...
  5. Please help i erase all disk partitions!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help i erase all disk partitions!!!: Please help i was trying to install w10 on a laptop but the HDd didnt let me. So i decided to use Diskpart to erase the gpt format on the especific partition but instead i erase all the partitions on the disk!!!. Is there any way to Fix it.??? I need to recover all the data...
  6. PLEASE HELP WITH GPT DISK PARTITION ERROR

PLEASE HELP WITH GPT DISK PARTITION ERROR: Now I'm at the point of getting frustrated. I did a clean install on my laptop Asus S56CM, at the moment hard drive is wiped clean no OS. I boot from USB disk to install windows and I got to the disk type is of Gpt style for two days now I don't know what to do. My bios...
  7. GPT Reserved Partition showing as Local Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPT Reserved Partition showing as Local Disk: Hi I have a two laptops with Windows 10 x64. Recently I noticed new partition with next available letter. Size is 128mb and it can't be accessed. I checked in Disk Management but this partition is not listed there as per the below screen: [img] I used MiniTool...
  8. Disk partitioning, win10 installation

Disk partitioning, win10 installation: [img] Hello. Can somebody explain me what EFI System Partition is doing? Should i remove it? I've tryied already to install win10 from USB multiple times. After installation, pc restarts and starts to display UNACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE, or , if i insert USB again and click...
  9. Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk)

Delete Protected Recovery Partition (GPT Disk): Last night I wiped out my ASUS T100 tablet to clean install TH2. But there is a 7GB Recovery partition from Windows 8.1 that I can't get rid off using Diskpart. Can someone please assist me? [img] 29808
  10. DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk: How to: DISKPART - How to Partition GPT disk [img] Information Some time ago in another thread I promised a fellow Ten Forums member, esteemed geek and a good friend of mine Tony K to make him a custom DISKPART script when needed: My system at present is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clone zilla error windows 10 this disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition