Windows 10: Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected

Discus and support Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 64 bit Ver 1809 Greetings, Please forgive the brief description in my title but there was extremely limited room permitted. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nedly1, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Nedly1 Win User

Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Ver 1809

Greetings,

Please forgive the brief description in my title but there was extremely limited room permitted. However that is basically the issue. I have a Win 10 Lenovo s145 computer and trying to use the mobile hotspot in my LG K30 Android Phone. The phone activates its signal with no problem and the computer sees it. Tapping the Connect button produces a field which asks for Network Security Key. Entering the key results in "The network security key isn't correct. Try again" or Simply "Unable to connect". When I go to Settings> Mobile hotspot on the computer the status is what you see on the attached image. As you see the original security key was a little weird with that pipe character and I changed it also hoping a new key would solve the problem.

Any help greatly appreciated. I urgently needed the hotspot service earlier and ran into this issue.

Thank you for your time,

EW

:)

Nedly1, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Your Android phone can now be a security key

Source: The ultimate account security is now in your pocket

Tenforo, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Your Android phone can now be a security key Mobile

Source: The ultimate account security is now in your pocket

Tenforo, Mar 26, 2020
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Is there an app 4 Win10 to click a phone # and dial it on my android?

Hi there

about half way in this article shows how I think you can use Windows to do this.

How to Make Calls, Send and Receive SMS From Your Computer Using an Android Phone | NDTV Gadgets360.com

The relevant bit is this piece I think

It's not perfect but it will do what you need. You need to install on the PHONE as well -- this isn't clear from the documentation but it does work and you DON'T NEED THE PREMIUM (i.e PAY) piece.

You can also initiate a call using AirDroid on your PC, but the call isn't shared with your computer. The PC is only useful as a phone dialer.

1.Click the phone icon at the top of the page, next to the search bar on web.airdroid.com.

2.Dial the number in the keypad. As you start typing the number, a list of contacts with similar numbers will show up on the right. So you can also click the contact you want to call.

3.Click the blue Call button. Now you will have to switch to your Android phone to speak to the person. This is an unfortunate limitation and we suggest that you use a Bluetooth headset paired with your phone as a workaround.

4.AirDroid doesn't let you receive calls via the computer either, but you can reject calls with a text message. When someone calls, you will see a pop-up in the browser window. Click Reject to disconnect the call or Reject with message to send a text message to the caller.

Documentation

[Help FAQ] Quick Guide of AirDroid

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected - Similar Threads - Win10 computer Hotspot

2. Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?: I bought a Yubico Security Key for MFA on my Nord Account password manager. I have installed the key in Nord but when I try to use it a dialog box opens. I have a screenshot but it will not upload. The dialog says:Windows SecurityMasking sure it's you.Please sign in to...
  3. Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?: I bought a Yubico Security Key for MFA on my Nord Account password manager. I have installed the key in Nord but when I try to use it a dialog box opens. I have a screenshot but it will not upload. The dialog says:Windows SecurityMasking sure it's you.Please sign in to...
  4. Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors: Greetings. I am trying to use my Android phone as a security key, however I keep getting errors without any insight. On the setup process, I was asked to scan a QR code on my phone, and after that a prompt popped-up on it. I was asked to verify that it is me, and after doing...
  6. Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors: Greetings. I am trying to use my Android phone as a security key, however I keep getting errors without any insight. On the setup process, I was asked to scan a QR code on my phone, and after that a prompt popped-up on it. I was asked to verify that it is me, and after doing...
  7. Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected: Windows 10 Home 64 bit Ver 1809 Greetings, Please forgive the brief description in my title but there was extremely limited room permitted. However that is basically the issue. I have a Win 10 Lenovo s145 computer and trying to use the mobile hotspot in my LG K30 Android...
  9. Your Android phone can now be a security key

in Windows 10 News
    Your Android phone can now be a security key: Phishing—when an attacker tries to trick you into turning over your online credentials—is the most common cause of security breaches. Preventing phishing attacks can be a major challenge for personal and business users alike. At Google, we automatically block the overwhelming...
  10. Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot: Hello, I am trying to use the mobile Hotspot feature included with my new PC running Windows 10. Here is the issue: I went to settings and activated the hotspot; The hotspot address being transmitted is recognized by my Android mobile phone; I select the hotspot address...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network security key not working for personal hotspot android phone