Windows 10: Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected

Discus and support Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 64 bit Ver 1809 Greetings, Please forgive the brief description in my title but there was extremely limited room permitted. However... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nedly1, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Nedly1 Win User

Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Ver 1809

Greetings,

Please forgive the brief description in my title but there was extremely limited room permitted. However that is basically the issue. I have a Win 10 Lenovo s145 computer and trying to use the mobile hotspot in my LG K30 Android Phone. The phone activates its signal with no problem and the computer sees it. Tapping the Connect button produces a field which asks for Network Security Key. Entering the key results in "The network security key isn't correct. Try again" or Simply "Unable to connect". When I go to Settings> Mobile hotspot on the computer the status is what you see on the attached image. As you see the original security key was a little weird with that pipe character and I changed it also hoping a new key would solve the problem.

Any help greatly appreciated. I urgently needed the hotspot service earlier and ran into this issue.

Thank you for your time,

EW

:)

Nedly1, Mar 29, 2020
  2. Nedly1 Win User

Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Ver 1809

Greetings,

Please forgive the brief description in my title but there was extremely limited room permitted. However that is basically the issue. I have a Win 10 Lenovo s145 computer and trying to use the mobile hotspot in my LG K30 Android Phone. The phone activates its signal with no problem and the computer sees it. Tapping the Connect button produces a field which asks for Network Security Key. Entering the key results in "The network security key isn't correct. Try again" or Simply "Unable to connect". When I go to Settings> Mobile hotspot on the computer the status is what you see on the attached image. As you see the original security key was a little weird with that pipe character and I changed it also hoping a new key would solve the problem.

Any help greatly appreciated. I urgently needed the hotspot service earlier and ran into this issue.

Thank you for your time,

EW

Nedly1, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected

Sorry can I ask for clarification.

Are you trying to connect laptop to phone to get internet ?

or

Are you trying to connect phone to laptop to get internet.

I ask because if you are trying to connect laptop to phone you should not be in Mobile Hotspot on laptop.

Caledon Ken, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Your Android phone can now be a security key

Source: The ultimate account security is now in your pocket

Tenforo, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected - Similar Threads - Win10 computer Hotspot

2. Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?: I bought a Yubico Security Key for MFA on my Nord Account password manager. I have installed the key in Nord but when I try to use it a dialog box opens. I have a screenshot but it will not upload. The dialog says:Windows SecurityMasking sure it's you.Please sign in to...
  3. Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?: I bought a Yubico Security Key for MFA on my Nord Account password manager. I have installed the key in Nord but when I try to use it a dialog box opens. I have a screenshot but it will not upload. The dialog says:Windows SecurityMasking sure it's you.Please sign in to...
  4. Microsoft Security and Google reject Yubico security key?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors: Greetings. I am trying to use my Android phone as a security key, however I keep getting errors without any insight. On the setup process, I was asked to scan a QR code on my phone, and after that a prompt popped-up on it. I was asked to verify that it is me, and after doing...
  6. Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors: Greetings. I am trying to use my Android phone as a security key, however I keep getting errors without any insight. On the setup process, I was asked to scan a QR code on my phone, and after that a prompt popped-up on it. I was asked to verify that it is me, and after doing...
  7. Trying to use Android Phone as security key, keep getting errors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 computer & Hotspot on Android phone - Security Key rejected: Windows 10 Home 64 bit Ver 1809 Greetings, Please forgive the brief description in my title but there was extremely limited room permitted. However that is basically the issue. I have a Win 10 Lenovo s145 computer and trying to use the mobile hotspot in my LG K30 Android...
  9. Your Android phone can now be a security key

in Windows 10 News
    Your Android phone can now be a security key: Phishing—when an attacker tries to trick you into turning over your online credentials—is the most common cause of security breaches. Preventing phishing attacks can be a major challenge for personal and business users alike. At Google, we automatically block the overwhelming...
  10. Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting my Android Phone to my Windows Hotspot: Hello, I am trying to use the mobile Hotspot feature included with my new PC running Windows 10. Here is the issue: I went to settings and activated the hotspot; The hotspot address being transmitted is recognized by my Android mobile phone; I select the hotspot address...